Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002220 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5400 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As I said, it's mostly the goblin template right now. It doesn't even have an entity definition yet.

edit: Actually, it's saying that grasp is only somewhat impaired now. which makes it only more confusing. No changes to body or tissue raws.

edit2: I don't know what exactly the issue was, but I have removed the hands and made the upper tentacles [GRASP]. Works just as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:14:24 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: July 08, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

You should still use code tags...

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51:41 am »

Will do.

Regarding entities, is it possible to have a creature with a caste that doesn't utilize professions while other castes do?
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: July 09, 2013, 11:56:03 am »

Will do.

Regarding entities, is it possible to have a creature with a caste that doesn't utilize professions while other castes do?
What do you mean with "utilize professions"? Gain profession skills? Use custom profession names? Be able to have labors set? Be able to work in a profession?

Rainbow_Lizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Killing Kea 8 days a week
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: July 09, 2013, 12:26:27 pm »

I'm trying to make a playable Halfling Civilization (How bloody original) and I have the civilization working, but whenever they spawn, they seem to be at war with everyone automatically. They're not Babysnatchers, or they'd be at peace with goblins, and it's the type of war on the embark screen like you would get with Goblins. Here's their entity raws.
I think their ethics are similar enough to the other races to prevent war. Any ideas to stop it?
The sponge now has a natural predator: THE WAGONMANCER

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:05 pm »

Will do.

What do you mean with "utilize professions"? Gain profession skills? Use custom profession names? Be able to have labors set? Be able to work in a profession?

Being able to work in any profession.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: July 09, 2013, 12:48:32 pm »

I'm trying to make a playable Halfling Civilization (How bloody original) and I have the civilization working, but whenever they spawn, they seem to be at war with everyone automatically. They're not Babysnatchers, or they'd be at peace with goblins, and it's the type of war on the embark screen like you would get with Goblins. Here's their entity raws.
I think their ethics are similar enough to the other races to prevent war. Any ideas to stop it?

Can the halflings speak? [UTTERANCES] doesn't count.

keegspot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: July 09, 2013, 01:00:19 pm »

any way to make a creature in a caste out of rock

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: July 09, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »

any way to make a creature in a caste out of rock

Sure there is. How do you think amethyst men work? Try defining your special caste with this.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:ROCK]
[TISSUE_NAME:stone/rock/whatever??:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:any stone you like! or even metal!]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:ROCK:ROCK:ROCK:ROCK:ROCK]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:22 pm »

Is it possible to create creatures from workshops? Here's what I've tried:

[REACTION:MAKE_A_ZOMBIE]
[NAME:make a zombie]
[BUILDING:GATEWAY:CUSTOM_Z]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:DWARF:NONE:NONE][ROTTEN]
[REAGENT:B:5:MAGIC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CREATURE:ZOMBIE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

When used, it takes some random objects (instead of 1 dwarf corpse and 5 of the metal bar I added) and then crashes when the construction would be finished.

Edit: I realize what the problem with the "magic" bar was, but how would I do the corpse and the zombie? I currently have a "ZOMBIE" creature defined in another file.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:05:29 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:44 pm »

Will do.

The permission to work in a profession is determined by the [PERMITTED_JOB:] tags in the entity, it can't be changed per caste. But you can change the learning rates and skill rust rates per caste and skill with [SKILL_RATE:], and even give a caste natural skills with [NATURAL_SKILL:], so you could theoretically make a caste that will never ever be good at farming, for example, no matter how hard it tries.

When used, it takes 6 random objects (instead of 1 dwarf corpse and 5 of the metal bar I added) and then crashes when the construction would be finished.

Edit: I realize what the problem with the "magic" bar was, but how would I do the corpse?

First, your reagents should look like this:

[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[REAGENT:B:5:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:MAGIC]

Second, you can't create creatures with reactions. There are workarounds to that (create an evaporating stone with a syndrome that makes the worker temporarily transform into something that loses a hand and can reanimate and transform that hand into a different creature), but they are messy and unreliable. I don't really have a link to a post describing that, maybe someone else can provide one.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: July 09, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

First, your reagents should look like this:

[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[REAGENT:B:5:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:MAGIC]

Second, you can't create creatures with reactions. There are workarounds to that (create an evaporating stone with a syndrome that makes the worker temporarily transform into something that loses a hand and can reanimate and transform that hand into a different creature), but they are messy and unreliable. I don't really have a link to a post describing that, maybe someone else can provide one.

Thanks, I'll fix it and see if I can find a workaround.

Edit: Wouldn't it work to create an egg that immediately hatches into what you want? Doesn't work, read on wiki that eggs are too specific in how they work.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:14:30 pm by TheDarkStar »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37:23 pm »

When used, it takes some random objects (instead of 1 dwarf corpse and 5 of the metal bar I added) and then crashes when the construction would be finished.

Edit: I realize what the problem with the "magic" bar was, but how would I do the corpse and the zombie? I currently have a "ZOMBIE" creature defined in another file.

There are no items that aren't here.

To make a creature at a workshop, you need to I'm not explaining it again here's a link.

Will do.

No, there isn't.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: July 09, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »

There are no items that aren't here.

To make a creature at a workshop, you need to I'm not explaining it again here's a link.

I got what you said, I meant I'd first try to think of a simpler way to do it. Sadly, there probably isn't one.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: July 09, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

You're trying to reinvent the internal combustion engine, here :P
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 544