Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brain-dead dwarf  (Read 959 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Brain-dead dwarf
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:16 pm »

I reclaimed an old fort and started organizing the map, which is littered of random items.
Then, I ordered some old 'floating' floors to be removed, and forgot that it would cause an obvious cave-in.

It happened, and a dwarf fell 3 Z-levels, since apparently the cave-in caused 2 z-levels' floors to be "pierced" or broken.
He didn't sustain much damage, mostly a broken arm and leg, but now he's braindead, standing still on the tile he felt on, while dehydratating, starving and needing sleep.

I tried to move him with Runesmith (I only 'cheat' on rare, weird and non-sense occasions), teleported him to a hospital bed and to a place with food..he didn't eat nor sleep. He's really brain-dead or something.
The dwarves also ignore him.

Anyone ever saw something like this, and managed to fix?
I'll probably just let him starve, but I want to know if there's any solutions  :-\

Thanks!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brain-dead dwarf
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »

He's no longer any use to you.

It's time to throw him down a volcano shaft to see if he can spot anything, as his last useful act in your fortress.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

qoou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:16:01 pm »

Has he been diagnosed yet? Make sure he gets diagnosed, it'll be interesting to see what Urist McDoctor says about him.

Otherwise, try turning off all labors on him. Maybe he's just having a panic attack because he's got so many things on his queue, but can't get out of bed with his broken leg.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

he's possesed by the elf druid,purify hhim with magma.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »

Ah, since I had so many things to take care of (and TWO forgotten beasts waiting on the door my "cave basement"), I just let him starve there.

I couldn't diagnose because the doctor didn't do anything about it..I even disabled all the doc's labours and he still didn't do anything.

I think this may have caused due to a LOT of things being on the job queue...this reclaimed fortress is the biggest fortress I ever built, so there's a load of items spread all around..I have to disable all Hauling labours for a dwarf to actually work in something useful.

But I should have thrown him somewhere or did something dwarfy to him..at least could have tested my new giant-atom-smashing-bridge-gate on him  :P

Thanks for the quick replies!   :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.