Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999379 times)

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6075 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »

Can someone write the line in a reaction that produces wool cloth of any kind?
I tried [PRODUCT:100:10000:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOL:LLAMA] and a dozen variations but no success yet.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: September 19, 2013, 12:46:35 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:LLAMA:WOOL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: September 19, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:LLAMA:WOOL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]
That produces a "llama skin cloth"

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: September 19, 2013, 01:39:51 pm »

That's because there is no WOOL material or tissue in vanilla. Animals that give wool have their hair renamed using:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]

Try changing WOOL to HAIR in the reaction, and let us know if that works.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:41:23 pm by BlackFlyme »

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: September 19, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »

That's because there is no WOOL material or tissue in vanilla. Animals that give wool have their hair renamed using:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]

Try changing WOOL to HAIR in the reaction, and let us know if that works.
Works, thank you.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:01 am »

what determines whether or not a creature will come back as a ghost in fort mode?

edit: also, if a syndrome is applied to someone twice, will the timer on it's effects be reset?
eg: if you cast DROWSINESS:SEV:500:PROB:100:START:0:END:1000 on someone a second time before END:1000 has passed, will  it add 1000 more "time units" to that count, or will it start it's own timer or something else?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:45:49 am by twentytentacles »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6081 on: September 20, 2013, 05:40:47 am »

Civ-members that have not been buried/engraved on a slab come back.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: September 20, 2013, 11:37:09 am »

Civ-members that have not been buried/engraved on a slab come back.

sorry, I should have mentioned: I'm more specifically wondering if there was something I could do to prevent it, aside from memorials, like if it's related to the [INTELLIGENT] tag or something.

I'm trying to make a race that works kind of like an insect colony with a fairly high birth/death rate, and I think it'd be weird if they had some big memorial for dumb guys they didn't really care about. I guess I can deal with it though if there's no way around it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:20 am »

I'm pretty sure there's no way around it.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure DFHack can do something about it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6084 on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:29 am »

dfhack can delete ghosts, you might be able to find a coder that can write you a script that automatically deletes all ghosts as soon as they turn up.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6085 on: September 21, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

What are the limitations of worldgen reactions?

Can you, for example, have a civ that produces a certain kind of plant and then come trading drinks or clothing made from that plant?  What about gems, wood, or stone?  (I'd like to avoid the 'crate' trick if possible.)  Also, is there any way of making adventurers from a certain civ wear clothes exclusive to that civ through the use of reactions alone?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6086 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:23 pm »

Crate trick is only for finished goods of specific materials.

All things in the entity file will work, but custom reactions that make items dont work. So if you have "make rusty steel sword", they dont trade rusty steel swords. But if you give them "make rusty steel bar", they will trade rusty steel metal items.

Plants work the same. If you give them the plant as base material, then they make the items from it. You cant give them "epic drink", but if their biomes shares "epic plant" then they make it themselves. Same with inorganics and creature mats.

All custom material bars (lets say a wood-bar) will appear in misc-section, thats how I do it. I actually use creature soap, but whatever.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: September 23, 2013, 05:07:30 pm »

Hi guys,
Okay I have a LOT of questions.
I'm sorry, I've just been working on a big project, and whenever I have come across something I don't understand, wanted clarification on, or confirmation it could be done, I have put it on a list and worked on something else in the meantime.

Some may be rather stupid, if so my apologies; I still haven't gotten my head around some aspects of modding DF.

I've spoiler-ed the questions into groups, and they are all numbered for ease.

First 10
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--------------
Second 10
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:11:22 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: September 23, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »

Assuming you aren't using DFHack:

1) No

2) No

3) Squad members are culled in worldgen.

4) You can use [ALLOWED_CREATURE:<creature>:<caste>] for positions, and for professions, you cannot stop specific castes from working, but you can make sure they never get good at it with [SKILL_RATE:<skill>:NONE:1:1:1].

5) As above, you can use [ALLOWED_CREATURE:<creature>:<caste>] to allow only the entity's creature to become a position holder in that entity; but you cannot stop immigrants from accepting any profession.

6) Law-givers appear when you have [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:LAW_MAKING] enabled.

7) No you can't, but you can discourage some labors (see answer 4).

8) No, and there's nothing more to that.

9) Use [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:<position1>] in position2 to make replacements for position2 be picked from people currently in position1.

10) I believe not, although you can have the monarch draw from counts and the count draw from barons.

11) No

12) Masterwork DF has lots of pseudo-real-life languages, you can find them in language_all.txt.

13) No

14) Impossible

15) You can have thousands.

16) You can make the plant production process a custom reaction, then use [PERMITTED_REACTION:<name>] in only one of the entities.

17) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118085.0

18) You won't reach the limit

19) No

20) Yes, you can select the technologies they are able to use with [PERMITTED_JOB:] and [PERMITTED_REACTION:].

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: September 23, 2013, 07:21:56 pm »

Thanks Magma, shame about 13, i'm trying to make a caste driven set of entities, reflecting the rich and poor as well as different races and professions.

I am using DFhack as it happens, but I doubt I could make any scripts etc to get what I want anyway..

I found Masterworks language.txt thanks, had a lot of useful languages in it, but are there any more?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a thread.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:32:17 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 544