Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002478 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2880 on: October 19, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »

Make them good and make only the race you want to have use them use good animals.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: October 20, 2012, 12:28:54 am »

Wow I am asking a lot of questions (Second day trying to make a new mod...It is surprisingly easy compared to actually playing the game).

Is it possible to add syndromes to weapons? I couldn't figure out how to make explosions from weapons (Well in the right place...), so I figured the next best thing would be adding a syndrome to the weapon that destroys the "brain" of the tank.

EDIT: Would it be possible to add  MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER to the tank to make it weak against "Explosives" (As in, a material named explosives)? Would that work for my purpose?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:40:02 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: October 20, 2012, 10:06:19 am »

Wow I am asking a lot of questions (Second day trying to make a new mod...It is surprisingly easy compared to actually playing the game).

Is it possible to add syndromes to weapons?

It is not possible to add syndromes to weapons, sort of.
If you mean, the weapon causes syndromes through attacks, it cannot be done.
If you mean, the weapon explodes into a gas cloud, then yes, that is possible.

I'll leave the rest of your question to people who know.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: October 20, 2012, 11:10:41 am »

It is not possible to add syndromes to weapons, sort of.
If you mean, the weapon causes syndromes through attacks, it cannot be done.
If you mean, the weapon explodes into a gas cloud, then yes, that is possible.

Ah the gas cloud would be better then the first one, considering I am making rockets. So how would I make it explode into a gas cloud?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:24 am »

Assuming the thing that you want it to explode in has a normal body temperature, then you would want to give your rocket ammunition a boiling point of 10060 (just below body temperature, but above air temperature). Then when the "rocket" sticks in the enemy it will boil, releasing a cloud that can have any inhale type syndromes that you want placed on it. Of course it only works for crossbows/bows/blowguns, so no exploding hammers, but it works fairly well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 20, 2012, 11:28:41 am »

Assuming the thing that you want it to explode in has a normal body temperature, then you would want to give your rocket ammunition a boiling point of 10060 (just below body temperature, but above air temperature). Then when the "rocket" sticks in the enemy it will boil, releasing a cloud that can have any inhale type syndromes that you want placed on it. Of course it only works for crossbows/bows/blowguns, so no exploding hammers, but it works fairly well.

Ah I tried that, I changed it to a stick weapon, though I couldn't get it to explode. But it did explode in the people's hands -_-. It is based off a crossbow, though the "bolt" is changed a lot. Well I guess I put the tag on the material rather then the rocket, would that make a difference? Though I guess I could always just raise the temperature of the tank a bit, but then it wouldn't explode when it hit normal goblins (I guess that isn't that big a problem anyway...). I am going to go try this now, thanks.

While I am on it, does anyone know what makes ammunition stick? It would be nice if I could change the rocket so it can get stuck more often.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 20, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »

Im not sure, but I think it has something to do with PENETRATION_DEPTH
I.E. The second number in an attack in the raws.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 20, 2012, 07:17:40 pm »

NEW QUESTION:

I'm trying to make padded cloth armor, but I'm having trouble trying to get people to wear it in conjunction with mail. Ideally, I want to allow people to wear padded cloth vests over mail and a coif under a helmet. If someone can give me an explanation on how [LAYER_SIZE] and [LAYER_PERMIT] work and what the values mean that would be utterly awesome and greatly appreciated.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 20, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »

The way that LAYER_SIZE and LAYER_PERMIT work is fairly simple. Basically each item can have a total "size" below it equal to it's layer permit, and for all future pieces of clothing it has any that are currently being worn have a size of LAYER_SIZE. So for example capes have a size of 10 and a permit of 300. So when you go to equip your 30th cape it looks at what you are currently wearing (29 capes) and totals up all of their sizes (29*10=290). 290 is less then 300, so it lets you equip the next cape.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: October 20, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »

Im not sure, but I think it has something to do with PENETRATION_DEPTH
I.E. The second number in an attack in the raws.

I don't think that is it, since that is a creature token and weapons stick more then creature attacks, but thanks for the answer.

I decided on a work-around, I will add a thin "skin" tissue of a weaker material that the explosives can stick to, eliminating the problem.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 20, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »

Might as well ask here rather than make a new thread.

Is it possible to make weapons require specific items to be forged, rather than just taking some number of metal bars?

For example, if I want to make a chainsword cost 3 metal sawblades, a chain, one metal bar, and a mechanism in order to be crafted, could I do that? The wiki isn't too clear on something like this.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 20, 2012, 08:40:25 pm »

Is it possible to make weapons require specific items to be forged, rather than just taking some number of metal bars?

For example, if I want to make a chainsword cost 3 metal sawblades, a chain, one metal bar, and a mechanism in order to be crafted, could I do that? The wiki isn't too clear on something like this.
Only give the civilization access to it by a reaction requiring those things.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 20, 2012, 08:52:12 pm »

To clarify what he said, if you don't put the weapon in the entity file, but do put the reaction to make them. The reaction would go something like this, just making things up:
[REACTION:MAKECHAINSWORD]
   [NAME:Make Chainsword]
   [BUILDING:CHANSWORDMAKINGBUILDING:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:A:3:TOY:ITEM_TOY_SAWBLADES:NONE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:A:MECHANISM:WHATEVER_A_MECHANIMS_IS:?:?]
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHAINSWORD:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

Just making stuff up using a random weapon with mods, but I hope it helps you get the point. Just make a reaction like that without putting the weapon in the entity file.

But this does mean that the civilization won't be able to make the weapon outside of the fortress, so wars and soldiers will go on without getting that weapon unless you make it and give it to them. Get what I am saying?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 20, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »

Got it; check the wiki for more info on reactions, make reaction and corresponding weapon and don't give access to the weapons in the entity file for dorfs.

What happens if I do "put the weapon in the entity file?" Will the game crash or will that just mean that chainswords could show up outside of player made fortresses, like being genned in worldgen and showing up in towns in adventure mode?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

firefaux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 20, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »

A few questions.
First, how does the [SKELETON] tag affect the game?
And second, if I connect an elbow body part with the [JOINT] tag to an upper arm and then attach the lower arm to the elbow, how is it different from the regular humanoid joints in body_default?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 544