Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999360 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1410 on: April 30, 2012, 02:38:11 am »

So question/s:
Just how far can we "abuse" the PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC attribute token? Is it still limited by the default max values?

Still trying to think up ways to bring back the power and glory of the "good 'ol days" of the past DF versions where Dwarves can hammer Trolls & Goblins several hills away. Though it is still hard to make targets fly painfully even with some syndrome effects & buffs, with everything getting close to some sort of fantasy "realism" grounded physics and such.

Any other ideas beside magically enlarging a dorf's fist to giant size with great weight?  (Though even that won't work since the dwarf is still within default strength & size parameters)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:40:10 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 30, 2012, 04:15:03 am »

Probably been asked, but I can't find it- How do I patch Dwarf Therapist to recognise castes?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 30, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

So question/s:
Just how far can we "abuse" the PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC attribute token? Is it still limited by the default max values?

Still trying to think up ways to bring back the power and glory of the "good 'ol days" of the past DF versions where Dwarves can hammer Trolls & Goblins several hills away. Though it is still hard to make targets fly painfully even with some syndrome effects & buffs, with everything getting close to some sort of fantasy "realism" grounded physics and such.

Any other ideas beside magically enlarging a dorf's fist to giant size with great weight?  (Though even that won't work since the dwarf is still within default strength & size parameters)

So far as I can tell, a creatures needs a strength (heretofore referred to as "power level" because I can) of ~8000 to knock creature away even one tile. A power level of 250000 could do good things.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 30, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

Probably been asked, but I can't find it- How do I patch Dwarf Therapist to recognise castes?
I'm fairly certain the DT zipped up with Deon's Genesis mod is already patched. Other then that my suggestion would be to ask over in the Dwarf Therapist thread.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 30, 2012, 10:03:25 pm »

So far as I can tell, a creatures needs a strength (heretofore referred to as "power level" because I can) of ~8000 to knock creature away even one tile. A power level of 250000 could do good things.
Thanks...with that "little strength buff", I was able to throw a Troll unto the arena wall with an Elf sized creature. Mostly uninjured and just stunned, but it's the path that I'm going for.

Hm, I should really just check out your DBZ mod and study it directly huh?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »

Nah, I've changed the DBZ mod so that the super saiyan transformations are based on body size anyway, mainly because super saiyan 3 literally made their strength value overflow

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 01, 2012, 07:03:23 am »

I'm having some trouble with interactions.  What I am currently doing is having zombie plague transmitted from wild zombies to the player civ by injectable syndrome, this portion is tested and working correctly, however I also want these new zombies to be able to further infect people with zombie plague.  For this I am attempting to use a syndrome, as far as I can tell you can't use CE_ADD to add new attacks (or any token that needs additional arguments).  Thus I am granting the newly made zombies the ability to create further zombies through an interaction and it is here that I am stuck.

My errorlog is reporting: "Interaction Token not recognized : ZPLAGUE", in the creature file.

Creature Syndrome:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 01, 2012, 10:34:03 am »

I did a search but can't say I found a clear answer to a little problem.

Basically I would like to make a custom workshop that would allow dwarves to craft Weapons and armors in sizes that are used for other civilizations, without adding these items
to the normal dwarven workshop. (At the moment only Humans, but if one would add Giants and other sentients it should be possible to make armor and weapons for their sizes as well but that would probably need "Giant Longsword" / "Giant Studded Leather Armor" modding etc.

Is there currently a way to do this? I guess someone allready might have done it but my search didnt give me a good answer to this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:53 pm »

Nope, not possible.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 01, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

@Destroid:
Do you have the interaction file in the right place? I know that several people have gotten this exact same error because they accidentally stuck their interaction file into the "interaction examples" folder instead of into the actual raws itself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 01, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »

@Destroid:
Do you have the interaction file in the right place? I know that several people have gotten this exact same error because they accidentally stuck their interaction file into the "interaction examples" folder instead of into the actual raws itself.

It's in the objects folder with all the other raws.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:40 pm »

What dictates the number of offspring that a non-egg-layer has, other than [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]? It seems like the LITTERSIZE tag is no longer in use.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 01, 2012, 09:59:39 pm »

I did a search but can't say I found a clear answer to a little problem.

Basically I would like to make a custom workshop that would allow dwarves to craft Weapons and armors in sizes that are used for other civilizations, without adding these items
to the normal dwarven workshop. (At the moment only Humans, but if one would add Giants and other sentients it should be possible to make armor and weapons for their sizes as well but that would probably need "Giant Longsword" / "Giant Studded Leather Armor" modding etc.

Is there currently a way to do this? I guess someone allready might have done it but my search didnt give me a good answer to this.
Like he said it can't be done that way,  but since the dwarves crafted all the best weapons/armor/ships in mythology I made mine average to about the same size as humans, while still varying less than humans in size.  Also I saw a drawing made by vikings, which had a dwarf and a viking the same height.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 02, 2012, 12:44:11 am »

What all can be specified by SELECT_SYMBOL in entities?
Vanilla indicates that ROAD, WALL, TUNNEL, BRIDGE, SITE, CIV, WAR, BATTLE, SIEGE, REMAINING, and ALL are valid arguments.
I have tested and found that NAME works as well, applying to person names but also to site names (other things require more testing).
I would like to test:
SQUAD
ARMY
ENEMY
ARTIFACT
PERSON
SURNAME
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1424 on: May 02, 2012, 07:56:14 am »

What dictates the number of offspring that a non-egg-layer has, other than [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]? It seems like the LITTERSIZE tag is no longer in use.

The last I checked, LITTERSIZE still works despite not being used by any vanilla creature, but that was some versions ago.  Have you verified that the LITTERSIZE tag no longer works?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 544