Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999437 times)

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5790 on: August 17, 2013, 02:42:10 am »

What would happen if you removed all the dirt/stone/metals from the game?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: August 17, 2013, 03:48:09 am »

If DF tries to build a geological feature, whether it be dirt, rock, pebbles, ore, what have you, and there are zero valid inorganics, the game, for some reason, builds the feature out of *everything*. It will flash randomly between all inorganics available every frame or so, and will sear your eyes as well as being probably unplayable. I don't know if it'll pull weirder things if you completely nuke the inorganics, or if it'll just crash. It's generally a really really really  bad idea, though.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: August 17, 2013, 06:09:26 am »

Explanation: When the Armok can't find valid inorganics for his world-building, he goes crazy and starts a disco party.
._.

Tkrens

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: August 17, 2013, 08:40:04 am »

Heya. I am not really a modder. Though I do have a question.

I was wondering if it's possible to edit the number of 'points' you get to distribute on items and skills when embarking. I know that the Masterwork DF sandbox start gives you a lot more points. How is it done?

Secondly, is it possible to edit the points you can distribute on skills/attributes in adventure mode?

I know, I am a dirty cheater  :(

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: August 17, 2013, 08:53:32 am »

Heya. I am not really a modder. Though I do have a question.

I was wondering if it's possible to edit the number of 'points' you get to distribute on items and skills when embarking. I know that the Masterwork DF sandbox start gives you a lot more points. How is it done?

Can be done in advanced worldgen ( Design new world with adv param ), then enter advanced parameters. Should be on the first screen and labelled 'embark points'

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: August 17, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

As far as adventure mode goes, it's a little trickier. You don't get any governance over the "points" allocated in character creation, but for attributes, what it does is it bumps your character up to the next-highest "tier" of that attribute. So if you just slide the numbers along in the raws, you're good to go. Creating a new caste of human/dwarf/elf/whatever, pop ratio 1, other castes pop ratio OVER NINE THOUSAND should ensure that these guys don't actually spawn in the wild. You can do a similar thing with skills, by giving the caste natural skills.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: August 17, 2013, 04:43:42 pm »

Hello DF-community!

I already asked on reddit, but did not get the answer I am looking for. Could you help me?

Here goes:
I have a problem, I created this building and I can build it and it works as intended.
But, I experimented with build stages. The strange thing is that the components are white. So instead of colored threads I get white threads and a white table and chair. The intended colors only get applied once the building is finished. Is this normal? It really is not that much of an issue, I just find it really strange. Could someone tell me what is wrong? Thanks!

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:SPINNING_STOOL]
[NAME:Spinning Stool]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:PROCESS_PLANT]
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:0:1:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:1:0]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:43:43:43]
[TILE:0:2:43:43:43]
[TILE:0:3:43:43:43]
[COLOR:0:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:0:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:43:43:43]
[TILE:1:2:210:43:43]
[TILE:1:3:43:237:43]
[COLOR:1:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:3:7:0:0:6:0:1:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:43:43:237]
[TILE:2:2:210:209:237]
[TILE:2:3:43:237:237]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:3:0:1]
[COLOR:2:2:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:1]
[COLOR:2:3:7:0:0:6:0:1:0:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:43:128:237]
[TILE:3:2:210:209:237]
[TILE:3:3:43:237:237]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:3:0:1]
[COLOR:3:2:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:1]
[COLOR:3:3:7:0:0:6:0:1:1:0:1]

The color you want is MAT instead of F:Ba:Br for the colors of that kind.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5797 on: August 17, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »

I had problems with using MAT... it resulted in flickering tiles, no idea why. What is your Spinning Stool doing, btw? I thought that area was pretty much covered by the vanilla loom.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #5798 on: August 18, 2013, 04:36:38 am »

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to change race language files for a particular save?

I tried editing
../Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\data\save\XXX\raw\objects\language_DWARF.txt but it doesn't seem to have any affect when I load up my save.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: August 18, 2013, 07:52:04 am »

@ Ravendarksky
I'm only a new modder myself, but I'm pretty sure you have to gen a new world for additions to the raws to take place, not sure about editing a save though. Check the top of the subjects for this board for the sticky 'Common Question: When do I need to generate a new world?' That should help you out.

I have some questions of my own though:

1) can you add tags to individual castes? Like adding [WEBIMMUNE] - and would these be active in adventure mode?

2a) can I mod in civ entity creatures, such as individual humans, as semi/megabeasts?
also can I give them weapons? I want to mod in powerful wandering weapon masters.
2b) can I give standard creatures weapons? I would also like to add in wandering bandits if possible.

3) finally, can you add rarity to a entity's weapon/armor selection? I'm creating multiple variants of standard civs with flavor, ie arab-esque desert humans, vikings etc, but I would like to make certain weapons available but rare. Can it be done?

Thanks
Solitaire 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: August 18, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »

Language shouldn't require a regen, but existing first names won't change.

1. Yes, of course. Almost every tag can be added to individual tags. The creature token article on the wiki gives which ones can't. It's a small list.

2a. Yes, no.

2b. Somewhat, but it's not actually weapons.

3. Armor, definitely. That's what COMMON UNCOMMON RARE means. Weapons, not sure. People seem to add FORCED after those often, but AFAIK it does nothing at all.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: August 18, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

Thanks Putnam, I wasn't thinking in regards to the RARE, COMMON etc tags for armor, missed the obvious connection there. I'll experiment with weapons then I guess..

Would the method for giving creatures weapons be something like adding a ''weapon'' appendage connected to their hand, or something similar, and then adding fake ''weapon'' attacks to their creature raws?
I assume it'd also need a tissue layer?
That could work, its not perfect, but i can work with that..
Could I then force the creature to drop a specific weapon on death?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: August 18, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »

It would be exactly that, yes, and yes.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:40 pm »

Hi all,
Currently I'm trying to mod MASTERWORKS raws to tweak the experience with the intention of realistic and deadlier combat, among other things. But I'm having trouble with a few points (Mainly body/tissue stuff) and require some advice/plausibility on others.
I hope you can help me. 

1)  Firstly, I'm trying to make necks breakable, with the goal of making a broken neck cause the victim to collapse/be paralysed etc. 
I have tried a whole bunch of things, from adding [JOINT] to the [BODY:NECK] category, to adding [NERVOUS] to the upper spine. I even tried experimenting with [STANCE] on all the spine parts, with the intention of causing the victim to at least fall down with a broken neck, but nothing seems to work in my arena testing.

2) Is there currently a windpipe present in creatures? Because I cannot currently find one, or infact any way to cause trouble breathing without damaging lungs, but I know we can strangle a target and they will eventually suffocate. Is it necessary to add a windpipe to the neck to allow damage to the neck to cause suffocation?

3) Is there a tag I can add to the skull tissue template that will cause a non-fatal skull fracture to bleed heavily? Like a mortal wound. The same for the throat and the thighs, if possible.
3b) Does blood work in a HP style system, making high Vascular values increase the speed at which a victim bleeds to death?

4) What does the [FUNCTIONAL] tag do? I can't find a reference anywhere, but its on some things but not others.. It seems to be mostly on organs, so I'm assuming its, well, for organs. But what does the tag actually do?

5) Is there a way to make blunt weapons do increased damage to internal organs, without getting lodged in the victim? I've got the type of damage I'm after from most blunt weapons now, but sometimes they get stuck, which is a bit hard to imagine... Or is this limited by virtue of being hardcoded right now? Because in my testing, it seems to be linked to the penetration value, despite reading that the penetration value was ignored by blunt attacks - the high penetration value's do more realistic and grievous damage to the internal organs at higher values...

thanks, and sorry for the wall of text.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: August 18, 2013, 09:16:18 pm »

1. Joint should have worked...
2. No, that's one of the tokens. BREATHE or something, I think. If it helps, THROAT is basically windpipe and NECK is upper spine.
3. Yeah, the same way the heart's is done, but by setting the skull's bone instead of the heart's all.
3b. There are two values for every creature: the max blood (always equal to the creature's body size) and the current blood. When the current blood hits 0, it dies.
4. It sets the organ as functional, which I don't think means anything right now.
5. No.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 544