Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002058 times)

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7140 on: February 04, 2014, 01:23:30 am »

Forges need the architecture and masonry labors to be built, but you probably don't want to remove those. But if you remove both the reaction and job permissions, they can't actually do anything with those forges.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to remove those from the game. So there's no way to actually remove the option from the list? That's a bit of a bummer. Thanks for the info though.

Two last questions. Is it possible to define a shirt item that's essentially just a necklace or rope around your neck? And: is it possible to make an item that counts as filling both the shirt and pants slot? Like a very big cloak on a race of dog-like creatures that refuse to stay naked.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: February 04, 2014, 01:34:13 am »

The necklace thing is possible, just make an armor with UBSTEP:0, LBSTEP:0 and COVERAGE:0. This technically counts as filling the upper body slot already, so you don't need a full-body cloak (which would technically be able cover the lower body using LBSTEP, yet not count as filling the pants slot). Note that your race also needs footwear if you don't want it to get bad thoughts.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:51 am »

The necklace thing is possible, just make an armor with UBSTEP:0, LBSTEP:0 and COVERAGE:0. This technically counts as filling the upper body slot already, so you don't need a full-body cloak (which would technically be able cover the lower body using LBSTEP, yet not count as filling the pants slot). Note that your race also needs footwear if you don't want it to get bad thoughts.

Okay thanks. The cloak was more for variety. I was thinking of making toe-less sock-things for them (so as not to cover their claws, descriptive flavor-wise). They actually walk on all fours, but are modified to be able to grasp things with their front paws (kinda like rearing on their hind legs to hold things) so I assume they'll cry without four socks each. Oh, since no one answered my previous question: do you know if it's possible to make them only dye things certain colors?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: February 04, 2014, 02:34:09 am »

You could disable the standard dye creation mechanic and make custom dye reactions that are only available to certain entities.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:19 am »

Okay. Thanks for all your help! I love creating custom content and learning all this coding-type stuff isn't easy. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7145 on: February 04, 2014, 03:31:54 am »

You could disable the standard dye creation mechanic and make custom dye reactions that are only available to certain entities.
You cant. Dying cant be done by reactions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: February 04, 2014, 04:11:54 am »

Maybe if I can limit what plants they have available then...

Alright. I've taken off anything I saw related to METALSMITHING, BLACKSMITHING, ARMORSMITHING, WEAPONSMITHING and what have you along with all metal smithing reactions, but I see large copper daggers, large silver daggers, and copper crossbows on my embark screen. Am I missing something?

Also, I don't see the shirt-layer neck item I tried to mod in. Is it because it has 0 UBSTEP and 0 LBSTEP?

Spoiler: Scarf (click to show/hide)

EDIT: My custom items aren't showing up on the embark screen either.

Spoiler: Reactions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Custom Material (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Custom Workshop (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:25:19 am by Managrimm »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: February 04, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »

I know that the dying process itself can't be messed with, but you can control which dyes they are able to manufacture.

Managrimm:

Alright. I've taken off anything I saw related to METALSMITHING, BLACKSMITHING, ARMORSMITHING, WEAPONSMITHING and what have you along with all metal smithing reactions, but I see large copper daggers, large silver daggers, and copper crossbows on my embark screen. Am I missing something?
You can't prevent them from trading or looting. Those weapons were made by other civs.

Also, I don't see the shirt-layer neck item I tried to mod in. Is it because it has 0 UBSTEP and 0 LBSTEP?
Did you add them to the entity? As for those custom weapons, I believe worldgen doesn't actually use custom reactions.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:07:17 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »

I know that the dying process itself can't be messed with, but you can control which dyes they are able to manufacture.

Managrimm:

You can't prevent them from trading or looting. Those weapons were made by other civs.

Did you add them to the entity? As for those custom weapons, I believe worldgen doesn't actually use custom reactions.

How can I control which dyes they can make, exactly? Is it just controlling which plants they have access to?

Also, ah. That's fine then. I don't mind them looting. I guess that explains why I can buy a bunch of random bars, but nothing made from them.

And yes, they're in the entity file. Everything else is showing up fine besides the few "neck" items I tried to add.

EDIT: Also, I thought I remembered someone saying that giving a race you weren't playing as (and maybe other cities of your own civ?) a reaction to make something would give them access to it even if they didn't have a building to make it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:50:16 pm by Managrimm »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: February 04, 2014, 04:41:09 pm »

You can control which dyes they can manufacture by changing the plant dye powders to not be dyes by themselves. Here's an example:

Code: (Dimple cup dye code, old) [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:dimple dye]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:MIDNIGHT_BLUE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:1:0:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[POWDER_DYE:MIDNIGHT_BLUE]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
Code: (Dimple cup dye code, new) [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:dimple dye base]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL2:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:dimple dye]
[POWDER_DYE:MIDNIGHT_BLUE]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
Code: (New reaction to actually make dimple dye) [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_DIMPLE_DYE]
[NAME:make dimple dye from dimple dye base]
[BUILDING:QUERN:NONE]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:dye base:150:NONE:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:MILL]
[REAGENT:dye container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:dye base]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:MILL2]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:dye container]
[SKILL:DYER]

Just do the same thing for every dye in the game, then you can customize the available dyes per entity, by giving or not giving them the specific reaction for a dye.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: February 04, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »

Wow, thanks. : )

I'm making a reaction right now so my entity can poison-coat their weapons (they have access to "milkable" spider venom). How would I define the venom in the reagents to only include this one creatures venom? Creature's tag is SPIDER_GRIMM.

Spoiler: venom (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: February 04, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »

Your MILKABLE is wrong. It should be MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:12000 and it should go after the poison is defined.

You'll want [CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_GRIMM:POISON] for that purpose.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: February 04, 2014, 05:22:13 pm »

I'm making a reaction right now so my entity can poison-coat their weapons (they have access to "milkable" spider venom). How would I define the venom in the reagents to only include this one creatures venom? Creature's tag is SPIDER_GRIMM.

First of all, you probably mean [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:12000]. Second, you can access that material remotely by saying [REAGENT:poison:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_GRIMM:POISON], although you can't really coat a sword using a reaction.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: February 05, 2014, 12:56:40 am »

First of all, you probably mean [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:12000]. Second, you can access that material remotely by saying [REAGENT:poison:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_GRIMM:POISON], although you can't really coat a sword using a reaction.

Thanks a ton. The reaction actually just changes the material to an identical one with a syndrome. Right now I'm just using it for bolts though since I don't want the sword to be permanently coated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7154 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:42 am »

You might want to have a look at the dfhack readme. Look for SPATTER_ADD or ADD_SPATTER (I always mix those up). I allows proper poisoning of ammo or blades.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 544