Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62

Author Topic: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 287289 times)

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »

Well, I finally upgraded versions, and it turns out the old seed doesn't work any more. Can anyone help me find a world with the following:

4x4 embark on a glacier with a volcano in one corner(glacial worldgen helps a lot; it's how I found a place in 34.05). The volcano (that is, the lava, not just the mountain around it) must extend a few levels (5 or so should be the real minimum) above the glacier; otherwise, the glacier should be flat (that is, each of the 16 squares in the 4x4 embark except the one with the volcano and possibly one next to it should be flat). 3 caverns, no aquifer. Needs to be able to trade with humans, dwarves and elves.

If it's possible to get 100 levels of air, that would be best, as I'm planning an aboveground megaproject. Even better if it has its own steel stuff, but that's not necessary (and unlikely, as flux doesn't seem to show up much on glaciers).
=Uncool-
=Uncool-

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2012, 06:13:34 pm »

Maybe this has been requested before, but I would like:

high savagery volcano embark with iron and flux.

That's it.

Thanks!
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2012, 06:44:51 pm »

Maybe this has been requested before, but I would like:

high savagery volcano embark with iron and flux.

That's it.

Thanks!
Simple enough. Try this:
Spoiler: Seed (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Prospector (click to show/hide)

10K iron, flux one level below embark, 3 cavern layers, untamed wilds.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2012, 07:49:34 pm »

I've found an example of the site I was looking for. Only took 10 tries, too. Anyone want a copy?

ETA: The elves may even have sun berries! I'm hoping...
=Uncool-

nukedorbit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:33 am »

DF 34.11
Here is little something for spoiler-FUN.

To get this world I used default world generator params with increased number of megabeasts so it's not something too weird like evil volcano plain. Possibly good for adventure as well.

3x3 embark with demon temple + dragon lair (with alive dragon :o). The dragon is happily settled in his lair and doesn't kill your expedition right after unpausing. ;D
Also it is located in untamed wilds.
Bonus for chosing one of two dwarven homelands which is in war with elves and goblins. The other civ is at peace with them.
No necromancer tower.
Flux + iron + coal/trees
Sand + soil (+clay on bigger embark)
Aquifer (1 level) on west side of the map (not the whole level)
Temperate region but ponds started frozen.
River is possible if you chose 4 squares wide embark.
Getting magma would be tricky without releassing fun-castle. (but maybe not if fun-bringers don't fly)

Seeds:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where to:

Prospector:

I'm... I'm not getting this at all.  ???

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:41 am »

Oddly enough neither do I. :D At least not the firts time. I tryed exit to main menu and regenerate the world and after 1 or 2 attempts it worked.
Or do you use Mac or Linux? That may be problem with seeds.

As a last resort I can upload this world before I embarked if you don't mind Phoebus tileset.

P.S. My first forgotten beast was blind and was able to swim in magma. :o

nukedorbit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2012, 10:59:16 am »

Oddly enough neither do I. :D At least not the firts time. I tryed exit to main menu and regenerate the world and after 1 or 2 attempts it worked.
Or do you use Mac or Linux? That may be problem with seeds.

As a last resort I can upload this world before I embarked if you don't mind Phoebus tileset.

P.S. My first forgotten beast was blind and was able to swim in magma. :o

That's pretty awesome.  :D I'm on Win7, I genned it quite a few times (until I could get it all the way to 150), but my world always appears upside down, compared to the screen shot included. The south is Scorching/Hot, the North is Freezing/Cold, and all the evil biomes are in freezing.

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »

Here're the seeds for my place.

Code: [Select]
[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:GLACIAL]
[SEED:6lA1bLfroZyIV1okRMzU]
[HISTORY_SEED:S56GpTpMNOrbV110dWQu]
[NAME_SEED:fU98DZtO4vWalyPg3Dbc]
[CREATURE_SEED:HaCbDoYDXxEArgJMGkyW]
[DIM:129:129]
[EMBARK_POINTS:1324]
[END_YEAR:100]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:200:-1]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]
[ELEVATION:100:350:1500:1500]
[RAINFALL:0:100:200:200]
[TEMPERATURE:-25:-25:200:200]
[DRAINAGE:80:100:200:200]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:3200:3200]
[SAVAGERY:0:100:200:200]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:5:1:0:0:0:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:2:4:0:0:0:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:2:1:0:0:0:1]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:1800]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:5]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:30]
[TITAN_NUMBER:30]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:28]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:14]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:14]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:14]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:14]
[SECRET_NUMBER:28]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:28]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:14]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:14]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:300:100:0]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:800:100:0]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:0]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[VOLCANO_MIN:200]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:10000:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:0:0:0]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:250]
[RIVER_MINS:400:100]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:0]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:0]
[SUBREGION_MAX:5000]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:70]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:10]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:70]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:100]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:25]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:50]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:50]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:-1]
[SITE_CAP:-1]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:0:0:0]
[RAIN_RANGES:0:0:0]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:0:0:0]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:0:0]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:0]
The location is about halfway between the top and bottom, towards the right side, with mountains on its right side. It has a shallow metal, deep metals, and flux stone.

I've checked most of the civs at 200, and one of them has star sapphires; another has both platinum and aluminum. None of them have elephants or giraffes, unfortunately. I'm going to 200 this time, and hoping for all of the above (as well as elves having sun berries).
=Uncool-

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2012, 03:21:34 pm »

Looking for an embark on the border of temperate and tropical forest, both savage, one or both good, and a stream or brook. Preferably shallow flux and iron.

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

Guys,

I need a volcano with an entire LAYER of flux at least and a decent amount of iron.

I would also like there to be clay and sand and high savagery.

Thank you!
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

BrisoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2012, 06:02:05 pm »

THIS is the most badass site I have ever genned:

Good, neutral, AND evil, ALL savage, all on the same 4x4 embark.  And if pitting fluffy wamblers against giant desert scorpions against whatever horrors that forest of doom will vomit up is not enough, well, just check out the prospector report:

That's right: 11k coal, 3 types of flux, magnetite and limonite.  Surface steel.  Oh, and toss on 3 types of sand, fire clay, and gypsum.  Lots of copper and gold, with a nice amount of silver from that tetra and galena.  If that wasn't awesome enough, there's a nice big candy cane poking up into cavern 3 that goes down pretty deep before it gets hollow.  Big aquifer under the evil and neutral parts, but there should be enough space to dig down to the northwest.  Only real flaw is there's no diamonds in that kimberlite.

Now, I found this in a world I genned up with 34.10 (actually the original was 34.05 but I like this seed).  I genned it again in 34.11 to make sure it genned the same.  It did (the ASCII embark was taken from 34.11).

And just to make things more !!FUN!!, the game spawned some undead ravens right as I embarked.

Oh yeah.  You guys want the seed.   :P

Or download a save from the DF File Depot:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6629

Have fun with Armok's playground.

Anyone knows if this will have magma available? I have not played DF in a while but there used to be a way to know if magma pipes/pools where around from the embark menu, wasn't there?

Also wondering if it's normal that the world I spawn in is covered in snow and that the rivers are underground. Did not look like this was the case in the screens.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:23:21 pm by BrisoS »

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2012, 12:30:08 pm »

There's always magma it's just very deep.

The world thaws out after a while, just wait for summer and don't forget to turn temperature on. I played on that save for 2 inagme years before realizing that i had to turn on temperature for the water to thaw.

BrisoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2012, 01:37:33 pm »

There's always magma it's just very deep.

The world thaws out after a while, just wait for summer and don't forget to turn temperature on. I played on that save for 2 inagme years before realizing that i had to turn on temperature for the water to thaw.

Got the river part - didn't realize the water could freeze and then snow could cover it. Kinda awesome! I thought I'd care about having magma right away but it turns out I don't even have time to think of it.

I made it to year 2 but I'm starting to lose it. I'm getting 20+ Migrants every season and it's just growing too freakin fast for me. I'm at 74 right now and don't have jobs for more than 15 of them.

Back to questions: Lost my first dwarf along with my 4 war dogs to some Raven Man Corpse. I have a 6-man squad equipped with bronze and iron weapons and they made short work of it once they finally got to my fort's entrance. I felt much safer with 4 wardogs leashed right at the entrance though and now they're gone. So question:

1)Can I capture, tame, and leash-up creatures called "Kangaroo Man"? It's saying animal, I think, in the unit screen. But it's not actually a kangaroo, it's a kangaroo-man. I bought a Giant Dingo from a caravan but he's alone and if 4 wardogs could not kill one undead raven, I doubt the dingo can.

2)Any tips on how to position the restraints to ensure more than 1 wardog will fight if they are attacked? I believe they can only move 1 square from the leash, so the raven came from the side and just fought the dogs 1 at a time. I had them placed like this:

XXXX  <-R

X=leash with a dog
R=Raven

I'll try a square next I guess. Or can I use z-levels somehow?

3)can I just use a "zone" / pasture and put my wardogs in it permanently? will they move and fight and help each other if I do that?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:46 pm »

I don't know about the first two, but you can totally dump your dogs into a pasture. That's what I always do with them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

How can I get lots of high-sided mountains? Thats all I want, is steep mountains, and though it seems like rivers no longer cleanly bisect them, I would also like to know how to make that happen, if possible. I like two-part forts.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62