Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999364 times)

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #870 on: March 07, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »

What the hell is this?

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 07, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in both you have:

Code: [Select]
IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BROWN:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BROWN:1
Missing a "1:" in there.

Ah, good eye. That missing "1:" was the cause.
I'm surprised the error log never reported that in 31.25..

Nate McCloud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:35 pm »

Okay, so, possibly dumb question...

Do I have to put all my modifications into the appropriate files (for instance, reactions to pulverize ore into multiple bags of metal dust and to smelt the dust into bars into reaction_smelter, and the ability for dwarves to use those two reactions into entity_default) each time I download a new version, or is there a way for me to put all that stuff into a separate file(s) and transfer them between versions so I don't have to copy-paste each individual change?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #873 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:00 pm »

You can put them in a seperate file, no problem. :)

Question: Can I restrict a weapon to a specific creature/caste ? Lets say: Holy dwarf, Holy Warhammer. Only holy dwarf can use holy warhammer im combat. Only thing I can think of is bodysize. Make holy dwarves bigger, make holy warhammer bigger. Still a workaround, not a real solution.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 07, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »

What the hell is this?
Its a spam image poster who is posting this all over the forums. You can add him to your ignore list by going to profile->modify profile->buddies/ignore list and that should remove all of his posts.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:15 pm »

Hmm. I have a strange problem. Every civ, modded or non-modded, has a huge majority of the population as, well, nude. Civilized adventurers? Nude, starting with a spear and a copper dagger, regardless of military expertise, similar to how an outsider is. The odd thing is, I've genned two worlds and it's not a set-in-stone thing. But it's incredibly high on both worlds, around 85% of the population. I encountered an Elite Bowman in a camp. No weapons, no armor.

Thing is, I haven't modded weapons or armor, not even entity_default.

I don't understand why this would be happening.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 07, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »

Why is the B target not working here?

Give target B an IT_MANUAL_INPUT.

*taps head* D'Oh!

EDIT: The interaction that I posted earlier now has a manual input for target B, but the creature still won't use it unless it's an adventurer. Here's the CDI:

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN]
     [CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan!]
   [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
   [CDI:TARGET:B:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:20]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:1]
   [CDI:VERBAL]
   [CDI:VERBAL_SPEECH:supersaiyan.txt]
   [CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flowing through you, as your hair turns yellow, your eyes turn green, and rocks slowly start flying from the ground:suddenly has blonde hair, green eyes, and incredible power]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10000]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:09:27 pm by Putnam »

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 07, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »

Could you add the [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED: ...] to an injected syndrome (think like a poison) in order to potentially create the rage virus from 28 Days Later?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #878 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

Yes. But each crazed guy fights all crazed guys, therefore it would be very shortlived.

Short question: Can I add [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:material:XX:XX] by a syndrome or interaction to someone ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:42:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »

Yes. But each crazed guy fights all crazed guys, therefore it would be very shortlived.

Is there a potentially better way to achieve the same results? Scrap the poison idea and just go the interaction/transformation route?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #880 on: March 07, 2012, 10:42:15 pm »

Opposed to life. They attack everything, except undead being. Give them an undead tag as well, and all the transformed rage-dudes will stick together.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 07, 2012, 11:19:11 pm »

Opposed to life. They attack everything, except undead being. Give them an undead tag as well, and all the transformed rage-dudes will stick together.
By undead tag do you mean any tag that the undead or given, or just certain ones, I've always thought it was the Not-Living itself, but my creatures kill their creator, even when he's given a team.  However the unmodified mummies and necromancer's don't get slain by their creations.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2012, 12:23:46 am »

Short question: Can I add [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:material:XX:XX] by a syndrome or interaction to someone ?
Time for me to help you out now :P, You can, but it needs to be formatted like [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:INORGANIC:material:XX:XX].

I used this for my red werewolves, to make their human forms weak to silver as well as their wolf forms.

the MAT_MULT is required apparently.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 08, 2012, 12:38:37 am »

So, I have a question. I'm planning on making an immobile creature to act as a turret of sorts. I was wondering how to make it shoot projectiles that carry a syndrome that makes the hit creature turn crazed and bleed from the hit limb. I was also wondering how to make the turret have a stone shell that it will retreat into when an enemy gets to close.
Any help will be appreciated.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 08, 2012, 12:48:45 am »

So, I have a question. I'm planning on making an immobile creature to act as a turret of sorts. I was wondering how to make it shoot projectiles that carry a syndrome that makes the hit creature turn crazed and bleed from the hit limb. I was also wondering how to make the turret have a stone shell that it will retreat into when an enemy gets to close.
Any help will be appreciated.

the syndrome should look like this
[SYNDROME]
        [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:75:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:START:0:PEAK:50:END:100]
        [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED]
(you can change the severity and duration)

Put that as a contact syndrome on whatever projectile you're using.

to retract in, use this token...

[RETRACT_INTO_BP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:roll into a ball:rolls into a ball:unroll:unrolls]
(^^that's from the file changes.txt^^)

...in an interaction, though doing it when an enemy gets close is probably not possible, if you figure a way to do it, post it, I'd like to see. You can make them do it when hurt though, just add [CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING] to the CAN_DO_INTERACTION statement.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 544