Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999463 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6465 on: November 16, 2013, 05:22:38 pm »

Hi,

Any idea why these dont work on a normal DF game? Thank you!!

[REACTION:CHEAT_002]
   [NAME:create steel bars]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_B]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:CHEAT_010]
   [NAME:create coke]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_V]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NONE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

What is wrong with it? Is it not showing up in the workshop or does it not give the product correctly?

If it isn't showing up in the workshop, check the dwarvern entity to make sure that they have the permissions to use the reactions.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: November 16, 2013, 07:22:52 pm »

NM I fixed it, I am a moron.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6467 on: November 16, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

NM I fixed it, I am a moron.

Don't worry about it! Just yesterday I forgot to include several reactions in my entity file. I've been working on the mod for... a month or two now. Happens to everyone. :P

Now for a question: Specifically how do the [WET] [DRY] tags effect wild plant spawning behaviour? What constitutes a water feature? Like a lake, or a murky pool or what? Does it interact in a special way with Ocean, Pool and River biomes?

I'm beginning to think those tags may be the source of my elusive plants and elusive plant growths.

EDIT: Yep, certainly did seem to be the case. For the record, if you make a plant that only has a DRY tag it DOES override the biome specifications, and make that plant in essence not exist.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:01:07 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6468 on: November 16, 2013, 11:35:41 pm »

Reaction question! Why isn't this working?

Spoiler: This here (click to show/hide)

It's supposed to take a soybean and roast it, but it's redded out despite having stacks of soybeans. Is the issue that it can't split a stack to do it? And if so is there any way to split stacks to a particular size, or just remove having a specific number of reagents? The product would have to match the number if there was, too. Thanks in advance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:10 am »

The reagent's item being NONE:NONE is worrying; the product's item being NONE:NONE is alarming.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6470 on: November 17, 2013, 12:31:39 am »

I thought PLANT_MAT didn't need a designation at the beginning, huh. Thanks!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: November 17, 2013, 12:32:41 am »

You probably want PLANT:NONE. Material has no bearing whatsoever on item, at least on a lower level; products always need items, as far as I know.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6472 on: November 17, 2013, 12:43:00 am »

Ahhhh, that'd be it, it HAS definitely been the first time I've outputted a plant (at least in recent memory), so it'd make sense that'd trip me up. I really do appreciate the clarification, hopefully will help me spend less time pestering you folks in the future. :P

Thanks again!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: November 17, 2013, 02:54:12 pm »

Proof of concept:

@Meph and anyone else that is interested, this inorganic, when created in a workshop will teach your dwarf a spell that only becomes active when they get their own blood on them. Unfortunately it is allows anyone covered in your dwarfs blood to caste the spell. This can most likely be rectified with allowed creature/class tokens. This was tested to work in the arena by giving the creature the syndrome via an interaction. I assume that giving the creature the syndrome with DFhack will have the same effect.

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:TEACH_SPELL_EARTH_STONESKIN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:blinding flash of light]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten failure stone]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:blinding light]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:/COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:/WORKER_ONLY]
[SYN_NAME:test]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:END:10000]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SPELL_EARTH_STONESKIN]
[CDI:TARGET:C:SELF_ALLOWED]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Stoneskin]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:3]

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #6474 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:13 pm »

Two thing. One, how to make creature's own blood able to resurrect them or theirs kin? And, two. How to make creature able change theirs caste in friendly situation? What? I like to play with gender belding creatures...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: November 17, 2013, 05:33:31 pm »

1. It's an interaction effect, so probably not.
2. CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6476 on: November 17, 2013, 06:35:29 pm »

Two questions!

First the less complex one...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These reactions output nothing. I made an inorganic straw and a straw template, mostly just to get some practice with custom mats, and here they are

Spoiler: STRAW_INORGANIC (click to show/hide)

annnd the material template

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and there. Does anything stick out as broken?

Annnnd I'm making a creature with metal bodyparts, metal skin, and a "sword" that's entirely metal. I have the sword working fine, but it's not entirely metal. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the skin is metal, but it could just be that the skin is thin enough to not be terribly effective.

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

Once more I've bolded the general area the tissue is in. Does that look like it would make the skin/entire sword metal? If not, how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:28 pm »

Spoiler: Problem A (click to show/hide)

I don't see anything wrong with the reactions, but your straw material has [HEATDAM_POINT:1100] which means that it will take heat damage at well below freezing. I don't think that is the cause of the problem though, as the toy used in the reaction would probably be destroyed by heat as well, unless it wasn't made of straw.

Spoiler: Problem B (click to show/hide)

I'm just going to pull the tissues out and post them below, since bolding and other tags won't work within a section of code.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:STEEL]
[TISSUE_NAME:unbreakable hide:unbreakable hide]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BONE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:FAT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:MUSCLE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:CARTILAGE]

I see a few issues.

[TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BONE]

These won't do anything. Posting them under the tissue won't make the tissue apply to those layers. Judging by the name, is the unbreakable hide this creature's armour? If so, you could use [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL] to make it a new tissue that covers the entire body.

Or you could define a new material instead, and use [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:STEEL] [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:STEEL], assuming the new material was called steel. Inorganics cannot be used for creature materials outside of tissue material, as far as I know.

Likewise, these

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:FAT]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:MUSCLE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:CARTILAGE]

Tell the game to apply regular fat, muscle, and cartilage to the sword. Which means it is just a massive meat-sword, which I'm assuming is not the weapon you are hoping for. You could change it to [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SWORD:STEEL], but then the tissue would be referred to as unbreakable hide instead of steel, so you may need to create a new tissue specifically for the sword, unless you are okay with the name.

Hopefully some of this helps.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6478 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »

Heatdam is probably it, as the straw toys don't have any mat defined, because I didn't want "straw straw" displayed, not... quite sure why I decided that was an acceptable heatdam when I was making the mat but hey. :P

Would the "ALL" tag make it apply to everything? Like, internal organs and such? The idea was that the skin was relatively tough but once you busted it up sufficiently he became easier to take down. The original plan was just his upper body, lower body and head would have the steel skin as an armor, but it doesn't really have a lot going for him. I may just end up using the ALL tag and change the name, he's going down pretty easily at this point.

Where specifically does the tissue name show up? I never saw it show up in any combat logs, and his body part names looked normal.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »

Yea, the ALL tag would make it cover everything. You could control it by making several tags and changing the BY_CATEGORY for each one to cover the head, upper body and lower body instead. Something like

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:STEEL]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:STEEL]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:STEEL]

Tissue names show up in the health screen and in combat logs. Though logs will only ever show two tissues at most, usually the two deepest tissues affected. I'm assuming it's to save on clutter.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 544