Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002250 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6450 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »

There's a variety of tags that can affect how and where a plants grow.

The main ones would likely be their biome tokens, and the tags that determine what season they are allowed to grow in.

Additionally, you will not be able to see a particular plant in the farm plot options until you have had either the seed or the fully grown plant at one point or another. Try sending your herbalists to gather some more plants in the area, then check to see if the options change.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6451 on: November 15, 2013, 10:21:26 pm »

So it's basically "if the wild plant can grow here, it can grow here in a farm plot" then? It may have been a lack of seeds on embark then, I'll try grabbing a bunch of seeds next time, just to see what's showing up. Thanks!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: November 15, 2013, 10:32:05 pm »

So it's basically "if the wild plant can grow here, it can grow here in a farm plot" then? It may have been a lack of seeds on embark then, I'll try grabbing a bunch of seeds next time, just to see what's showing up. Thanks!

Yep, they won't show up if you don't have the plant first, which is why bringing plants on embark is important. Though plants harvested by herbalists will also unlock the plot options as well.

Of course, the plants will also need to have a seed to show up in a farm plot. I know there are a handful of vanilla plants that will never appear in a farm plot, as they have no seeds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6453 on: November 15, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »

Well that removes my fear of all those "wheat grain/barley grain" plants used for middling stages in processing showing up in farm plots at least! Good to be able to mark something off the list.

Couple more questions...

And secondly, for the future, if a creature is hit by this reaction, will it change their disease resistance info in their description?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: November 15, 2013, 10:55:20 pm »

1: That will multiply the targets disease resistance by 2.5, then add 750 to it, both permanently.
2: Should do.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6455 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:33 pm »

Okay, how do I reduce the disease resistance? Does it take negatives? Or should it be say....

Spoiler: fixed interaction (click to show/hide)

to cut it in half? Is there any way to subtract a fixed amount from disease resistance, or do I have to settle for percentiles?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: November 15, 2013, 11:50:06 pm »

Okay, how do I reduce the disease resistance? Does it take negatives? Or should it be say....

Spoiler: fixed interaction (click to show/hide)

to cut it in half? Is there any way to subtract a fixed amount from disease resistance, or do I have to settle for percentiles?

You can set the fixed boost to a negative number, and it will work. At least, it did in the arena just now when I tested it. Though you will need both the percentage and the boost arguments, omitting either of them like in your example above may prevent the interaction from working.

Just set the percentage argument to 100 to prevent it from affecting the victims stats. For example, this will lower the target's disease resistance by 500 points.

[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:100:-500:START:0]

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6457 on: November 16, 2013, 12:00:59 am »

Delightful! Thank you both.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: November 16, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

I am trying to experiment with the token [CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION] in syndromes. The wiki states;

Code: [Select]
Causes one of the creature's materials to trigger an interaction, generally when ingested. Several additional tokens may be specified after this:
CE:INTERACTION:interaction_id
CE:SYNDROME_TAG:syndrome_trigger_type (SYN_INGESTED, SYN_INJECTED, etc.)

But it doesn't give any information on how to specify what creature material you want to have trigger the interaction. Does it just apply to all creature materials? Are there more additional tokens that can be specified?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: November 16, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

There's only a single mention of that in the vanilla raws, namely in interaction_vampire.txt:

[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]

There's no further mention of RESERVED_BLOOD anywhere, so I guess that RESERVED_BLOOD is the only available MAT_TOKEN, so you can very likely only apply the CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION to the creature's [BLOOD].

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: November 16, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

Nope, if you replace MAT_TOKEN with MAT (IIRC, maybe you keep MAT_TOKEN) you can use any of them, such as PUS.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: November 16, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »

Nope, if you replace MAT_TOKEN with MAT (IIRC, maybe you keep MAT_TOKEN) you can use any of them, such as PUS.

Awesome, I am trying to make a syndrome (applied through a reaction) that targets a creatures blood so that when the creature bleeds it triggers a contact syndrome. What do you think the likelihood of this working is? Not at home atm so I can't test if it will work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: November 16, 2013, 04:45:58 pm »

Bleeds? Blood is guaranteed to work no matter what your blood token is called due to the RESERVED_BLOOD argument.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: November 16, 2013, 05:17:59 pm »

Well I want the dwarf to not have any interactions to start with, then you can give them a [CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION] through a reaction, so that if they get cut and bleed on themselves they become afflicted by a syndrome. This would allow something like the below interaction to be used only when the dwarf is in combat, and thus limit the announcement spam.

Code: [Select]
   [CDI:INTERACTION:SPELL_EARTH_STONESKIN]
   [CDI:ADV_NAME:Stoneskin]
   [CDI:TARGET:C:SELF_ALLOWED]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:10]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
   [CDI:VERB:cast Stoneskin:casts Stoneskin:NA]
   [CDI:TARGET_VERB:is protected by stone:is protected by stone]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:2000]

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: November 16, 2013, 05:19:42 pm »

Hi,

Any idea why these dont work on a normal DF game? Thank you!!

[REACTION:CHEAT_002]
   [NAME:create steel bars]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_B]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:CHEAT_010]
   [NAME:create coke]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_V]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NONE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 544