Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002485 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7845 on: June 07, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »

Savage creatures only show up in savage biomes, according to the wiki.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: June 07, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

i want to use the spawnunit command to summon dwarves from specific castes.what does caste number mean?is it the order in which i have written the SELECT_CASTE in my creature file,starting with zero?if yes,what if i used SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE?

also,will the creatures spawned be enemies,or creatures of my civilizaton?can i choose whether to spawn one or another?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: June 07, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »

It's the order in which the [CASTE tokens are written; [SELECT_CASTE] has nothing to do with it.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:19 am »

Does ce_material_force_multiplier affect attacks used with body parts, and not just weapons? Say a creature has a metal horn or something, would it get the attack bonuses against a creature that has [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:METAL_HORN:2:1] ?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: June 08, 2014, 02:21:57 am »

Does ce_material_force_multiplier affect attacks used with body parts, and not just weapons? Say a creature has a metal horn or something, would it get the attack bonuses against a creature that has [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:METAL_HORN:2:1] ?

Mat multipliers can lower damage taken from more than just weapons.

It affects all damage taken from specific materials, which includes weapon attacks, natural creature attacks, and even falling damage involving the affected material.

Though I'm not entirely sure how natural attacks determine which body material to use for the attack's calculations. But if the horn is only made of the affected material, then I can say for certain that the damage it will do will be lowered by the material multiplier.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: June 08, 2014, 10:29:02 am »

You probably want MAT_MULT:CREATURE_MAT:whatever creature:METAL_HORN

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: June 08, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »

out of curiosity, how would the product tag look for beds look?  This is what I'm thinking right now, but I wanted to double-check.

[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:C]

Also, what is the tag for a forge / magma forge workshop? 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: June 08, 2014, 06:42:12 pm »

out of curiosity, how would the product tag look for beds look?  This is what I'm thinking right now, but I wanted to double-check.

You may need a :NONE added to the end of the product line.

[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:C:NONE]

I don't believe reactions can be added to forges, unfortunately. The wiki says that the only valid vanilla buildings are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, and CRAFTSMAN, plus the soap maker and screw press.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: June 08, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »

You may need a :NONE added to the end of the product line.

[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:C:NONE]

I don't believe reactions can be added to forges, unfortunately. The wiki says that the only valid vanilla buildings are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, and CRAFTSMAN, plus the soap maker and screw press.

1.  well I'll try it and see what happens when I get a chance to get on my desktop later.

2.  More items for the smelter then, I guess.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: June 08, 2014, 07:12:56 pm »

Sorry to ask again but I'm wanting to make sure ahead of time whether these will work, I just get the feeling something is off:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: June 08, 2014, 07:22:57 pm »

You are missing the reaction IDs. Each reaction must begin with [REACTION: whatever ]. The ID can be anything, just so long as it isn't the same as the ID of another reaction.

For the first reaction, you should change the amount in the bar's reagent line from 1 to 150, since bars have a size of 150. Otherwise the reaction will give you 150 metal beds.

They are also missing their skill tokens.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: June 08, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

You are missing the reaction IDs. Each reaction must begin with [REACTION: whatever ]. The ID can be anything, just so long as it isn't the same as the ID of another reaction.

For the first reaction, you should change the amount in the bar's reagent line from 1 to 150, since bars have a size of 150. Otherwise the reaction will give you 150 metal beds.

They are also missing their skill tokens.

1.  i'm aware, i'm just posting the reactions as-is

2.  d'oh

3.  as 1.

JackDaniels21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: June 08, 2014, 09:26:39 pm »

Question for Fort Mode: How do I make my modded civ able to complete tasks? When I tell them to do something they just walk around doing nothing. I tried to make horses a playable civ.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7858 on: June 08, 2014, 09:31:39 pm »

Horses have no hands (aka GRASP body parts).And they are not INTELLIGENT.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JackDaniels21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: June 08, 2014, 09:34:46 pm »

And they are not INTELLIGENT.

ah, that must be it.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 544