Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002417 times)

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6405 on: November 11, 2013, 07:52:17 am »

Yes. Give it syndromes with CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION... see the wiki on syndromes and interactions for examples. You add the syndrome in the drink material of the plant. :)

Looked already, can't get work. Syndromes were easy, interactions... well... let's say i'll take rather straight example. Testing just to see if you make them work right takes way too long time. Half hour per thing, at best. At worst up to four hours. Yes, I am slow to make anything work. You may now understand why I hate build new things. Through, I really love to modify templates. Fast enough...

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:44 am »

Yes. Give it syndromes with CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION... see the wiki on syndromes and interactions for examples. You add the syndrome in the drink material of the plant. :)

Looked already, can't get work. Syndromes were easy, interactions... well... let's say i'll take rather straight example. Testing just to see if you make them work right takes way too long time. Half hour per thing, at best. At worst up to four hours. Yes, I am slow to make anything work. You may now understand why I hate build new things. Through, I really love to modify templates. Fast enough...

Here. Put this under the drink material.

Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:burning throat]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0:END:10000]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:VERB:breathe flame:breathes flame:NA]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:breathe flame]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:6]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:200]

And tweak the values as you like.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

spikeof2010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:25 pm »

What if we turned everything into elf skin, would that work?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6408 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »

Creature tag questions!

1. Does BONECARN have any issues with wild creatures? They'll still spawn in game even if they can only eat bones right? It's only civs that have issues with it?

2. Is it possible to put both [BONECARN] and [CARNIVORE] to get around the "bone eating civs tend to starve to death rapidly" issue for entities?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: November 11, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

1. no, it doesn't
2. BONECARN implies CARNIVORE anyway

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6410 on: November 11, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »

Okay, both good. Thank you!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6411 on: November 12, 2013, 03:05:15 am »

I'm back, because creatures regularly give me trouble!

So I want some creatures to have black hair and black eyes exclusively. But it's inexplicibly not taking them. It's puzzling, because another creature that uses the exact same color modifiers works fine.

Spoiler: Errors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raws (click to show/hide)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Figured it out, blind cave ogres, which I used for a starting point don't have eyes! And I forgot to declare basic hair layers because they don't start with hair either. Hurf. I will paste the entire creature raws in the future.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:36:33 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6412 on: November 13, 2013, 05:54:20 am »

Interaction questions! Along with a couple of misc questions.

1. I have a melee interaction that's supposed to stun enemies and inflict pain, among other things, but it's being used from a range. Why is that? The creature isn't pummeling itself and it's effecting its' opponent, I've confirmed that.

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

2. I have a ranged reaction that's hitting more people then it should. It's also not accepting EYE, EYES or ALL (I THINK just the ALL in the PAIN segment, but the BRUISING segment may also be setting it off) as tokens. How do I get that working?

3. Is there a way to make a creature immune to higher temperatures, besides making custom tissues that have higher melting points? One of the creatures I've made is melting itself with it's own homeotherm. I've tried FIREIMMUNE but it doesn't seem to be working.

And finally, 4. One of the creatures appears to, on occasion, be dying and spawning water/magma on the square it dies on. I have no idea why. This happens in the testing arena, if it helps.

Thanks in advance, again.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #6413 on: November 13, 2013, 11:01:23 am »

Hey, how to make interaction target specific bodyparts like let's say lungs or eyes? Not own bodyparts of course, but someones elses...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:50 am »

You can't target specific bodyparts with interactions, but you can make syndromes target BP:LOCALIZED and you can apply those syndromes by way of a creature attack with SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT. This lets you use the aimed attacks system to precisely deliver syndromes. A downside of this is that you can't learn the attack via secrets, but there's currently no way without downsides.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:19:33 am by MagmaMcFry »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: November 13, 2013, 11:43:20 am »

Interaction questions! Along with a couple of misc questions.

1. I have a melee interaction that's supposed to stun enemies and inflict pain, among other things, but it's being used from a range. Why is that? The creature isn't pummeling itself and it's effecting its' opponent, I've confirmed that.

2. I have a ranged reaction that's hitting more people then it should. It's also not accepting EYE, EYES or ALL (I THINK just the ALL in the PAIN segment, but the BRUISING segment may also be setting it off) as tokens. How do I get that working?

3. Is there a way to make a creature immune to higher temperatures, besides making custom tissues that have higher melting points? One of the creatures I've made is melting itself with it's own homeotherm. I've tried FIREIMMUNE but it doesn't seem to be working.

And finally, 4. One of the creatures appears to, on occasion, be dying and spawning water/magma on the square it dies on. I have no idea why. This happens in the testing arena, if it helps.

Thanks in advance, again.

I don't know about 1 and 4, but I can help you a bit with the other ones.

2. EYES isn't a valid type. Try using BY_CATEGORY:EYE or BY_TYPE:SIGHT

3. No.

Likewise, in your first one, TORSO is also not a valid type. Use BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER or BODY_LOWER or BY_TYPE:UPPERBODY or LOWERBODY. No idea why it's affecting more than one target or why the listed range isn't being respected. You might want to try changing I_TARGET:B and CDI:TARGET:C to match, though I don't think that's it.

Bear in mind that if you make it by category, some creatures won't be affected, such as those with a simple one-part body, who just use the BODY category in place of BODY_UPPER and BODY_LOWER.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:45:11 am by Suds Zimmerman »
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: November 13, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

You might want to try changing I_TARGET:B and CDI:TARGET:C to match, though I don't think that's it.

That's exactly it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6417 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

Aha, I didn't notice the target discrepancy. Always some minor thing. For future reference, where can you find where these body parts are listed? Is it in BP templates, or is it some thing in the .exe it's calling, and as such you just kind've have to memorize them?

Thanks to the both of you, also!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:37:40 pm by Seriyu »

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: November 13, 2013, 08:16:39 pm »

Does anyone know how to make spells and how to make a creature cast certain ones.
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6419 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:14 pm »

Interactions! Take a look at the dragon raws along with interaction_standard for an example, and go from there. You can find interaction tokens on the wiki.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 544