Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1246992 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #2505 on: August 06, 2012, 04:29:01 pm »

I guess some guy on Fox News actually had something negative to say about Chic Fil A.  But I guess this guy is already pretty well know for being very liberal.
Jesus Christ in a chicken sandwich, WHY did I start reading the comments section?? D:

And "very liberal" is a relative term here. He doesn't hate gays, and he thinks maybe torture is going too far. This apparently put him on the far left wing of things at FOX. It's not like he's calling for collectivization and free love communes.

I love how some consider that an insult, "very liberal," but when someone says "very conservative" it's a compliment. Goes right to the "hates/doesn't believe in" this country, BS argument. Of course, do it to them and they cry bloody murder....

I just sorta don't get or wanna get why you can't be in the middle without having the right wing people call you left and the left wing people call you right. It's really become subjective to whatever you are in relationship to the person belittling you, anymore, a lot of the time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:29:22 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 06, 2012, 04:41:04 pm »

Everyone thinks they're a centrist.

Unless they don't.

Then they're a commie pinko fascist scum-sucking gay racist bastard!

Or something.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 06, 2012, 04:49:23 pm »

Don't worry Truean, to us Europeans you're all conservatives :P
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

The European far-right does have plenty of supporters, you know.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 06, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

http://www.care2.com/causes/gay-kiss-gets-man-barred-from-partners-bedside.html

So you know that original story about the gay couple being separated where one partner was dying? Since then I've only heard that it's a huge exception, stuff like that pretty much never happens. It was a fluke.

Obviously.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 06, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

Yes, but we call them liberals or idiots, depending on how far right you go.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:41 pm »

Is this a competition to see who's the most liberal? 'Cause I can totally do that. Fear the radical, free love, borderline anarchist, pacifist vegetarian hippie!

What do you have to be afraid of, you might ask? Hugs!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:37:48 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 06, 2012, 05:38:10 pm »

Politics across countries can be kind of weird.

In the US, conservatives are socially quite a ways to the right and economically in favour of free markets, whereas liberals are mostly the opposite. In Canada, conservatives are modestly to the right on social issues at most (and even then, only in places like Alberta and the BC interior) and are somewhat to the right on fiscal issues, making them moderates by American standards (though our corporate tax is notably quite low), though Stephen Harper himself is basically a Statist like Putin. In most of Europe, the "far right" is moderate on fiscal issues but rabidly anti immigration to the point of near explicit racism (see: The Dutch Freedom Party, Marine Le Pen, etc) and possibly somewhat explicitly religious. It's a bit weird, really. In Eastern Europe the right wing is a bit closer to the American standard, and there's even fiscally far-right parties there like the Polish Kongres Nowej Prawicy.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:47 am »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:33:03 am by alway »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2515 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:02 pm »

"Some imperial Chinese officials who admitted to the use of substitute criminals justified its effectiveness. After all, the real criminal was punished by paying out the market value of his crime, while the stand-in’s punishment intimidated other criminals, keeping the overall crime rate low. In other words, a “cap-and-trade” policy for crime."

Wow, now that is capitalism.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

When I was younger I used to believe the US bailing system let people pay instead of go to prison... :-[
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2517 on: August 07, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

"Some imperial Chinese officials who admitted to the use of substitute criminals justified its effectiveness. After all, the real criminal was punished by paying out the market value of his crime, while the stand-in’s punishment intimidated other criminals, keeping the overall crime rate low. In other words, a “cap-and-trade” policy for crime."

"Because your life is worth $31 a day..."

Hospital puts profit over patients
I don't suppose they've ever heard about the Hippocratic oath...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:42:31 pm by Loud Whispers »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 07, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »

When I was younger I used to believe the US bailing system let people pay instead of go to prison... :-[
A lot of people are under the impression that the bail system was essentially a bribe to the police to let you out before trial. The revelation that it is merely to keep you from fleeing and will be returned to you if you show up for trial is a surprisingly widespread one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:28:10 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 759