Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How To fight Necromancers?  (Read 1143 times)

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How To fight Necromancers?
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:20:28 pm »

I just can't find them and i"m on a 2x2 embark, i have walked with my millitary around the campsite and the just will not show themselves!
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: How To fight Necromancers?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:43 pm »

You don't expect the necromancer to just show up and say "Here I am!" do you? :P

Commence mass flooding and animal combing procedure twelve.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

he'll show himself eventually. Just keep an eye out. it took me 3 seasons to find the little fucker who'd been rezzing that kobold thief over and over again, but once i finally did, it was glorious.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Daronaollard

• Escaped Lunatic
  • "Ireland, the only place, it snows in summer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »

If you just wait it out, he will appear, but be ready! DUN DUN DUUN!!

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:43:35 pm »

I think necromancers only appear if you embark within range (something like 10 squares?) of a 'tower', this will show up in the civ screen when you embark, so make sure you see the tower civ and you'll get necros.

If you already have a necromancer but can't seem to find him - as wise poster above me said, wait it out :)
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »

I think there's some confusion in this thread, with some people talking about embarking in range of necromancer towers to get the invasions, and other people (including, i think, the OP) talking about sneaking necromancers being problematic and hard to find.
Magma is overrated.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

You don't expect the necromancer to just show up and say "Here I am!" do you? :P

Commence mass flooding and animal combing procedure twelve.

This.  This is why in my newer forts I have a way to flood the world with magma / massive quantities of water.  Unfortunately, you have to be able to seal your fort liquid tight.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.