Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Texture pack w/ custom creatures  (Read 1048 times)

Salano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Texture pack w/ custom creatures
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »

I'm using a mod that implements new creatures that I would like to use Phoebus's elves graphics for, instead of the default letters and symbols. Any help on exactly how I would go about doing this would be VERY appreciated.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Texture pack w/ custom creatures
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:28:27 pm »

1.  Download Phoebus's standalone mod.
2.  Copy over the graphics file with the elves in it, and the .txt file which has elves in it.  This would be graphics_jiripetru_elves.txt and the jiripetru folder, unless the name has changed already.
3.  Make sure graphics is set to YES in the init.txt file.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Salano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:39:21 pm »

No, no, no... I already have the elves graphics installed, and it works just fine with them. I want to use the elves graphic tiles for creatures other than the elves.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »

No, no, no... I already have the elves graphics installed, and it works just fine with them. I want to use the elves graphic tiles for creatures other than the elves.

Then you want to make a new file and copy-paste the contents of graphics_jiripetru_elves.txt into it.  Call it "graphics_whatever.txt" (substituting "whatever" for whatever you want, of course) and make sure that you replace the top line in the file with "graphics_whatever" without the quotes.

Now, replace the line "[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:ELF]" with "[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:YOUR_CREATURE_RAW_NAME]" where that name is the name as it appears in the declaration of the creature in your raws.

Presuming you want all the same graphics for all the same jobs, you shouldn't actually need to replace anything else.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Salano

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

Thank you! I got it.