Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002453 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4395 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:19 am »

Where should I get started if I want to realize the following:

I'd like to be able to recycle low quality crafts, specifically furniture. As an example burn beds to charcoal or ash, make rock blocks from stone cabinets, coffers and statues etc.

I figure it's not possible to add such reactions to existing workshops like the wood furnace or the masons's shop? Checked the raws and only found a fraction of workshops covered - is the rest hardcoded? I assume some existing mod already added similar things, so if anybody could hint me towards it I'd appreciate it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:46 am »

Where should I get started if I want to realize the following:

I'd like to be able to recycle low quality crafts, specifically furniture. As an example burn beds to charcoal or ash, make rock blocks from stone cabinets, coffers and statues etc.

I figure it's not possible to add such reactions to existing workshops like the wood furnace or the masons's shop? Checked the raws and only found a fraction of workshops covered - is the rest hardcoded? I assume some existing mod already added similar things, so if anybody could hint me towards it I'd appreciate it.

It is possible to do, and pretty easy. You can't set the quality though, so you should be careful when you do it. You can add it to some existing workshops, if you want to. I could make a simple one if you tell me which building you want it in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 10, 2013, 11:23:33 am »

I think it would make sense for the wood furnace. "Make charcoal from furniture" or, if that's too unspecific, "make charcoal from wooden bed". However I could not find the wood furnace in the RAWs, hence my question if it's hardcoded. I found the "reaction_smelter.txt" and "reaction_other.txt", but they only cover some few buildings.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: March 10, 2013, 12:00:40 pm »

Is it possible to create a race of undead that when killed transform into skeletons, but can transform back into
normal undead form when transmuting a special *[SOUL] item I've added to drop from all the humanoid races?

And how do I play as more than one race in any given build? used to be possible, Masterwork is telling me to only activate one playable race at a time, not sure why.

I swear before you could just switch your home civ and then you could play as that race, it just took choosing the right civ. You could be any race. Did they change it or does matserwork change it or what?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:29 pm »

I think it would make sense for the wood furnace. "Make charcoal from furniture" or, if that's too unspecific, "make charcoal from wooden bed". However I could not find the wood furnace in the RAWs, hence my question if it's hardcoded. I found the "reaction_smelter.txt" and "reaction_other.txt", but they only cover some few buildings.

Wood furnace? Off the top of my head I don't think so. I could put it in the smelter, if you want.

Is it possible to create a race of undead that when killed transform into skeletons, but can transform back into
normal undead form when transmuting a special *[SOUL] item I've added to drop from all the humanoid races?

And how do I play as more than one race in any given build? used to be possible, Masterwork is telling me to only activate one playable race at a time, not sure why.

I swear before you could just switch your home civ and then you could play as that race, it just took choosing the right civ. You could be any race. Did they change it or does matserwork change it or what?

Yes, it is theoretically possible but kinda complicated.

You have to add  CIV_CONTROLLABLE to their entity file.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: March 10, 2013, 12:14:03 pm »

CIV_CONTROLLABLE, ah yes now I remember.

well i'll attempt it I guess. Hmmm, how do you control the outcome of dying? is there an [ON_DEATH] tag/function?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: March 10, 2013, 12:15:41 pm »

well i'll attempt it I guess. Hmmm, how do you control the outcome of dying? is there an [ON_DEATH] tag/function?

You can  make them drop a specific item on their death, depending on what you mean by controlling the outcome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: March 10, 2013, 01:31:25 pm »

Anything not in here doesn't exist for creatures.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: March 10, 2013, 02:25:07 pm »

Anything not in here doesn't exist for creatures.

So what? Use ITEMCORPSE  and create a special item that causes a reaction once its dropped or spawned that will bring back anything from the dead? But there is no resurrect spell is there?  *scratches head*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: March 10, 2013, 02:36:36 pm »

There is a resurrect interaction, but no resurrect syndrome.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: March 10, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »

one of the reasons that Masterwork doesn't let you is that a Kobold world gen has undiggable stone.
Adding CIV_CONTROLLABLE to other entities works fine in general though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: March 10, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »

So what? Use ITEMCORPSE  and create a special item that causes a reaction once its dropped or spawned that will bring back anything from the dead? But there is no resurrect spell is there?  *scratches head*

Well bringing things back from the dead is problematic. If you just want them undead, it *Could* be possible to simple use a slightly modified version of the Necromancer's raising spell. Mostly, if the "soul" item could act as a one-use necromancer, reviving the corpse you want.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

Except that animation is an interaction effect, not a syndrome, which means that it can't be done with boiling rocks or anything like that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:12 pm »

Except that animation is an interaction effect, not a syndrome, which means that it can't be done with boiling rocks or anything like that.

Maybe not, but he wants to use an item to revive something if I read him correctly. So you can use the boiling rock to give someone an interaction. Correct?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: March 10, 2013, 03:33:55 pm »

Yeah, but that relies on somebody being nearby at the moment of death.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 544