Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002293 times)

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2865 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »

I have seen talk about this before, But I haven't seen an answer yet. I spent a few hours searching so I'm sorry if I missed it.
If I want to edit the damage a creature inflicts with say a BITE attack, or to define an entirely new Attack tag that can be assigned to
a creature is that possible?  After digging through the raws folder looking for Definitions of attacks, I might have missed them but I am
not sure where to go from here.

Later I have ideas involving Fire and Ice. But first things first I want to try and make Carp Epic again. And then I plan to populate my moat with armies of them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 17, 2012, 11:12:01 pm »

I have seen talk about this before, But I haven't seen an answer yet. I spent a few hours searching so I'm sorry if I missed it.
If I want to edit the damage a creature inflicts with say a BITE attack, or to define an entirely new Attack tag that can be assigned to
a creature is that possible?  After digging through the raws folder looking for Definitions of attacks, I might have missed them but I am
not sure where to go from here.

Later I have ideas involving Fire and Ice. But first things first I want to try and make Carp Epic again. And then I plan to populate my moat with armies of them.

Yeah. Ctrl+F "ATTACK". Also, look under the "attack tokens" section of the creature tokens article on the wiki.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 18, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »

I am considering making a high gravity world settlement mod.  What would be the best way to make DF physics more high gravity?  Would making everything more dense work, or is there a better way?

Should I make it rain a sharper version of water with an interaction?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 18, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »

I am considering making a high gravity world settlement mod.  What would be the best way to make DF physics more high gravity?  Would making everything more dense work, or is there a better way?

Should I make it rain a sharper version of water with an interaction?

Making everything more dense would be pretty much the only way for it to work. The physics won't change, but the weight of everything will.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 18, 2012, 11:06:57 pm »

I have been moding for a day, and have two questions. One is incredibly stupid, but I can't figure it out. The other is a little more logical.

Incredibly stupid: I can't get any buildings to work right. I tried just taking a template and changing it's name, but it isn't working. I also tried to take some from other mods just to see if they would work. They didn't. I did manage to make a workshop work by gutting out an existing one, but what am I doing wrong?

Less stupid: How would you implement electricity to a fortress? I was talking about this with some other guys on another thread. Is it possible to use the current electricity system for workshops? The other option was to produce some kind of batteries and have them charged in generators, just having some item produced by power plants. Any other ideas or how I could implement that?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »

You need to have PERMITTED_BUILDING:(building identifier) in the entity.

Yes. In fact, my science mod has the exact system you describe. It uses the millstone, which is the only building that accepts power (can't have any custom buildings use power, unfortunately) to make batteries.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 18, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »

You need to have PERMITTED_BUILDING:(building identifier) in the entity.

Thank you. Saved my life there.

Yes. In fact, my science mod has the exact system you describe. It uses the millstone, which is the only building that accepts power (can't have any custom buildings use power, unfortunately) to make batteries.

That is basically what the other guy mentioned. So by that I could have water and wind power. If I used something else to make the batteries as well, like a petroleum plant, this could probably work out well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »

DFHack has provisions for that, and you could pretty easily just accept petroleum as a reagent for a reaction that charges a battery.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 19, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

hmm, this has been bugging me all day, but has anyone made a mod turning all of the modders here in bay12 into fanciful creatures that are used to make detailed carvings and images?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 19, 2012, 12:52:36 pm »

Another strange question. Are explosions possible? Or something close to it, like firing a superheated projectile? I wanted to be able to make anti-personnel and anti-tank mines, before I give the goblins a tank....

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 19, 2012, 01:06:03 pm »

Another strange question. Are explosions possible? Or something close to it, like firing a superheated projectile? I wanted to be able to make anti-personnel and anti-tank mines, before I give the goblins a tank....

Is it wrong that i saw your name as Stark?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 19, 2012, 02:07:27 pm »

Is it wrong that i saw your name as Stark?

Considering this is a dwarf fortress forum, I wouldn't be surprised if you read it as the screams of infant dwarves.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: October 19, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

UNDIRECTED_DUST works well.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: October 19, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »

UNDIRECTED_DUST works well.

Ah thanks. That will work great for the mines, I think. Is it possible to put that into a projectile, rocket launcher style?

Err...How do you use this for materials? Is it just a creature interaction?

I still can't anything to explode (Right. I did manage to get it to explode on themselves). I tried making a material known as "Explosives" to build the rockets out of, so far I have tried making them evaporate when they get to body temperature (It exploded, but not when they hit, just when they held it to long.) I also tried making it really, really hot, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I did it wrong. Undirected_dust doesn't work for material, does it?

And does anyone know the temperature of a quiver and what makes bullets stick?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:55:55 pm by Stirk »

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 19, 2012, 08:34:14 pm »

Probably a hopeless question, but still worth asking: is there a way to assign a specific animal exclusively to a race?

Because i created a custom livestock/beast of burden that i wanted to limit to a custom race for flavor reasons, but i guess there is no workaround within the current tags, and i'd rather avoid to spawn them from a workshop, or evoke them with an interaction, or transform other creatures into them. Any suggestions?

Edit: Thanks Putnam, that was right what i was looking for.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:39:46 pm by Triccispicci »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 544