Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999449 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2850 on: October 15, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

Where are Quivers and Backpacks in the raws? I can't seem to find them.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: October 15, 2012, 11:35:38 pm »

They aren't. IIRC flasks, backpacks, and quivers are all hardcoded.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: October 16, 2012, 04:37:32 am »

*Groan*
Alright, is it possible to make wearable containers?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: October 16, 2012, 11:33:44 am »

*Groan*
Alright, is it possible to make wearable containers?
Other then the default ones? I don't believe so. You could potentially make a carry-able container by copying the wheelbarrow entry, but I think all the flask/backpack stuff is all hardcoded.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shawtay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: October 16, 2012, 12:26:03 pm »

If I'm modding a reaction that I want to involve 1 unit of cloth, what would I put as the quantity? I know that metal bars behave differently (I think one metal bar is like 300 units for its reaction)
I'm assuming that cloth works the same way, only I can't look at anything for a comparison.
He likes the color green, metals, flowers, olivine, and rain for its beauty. When possible, he prefers to consume tea. He absolutely detests social interaction.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: October 16, 2012, 03:02:34 pm »

Is there anything in the raws that governs how well a creature does in Worldgen fights?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: October 16, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's a consequence of how well it would fight in any other mode, with the stipulation that worldgen fights always happen 1-on-1.

So... increasing attributes, giving natural combat skills, increasing size, changing its flesh materials, giving access to steel weapons... all of those things should help as far as I know.

If you just want to make sure that creatures do well in worldgen but don't care otherwise, maybe up their size by a factor of 100, then when worldgen is done turn it back down?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: October 16, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »

Alright, so i'm working on a mod, this time, one that uses reagents in its reactions.
Now, im shamelessly using Wanderer's Friend to teach myself, but i've hit a wall.
Whenever I make a tool or weapon my mode produces, it doesn't take the material from the reagent.
I just get something that weighs nothing and would probably pass right through things.
Here is one of the reactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But yeah, everything works except the 'GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:x:.
What did I do wrong?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: October 16, 2012, 05:21:41 pm »

So I've been trying to remove all fish from my mod and replacing them with seaweed and kelp and such. I've found that the [VERMIN_FISH] Tag makes things fishable, so I removed that from all the fish and made several varieties of seaweed. The problem is that whenever the items are fished all i get are <raw nothing> could this be due to the fact that for some reason the seaweed creatures have some problems with tissue definitions or is there a specific way to add fishing items?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:14 pm »

Here is one of the reactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But yeah, everything works except the 'GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:x:.
What did I do wrong?
The bolded shouldn't be there. ITEM_WEAPON_DRILLSTAFF is a subtype of WEAPON and after that is the material entry which it believes is NONE so you get a material-less weapon. [joke] Silly, you're fighting with conceptual weapons which deal conceptual damage. [/joke]

So I've been trying to remove all fish from my mod and replacing them with seaweed and kelp and such. I've found that the [VERMIN_FISH] Tag makes things fishable, so I removed that from all the fish and made several varieties of seaweed. The problem is that whenever the items are fished all i get are <raw nothing> could this be due to the fact that for some reason the seaweed creatures have some problems with tissue definitions or is there a specific way to add fishing items?
Did you also add [SMALL_REMAINS]? I ask because a little search-fu revealed that everything (I think, might of missed something) with VERMIN_FISH also have SMALL_REMAINS, so the <raw X> might be based off of or depend on the SMALL_REMAINS tag.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:47:32 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: October 16, 2012, 06:17:47 pm »

Oh man, thanks a bunch for clarifying that.
And I found your joke to be sort of humorous.
Oh, and I just had an earthquake at my house. WOO!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: October 17, 2012, 07:51:24 am »

Would I be able to make a interaction that causes limbs to regenerate quickly? is it possible?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:58 am »

Would I be able to make a interaction that causes limbs to regenerate quickly? is it possible?
Limb regeneration can only be done by transformation into another creature or creature caste which will heal everything, not just their limbs.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: October 17, 2012, 09:25:54 am »

Limb regeneration can only be done by transformation into another creature or creature caste which will heal everything, not just their limbs.

Yeah, sadly making demonic creature and/or trolls that can regrow limbs isn't possible at the moment (although I hope it will be in the future).
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: October 17, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »

Yeah, sadly making demonic creature and/or trolls that can regrow limbs isn't possible at the moment (although I hope it will be in the future).

Yeah i cant wait for the day that regenerating limbs is possible, cause i want my demon who taunts you with witty comments and regrows anything damaged except internal organs (cause that would be cheating). sorry done ranting lol
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 544