Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002427 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4515 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

It is technically possible to use it as a weapon, or a close-range gas-style attack, but it is impossible to throw a burning laser to my knowlage.

If there's an interaction that fires a gob of it, whether liquid or solid you can pick up that gob (in a waterskin if it's liquid) if it got stuck in or if it fell a z-level after firing. Then you can throw it. Probably you'll burn your hand, but you can still throw it.

Not what I meant. Of course, you could just throw the bullet for all that, I have made explosive rockets that could technically be thrown. I meant thrown as in interactions.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: March 18, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »

It is technically possible to use it as a weapon, or a close-range gas-style attack, but it is impossible to throw a burning laser to my knowlage.

If there's an interaction that fires a gob of it, whether liquid or solid you can pick up that gob (in a waterskin if it's liquid) if it got stuck in or if it fell a z-level after firing. Then you can throw it. Probably you'll burn your hand, but you can still throw it.

Not what I meant. Of course, you could just throw the bullet for all that, I have made explosive rockets that could technically be thrown. I meant thrown as in interactions.

You can't make it raise the throwing skill, but you can use "thrown" as the verb. You could also use a reaction/interaction to make a gob and then just throw it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: March 18, 2013, 10:36:04 pm »

You can't make it raise the throwing skill, but you can use "thrown" as the verb. You could also use a reaction/interaction to make a gob and then just throw it.

....Are you confused, or am I the one confused? Lets backtrack.

1. A guy asks if there is a way for him to spit poison
2. I say no
3. You.....say something?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »

4. I say you can.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:25 pm »

Yes, you can totally make something spit poison! What gave you the idea that you can't? I was just going on the talk about "throwing lasers."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »

Yes, you can totally make something spit poison! What gave you the idea that you can't? I was just going on the talk about "throwing lasers."

Hah! That was a test! So you do know what is going on!

I think.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: March 19, 2013, 06:23:28 am »

Ok so I scrapped my idea for a new one adding a scourge secret turning you into a necromancer for the scourge!! just  a few problems

Is it possible to make a artifical rotten tissue? I understand I can make it easily cuttable but for looks can I make it look rotten in the discription I am making risen ghouls but I am making their bitting stronger at the trade making then easily killable Thanks and you guys are the best if you want I can post results as I go along working on adding risen skeleton warriors

Fake rotting is as easy as this:

[TISSUE:SKIN]
   [TISSUE_NAME:rotten flesh:NP]
   [SCARS]
   [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKIN]
   [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]

Lower is faster.
   [HEALING_RATE:100]

[VASCULAR:1]
   [PAIN_RECEPTORS:5]
   [CONNECTS]
   [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

by changing the tissue name, you can rename it to interesting things, the combat log will look like:

You slash the Ghoul in the upper arm, cutting the upper arms rotten flesh
Ah thank you just one last thing so I know I am correct it is possible to make a skeleton creature if I remove all the tissues like
          [REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:MUSCLE]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]

EDIT!!
I am not sure if i asked before but what is the formula for hight?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:39:53 am by Gaybarowner »

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: March 19, 2013, 10:13:15 am »

Ah thank you just one last thing so I know I am correct it is possible to make a skeleton creature if I remove all the tissues like

EDIT!!

Okay, for the first: That would give you a creature that has skin, muscle, and hair made of bone. I think. Make a new tissue layer plan without ARG4, ARG3, ARG2, and any body parts you don't want from the vertebrate plan. That should give you what you want.

For the second: I'll assume you mean body size. Body size in DF is in cubic centimeters. Fairly simple.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:14 am »

EDIT!!

Okay, for the first: That would give you a creature that has skin, muscle, and hair made of bone. I think. Make a new tissue layer plan without ARG4, ARG3, ARG2, and any body parts you don't want from the vertebrate plan. That should give you what you want.

For the second: I'll assume you mean body size. Body size in DF is in cubic centimeters. Fairly simple.
Worked thank you spirit you have my thanks

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: March 20, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »

I want to make a power armor, but I want it to need an item already attached to a dwarf before the dwarf an equip it or it wont work?

is this possible?

also how would I go about making something that changes the size of my dwarfs?

thx

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: March 20, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »

1. You can't have prerequisites for equipment, no.

2. CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: March 20, 2013, 03:06:38 pm »

1. You can't have prerequisites for equipment, no.

2. CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER

guess this is impossible then:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Armour

I'm trying to make these guys:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marine

I want to make it so that my dwarves can go to a building and then cause a boiling stone process to change their body. But I want it to have 19 steps. The last being a implanted form with an extra part.

I'd like each step to inject the dwarf's body with a new organ via a boiling stone transformation. But doing that would require a 19 race change for each step right?

But since power armor is just general I guess I'll just forget about it.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: March 20, 2013, 03:45:27 pm »

I want to make it so that my dwarves can go to a building and then cause a boiling stone process to change their body. But I want it to have 19 steps. The last being a implanted form with an extra part.

I'd like each step to inject the dwarf's body with a new organ via a boiling stone transformation. But doing that would require a 19 race change for each step right?

Actually, you could make a new creature that is essentially a person in power armor, and transform a dwarf or whatever into that in a reaction which consumes various pieces of power armor called "Wear Power Armor" or something. Then, if/when they need to get out, have them do a reaction called "Take Off Power Armor" or something, which gives you back the armor.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: March 20, 2013, 03:50:25 pm »

Actually, you could make a new creature that is essentially a person in power armor, and transform a dwarf or whatever into that in a reaction which consumes various pieces of power armor called "Wear Power Armor" or something. Then, if/when they need to get out, have them do a reaction called "Take Off Power Armor" or something, which gives you back the armor.

using the same boiling stone process??
this could work....hmmm..

As for inserting them with gene seeds, do I just create 19 different races and one Power Armor race that has the parts of the others in sequence for my desired effects? Using the boiling stone syndrome to transformation process?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:00 pm »

No, you'll need to use the new trueTransformation dfhack feature.  Otherwise, with regular boiling stone transformations, you can only ever transform each creature once, not 19 times and not back-and-forth from "in armor" to "out of armor" states.

You probably want dfhack anyway for a 19 step process so you can use autosyndrome, otherwise each step may or may not work.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 544