Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999523 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6645 on: November 30, 2013, 07:56:22 am »

A creature I just modded in just...doesn't die.
Everything in it is broken, it's bleeding like a pig and yet it refuses to die.

What is going on and how can I fix it ?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: November 30, 2013, 09:57:01 am »

This may be a bug, but I'm getting this in my errorlog every tike I gen a new world

Code: [Select]
HEMATITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRON
LIMONITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRON
GARNIERITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - NICKEL
NATIVE_GOLD: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - GOLD
NATIVE_SILVER: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - SILVER
NATIVE_COPPER: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - COPPER
MALACHITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - COPPER
GALENA: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - SILVER
GALENA: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - LEAD
SPHALERITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - ZINC
CASSITERITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - TIN
NATIVE_PLATINUM: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - PLATINUM
TETRAHEDRITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - SILVER
TETRAHEDRITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - COPPER
HORN_SILVER: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - SILVER
BISMUTHINITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - BISMUTH
MAGNETITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRON
NATIVE_ALUMINUM: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - ALUMINUM
RAW_ADAMANTINE: Thread Metal Ore Not Found, Token - ADAMANTINE

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: November 30, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

A creature I just modded in just...doesn't die.
Everything in it is broken, it's bleeding like a pig and yet it refuses to die.

What is going on and how can I fix it ?

If you could post the creature's raws, it would be easier to see if there is something wrong. There could be a few things, but it without any information I can only take a guess at what might be causing this.

This may be a bug, but I'm getting this in my errorlog every tike I gen a new world

That's an odd one. Are you using any mods?

From the looks of the errorlog, it seems that you are missing all your metals.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: November 30, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »

Yes. Fanciful creatures and FD. The thing is, it says the missing metals were in the creature file, but there actually are no metals.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: December 01, 2013, 04:26:32 pm »

I plan to build a relatively minor mod, but I haven't done anything mod related in a loooong time.

The first thing I'm trying to build are "rune stones", which adventurers can interact with to learn new abilities.

Spoiler: the interaction (click to show/hide)
Do I need to specify WHAT syndrome it inflicts somehow? I want each individual gem, or possibly three groups of them (based on worth), that rune stones are crafted from to grant adventurers a syndrome that gives them an interaction. A ruby could be turned into a Ruby Runestone, which might give the adventurer, say, dragonbreath.
Do I need separate interactions for every single stone/syndrome?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: December 01, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »

Yes to all.

Also, items can't give syndromes or interactions without DFHack.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:11 pm »

Hmm...

So I wouldn't be able to add, say, an adventurer reaction that uses up a type of item that gives the adventurer a skill? Bummer. I guess I could change it to give other kinds of items, maybe... like weapons, or armor or something.

That way, I could make a Fortress workshop that actually creates the stone that requires a gem and a weapon.
It would be nice to have, say, low-worth gems always generate their weapon/armor with relatively weak metals, and stuff like diamonds generating very good weapons. I'd prefer it if I only had to create three stones for every weapon, that chooses a random metal based on tier.

---

The mod I intend to create is meant to up the amount of civs/siegers there are, adds some new, interesting creatures, adds a few new metals, weapon types, and plants, and maybe some other small things. Fortresses will have new workshops that craft items of varying use to adventurers- these are generally able to generate worth, but are less useful to fortress dwarves. Creating a weapon-stone won't help the fortress, except for the fact it's got more worth on average than the gem that went into it.

The idea is to make the fort something that players would rather go back to once it falls as an adventurer, rather than reclaim or simply let it die.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: December 01, 2013, 05:50:33 pm »

You could always boiling stone, yeah.

Skill, no. Read.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: December 01, 2013, 06:07:44 pm »

Skill can be done through reactions however. If a reaction gives you a whole bunch of products that boil away you'll still get experience for each one (about 30xp per product I think).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: December 02, 2013, 08:28:37 am »

Skill can be done through reactions however. If a reaction gives you a whole bunch of products that boil away you'll still get experience for each one (about 30xp per product I think).
So there can be a reaction that will instantly make you Legendary+1337 in everything?
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:38 am »

So there can be a reaction that will instantly make you Legendary+1337 in everything?

No, only one skill can be used for a reaction at a time. Though you can have a reaction that causes one skill to jump from dabbling to legendary, if there are enough products.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: December 02, 2013, 11:11:24 am »

Be aware that this tends to crash the game when you start using very large numbers of boiling stones.  What I do for extreme skill gains, instead, is use a container with PRESERVE_REAGENT, create a whole bunch of useless powder items, and then have an automatic reaction to destroy them.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:11 pm »

Hi guys

I'm working on entities and related creatures atm, but wanted to ask 2 questions for the future in the meantime.

1) Regarding creature petvalue for the purposes of butchering:
Can I set different castes of the same creature, eg cows, to have different values, so that some caste's meat/bones etc, are of higher or lower value than other castes?

2) Is it possible for me to make a plant, e.g. a tobacco plant, and after being grown and harvested, use the produce as a reagent at a workshop, to make a new economic product, eg in this case: Cigars?
It's not intended to be usable, just for trade. Unless it is possible to make the new product edible - specifically desired for chocolate, tea, coffee etc

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: December 03, 2013, 02:19:20 pm »

1. Yes, but the caste needs to use different materials entirely than the rest of the castes
2. Of course

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: December 03, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply Putnam.

If I understand you correctly then, I need to make new higher value leathers etc, and assign them to the new castes, to replace the standard creatures leathers etc. Is that right?

I've had a quick search, but can't find where meat is defined in the raws... How do I change its value, or is it derived from the muscle layer?

Sorry for not understanding, I'm still getting to grips with modding.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 544