Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422]

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 849913 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #6315 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:45 pm »

The caverns can attract anything they usually do, as far as I know, so expect forgotten beasts and dangerous wildlife.  Forgotten beasts were actually my main source of interesting and pointlessly deadly Fun for my military in one fort I had that had no goblin neighbors.

I don't think that titans can reach you if they weren't already on the island, nor any other semimegabeast, but I could easily be wrong there.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #6316 on: July 24, 2014, 03:07:22 pm »

I'm stuck on a Calm(all biomes) island and only the Mountainhomes have access to me, what kind of(military) fun can I have?
Dig deeper. If you get a 'praise the miners!' announcement, mine deeper.

Alternatively, use your calm surroundings and lack of enemies to do an architectural megaproject or make an efficient trauma training centre. They're a little like danger rooms, but they smash up your dwarves' wrists and ankles in order to desensitise them to future traumas.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422]