Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: General consensus of Diagnosticians: Merchant pack animals need sleepy pills.  (Read 4119 times)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile

HFS are those animals fast. They pulled the wagon in to my depot faster than I've ever seen anything move before! I couldn't pause before they were 20 tiles away! Surely this can't be intended? I mean, what wagon have you ever seen being pulled at breakneck speed in no sort of emergency? This has to be a glitch. Right? Has anyone else had these crazy merchant animals, or am I alone in that?
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wagons in my file moved about half as fast as the other merchants. Maybe you've encountered a bug?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Caravan speeds appear to be random :C

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Not an emergency? Perhaps the term ambush means nothing to you, but I think they wanna avoid dying.

And besides, they need to be ready to run from dwarves as much as agressors at a moments notice, so high strung critters are perfectly acceptable.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile

Perhaps it depends on the physical attributes of the pack animals?
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best report it as a bug.  I seem to remember this happening occasionaly back before wagons stopped showing up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I've not had a chance to exploit experience exploit wagons yet.  If you're sufficiently popular, will multiple wagons show up?  What can you do with a wagon once you remove it of its pack animals?

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've not had a chance to exploit experience exploit wagons yet.  If you're sufficiently popular, will multiple wagons show up?  What can you do with a wagon once you remove it of its pack animals?

I want wagon meat. Wagon meat mandated. Give me meat.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile

Two wagons showed up when the caravan arrived. Didn't get to do much with them since I was fending off dehydration at the time. Next time, I'll see if the wagons are still speed 0.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I want wagon meat. Wagon meat mandated. Give me meat.

Or give me wagons.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

In my experience, getting 3+ wagons is the norm.  I've seen at least eight in large, prosperous fortresses, at least back in 40d.  I haven't run a fortress in the current version long enough yet.

If you kill a wagon's animals, or otherwise prevent a wagon from leaving the map, the wagon self-destructs and dumps all its contents on the ground.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Does it also drop 3 logs?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There used to be a bug, I seem to remember, where occasionally the merchants would show up with every single trade-able item on one wagon. The unburdened ones would zip to the Depot, and the one unlucky wagon, hauling a veritable mountain of useless junk, would creep at a snail's pace into the fort - sometimes taking months to do so. Also, individual wagon speed might be set randomly. Worth reporting as a bug.

Aye, pretty sure. It's been a year or 3 though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

I don't think they do when 'killed', since movable wagon creatures are treated differently than the wagon building you get when you embark.  The creature raws for wagons suggest that they drop one log on death.  Someone should test this.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

!!Science!! Opportunity!

"Kill" a wagon in a terrifying/evil biome!

See if you can have zombie wagons!
Pages: [1] 2