Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002060 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2940 on: October 25, 2012, 11:36:17 pm »

Ah thanks. Not sure why I even put that, I have done reactions like that before....

Ah, it is still making magma, for some reason....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:40:52 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: October 25, 2012, 11:42:33 pm »

You want just GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE, not INORGANIC:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: October 25, 2012, 11:50:44 pm »

A thousand thanks. I guess I used the aluminum making reaction and forgot to change that part. My magma production is now down 100%. Though now the material isn't showing up, and they are being made materialess....

*Cough*....I forgot to close one of the brackets....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:57:09 pm by Stirk »

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:37 am »

Not exactly a Modding question, But I want to know if this works,
The way I have a creature set up right now is that It can actively convert it's target into one of it's own through a syndrome, I am wondering if they can breed when the creature becomes turned, They automatically convert it into the opposite gender (caste), but can they breed?
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: October 26, 2012, 10:49:27 am »

I'm not 100% about this, but I think they can't breed if transformed. You could try the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] and [CONVERTED_SPOUSE] tags though.

Also, I've been wondering if there's any way to make a reaction that involves killing a creature, like in the butcher's shop or one of the moods.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »

I'm not 100% about this, but I think they can't breed if transformed. You could try the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] and [CONVERTED_SPOUSE] tags though.
Crud. Thanks for the info anyway.
Also, I've been wondering if there's any way to make a reaction that involves killing a creature, like in the butcher's shop or one of the moods.
I made a reaction that can brew a sterility draught beer, but I dont know.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: October 26, 2012, 03:16:56 pm »

The only way to make a reaction that kills a creature is to have it kill the one doing the reaction (and anyone nearby) by having a stone that boils at room temperature be created and that carries a deadly syndrome. Alternatively if there is a specific creature you have in mind, as opposed to just any generic creature, you could have the creature drop and extra butcher item and then just use the item in the reaction.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: October 26, 2012, 03:34:26 pm »

Can I add verbs to the descriptor_shape files?
And, another question, Can you change what an engraving means, or is it hard coded?
For example, instead of:
Code: [Select]
Engraved on the wall is an exceptional engraving of dwarves by Urist McEngraver, the dwarves are traveling, this relates to the founding of AnvilPunch in 75
Could I do this?
Code: [Select]
Engraved on the wall is a masterwork engraving of dwarves by Urist McEngraver, the dwarves are building, this relates to the founding of AnvilPunch in 75

-Edit- I tried looking at the Forum, It didn't provide information about the [OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR_SHAPE] files, I do think my second question is pointless. I do believe it is hardcoded.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:19:33 pm by MCipher »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: October 26, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

how would i go about removing skill rust for specific skills only? does SKILL_RATES:SKILL:100:NONE:NONE:NONE work?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »

I'm not quite sure how to remove a specific creature as a possible target from an interaction. If for example, I wanted to exclude cats from being targeted, how would I do that? I can't seem to find that anywhere but I'm sure I'm just searching the wrong terms.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: October 26, 2012, 04:47:45 pm »

I'm not quite sure how to remove a specific creature as a possible target from an interaction. If for example, I wanted to exclude cats from being targeted, how would I do that? I can't seem to find that anywhere but I'm sure I'm just searching the wrong terms.

IT_IMMUNE_CREATURE

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

I'm having some problems in my mod that I can't really explain.

The first is with tokens. For example, the Mechanist building requires the mechanics labour to build, I've double-checked the spelling and everything else, yet the Errorlog keeps insisting that it is wrong.

The other problem is that the game seems to completely ignore any tissue templates I add, then complain that they don't exist when a creature tries to use them.

Does anyone knows the cause or solution to these two problems?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: October 26, 2012, 05:30:29 pm »

I'm having some problems in my mod that I can't really explain.

The first is with tokens. For example, the Mechanist building requires the mechanics labour to build, I've double-checked the spelling and everything else, yet the Errorlog keeps insisting that it is wrong.

The other problem is that the game seems to completely ignore any tissue templates I add, then complain that they don't exist when a creature tries to use them.

Does anyone knows the cause or solution to these two problems?

...then post the errorlog, the bulding, and the file that contains your new tissue templates. We can't find the cause unless you actually give us the required info.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:20 pm »

So I got the custom building for making my mechanical super weapons, and the required reactions to produce them.

Skipping over the reactions for a bit, I'm having issues with adding multiple weapons to one txt file, or something like that. I wanted to have all 3 planned weapons in one item_weapon file, to be more compact. Now the other two weapons aren't showing up in arena to be tested, only the chainsword. I assume I can have multiple weapons per file, since even the vanilla raws work like that. I'm positive I've updated all the required files, including the civ file, and added the reactions I've done so far (in a seperate "reactions_dorftech.txt" file) in case that was the problem.  Still the other two aren't showing up.

Added the required permitted reaction tags to entities, so I'm sure that can't be the problem.

Anyone know the problem?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: October 26, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

What does the top say? If you named the file "items_weapons" it is possible they would conflict.

Other then that, you should probably name them "DRILLINGSPEAR" and "FORCEAXE", just remove the underscores and see if that helps.

In other news, I finally figured out what causes weapons to stick, it was "Penetration" value next to the edge value thingy. So now I got my rockets to always blow up! Just wanted to brag.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:16:06 pm by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 544