Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002160 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4695 on: April 03, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »

1. If a target is already afflicted by a syndrome with CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE, and they get targeted again by the same syndrome, will the effect stack, or will it be overwritten?
1. Overwritten.
On this topic, will it still be overwritten if it's a different syndrome? So if I infect a dwarf with a 2x strength syndrome and then a 3x strength syndrome will he end up with just the 3x? Or will it become a 6x?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: April 03, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »

Yes, it'll still be overwritten, I think. Gotta test that, though. DFHack has some easy ways to check.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: April 04, 2013, 10:25:48 am »

Those only work with regional interactions; syndromes can't have them happen.
No X-Men for you! Seriously, though, weather control would be fun...

As far as I know, you can do it in DF hack, if you really want to.

Heh. I'm trying to create a mage's lab that lets you transform the area into an "evil" biome, or at least simulate some of the activities that would take place there. Meph's "judgement stone" is sort of my template for making things happen in workshops, but custom interactions are beyond me still. I see stuff in magmawiki but I can't figure out how to shoehorn it into the game.

I thought next I'd try to experiment with those "dwarven landmines" and such to see if I can make some sort of creature/object that sits outside and then explodes when enemies bother it with giant clouds of syndrome.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: April 04, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »

Yes, it'll still be overwritten, I think. Gotta test that, though. DFHack has some easy ways to check.

Hmmm, I guess I will have to play around with syndrome stacking and transformations. Kind of the back bone of what I have planned so better test it.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: April 04, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »

Anybody got a replacement or equivalent workaround to simulate the old 40d tag SEVERONBREAKS? I'm trying to make a creature with body parts that disintegrate at room temperature, but just setting the boiling point to 2 degrees Urist doesn't make it dissolve fast enough for my personal taste.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: April 04, 2013, 05:40:14 pm »

Set the boiling point to room temperature? (10070 urist)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »

Well, the problem I'm having, is I plop the sucker down in the arena, and it takes like, a bajillion ticks, but his arm does, in fact, disintegrate as intended. However, it takes too long, as I'm trying to set up for a duplication interaction. Boiling point doesn't make a difference in how long it actually takes to boil. If the temperature of the air is 10060, for instance, it doesn't matter if his arm boils at 10060, 100059, or 1, it still takes the same amount of time before his arm turns into a cloud of Poof, and his hands fly off in directions. (That amount of time, if you're curious, is "too long.")

I did a test and got more than 140 instances of the "You are melting!" message before his arm finally came off. Here's the material and tissue definitions:

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL:POOF]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:PINK]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:poof:poof]
[BOILING_POINT:9525]
[HEATDAM_POINT:9525]
[SPEC_HEAT:1]
[TISSUE:POOF]
[TISSUE_NAME:poof:poof]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POOF]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:DISINTEGRATES:POOF:SIDES]
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: April 04, 2013, 11:01:22 pm »

What did you make out of that tissue? A whole arm?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: April 04, 2013, 11:03:10 pm »

[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000]
[BOILING_POINT:5]

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: April 04, 2013, 11:45:40 pm »

One question that's been bugging me for quite some time...

Does adding [REACTION_CLASS] to every stone set it to economic, and therefore unusable in Fort Mode (unless allowed in stocks screen)?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: April 04, 2013, 11:50:13 pm »

One question that's been bugging me for quite some time...

Does adding [REACTION_CLASS] to every stone set it to economic, and therefore unusable in Fort Mode (unless allowed in stocks screen)?

I'm not sure. Every reaction class in vanilla happens to also have a reaction associated with it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: April 05, 2013, 02:39:25 am »

I think you need to have an actual reaction, though I'm not 100% on that. In the event that they do go economic keep in mind that all layer stones will automatically be enabled at the start of each embark (similar to what happens with flux stones).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: April 05, 2013, 09:19:00 am »

Ok, a couple of questions here:

1. Is the trade depot unique and hardcoded? Can I create a different building and give it a specific tag which would make it be used as a trade depot?

2. MAXAGE in the entity file seems to be throwing me. My civilization doesn't breed. If I leave off MAXAGE completely then they survive even at 600+ years in worldgen, but if I add a MAXAGE of 800+ minimum years then worldgen rejects all builds (doesn't crash, just doesn't ever find a playable world). If I leave MAXAGE out of the entity completely, what defaults is it using? I can't seem to figure out what's happening from reviewing legends.

3. Giving the EXPEDITION_LEADER the responsibility for law enforcement seems to make him criminally insane. Are those behaviors hardcoded and can I control them anywhere else than besides in the entity screen? Is there a complete list of them somewhere else? Can I modify them or add new ones?

Ok, #3 is multiple questions. You got me. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4708 on: April 05, 2013, 09:39:10 am »

1. Yes and No. Yes hardcoded, no you cant make a new one.

2. There is no MAXAGE tag in the entity. Its a creature token. Its the maximum age a creature reaches before it can die of old age. No maxage means the xcreature does not die of old age.

3. Why criminally insane? law enforcers are usually very violent... the tokens I did send you, here again: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Position_token
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: April 05, 2013, 09:47:55 am »

1. Yes and No. Yes hardcoded, no you cant make a new one.

2. There is no MAXAGE tag in the entity. Its a creature token. Its the maximum age a creature reaches before it can die of old age. No maxage means the xcreature does not die of old age.

3. Why criminally insane? law enforcers are usually very violent... the tokens I did send you, here again: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Position_token

Ah. Creature files. Can't keep up with what's where. :) I guess that explains why they aren't dying out in worldgen without that tag.

I've only had a couple of events where the law enforcement came up, but it seemed to happen very fast. Much faster than when I've appointed a separate noble for law enforcement. Might be because the top guy doesn't have much to do and can get right on any "infractions". What happened before was it seemed like he just immediately killed someone else on a whim. I couldn't determine the reasoning behind it. More testing is called for.

I tweaked their emotional stability some based on what you did with kobolds. I may have made them somewhat insane as a base.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 544