Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247027 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #3420 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:00 am »

Although she IS a rogue - I've heard them say other classes have damage per second, rogues have deaths per second. ;)

Not really in WoW though, and yeah I think it was put in by the Republicans.

And also... you in opposition to the trans Vagina Monologues for some reason?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: October 05, 2012, 10:24:02 am »

And also... you in opposition to the trans Vagina Monologues for some reason?
Nope. Her support for that lets me overlook her playing the travesty people pretend is a game called WoW.

And not often on a gamer site I could say that and have it be a more popular statement than the opposite.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: October 05, 2012, 10:24:46 am »

Oh, hah, I read that as "or" for some reason.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:07 am »

Palsch, it's not just her article, there are dozens of sources which have the same skewed figures on domestic violence. I'm not saying she's perpetrating it personally, but i believe her article has been colored by a large body of blogs and writings which catergorically state that abuse of males basically never happens at all. None of those sources ever cite credible figures.

http://www.clackamas.us/domesticviolence/myths.html

That ones says if any woman abuses her spouse, it's because he was a horrible person, on top of having horridly skewed data on the number of abusers. They claim 95% of abusers are male, and the majority of the 5% of female abusers are just "getting back" at those evil men.

Nobody would accept that line of logic for a male abuser (that the victim "had it coming").
And that's just the first link i googled.

And if you read further there's a REALLY odd line: Lesbians are at least 15 times more violent than straight girls according to this "fact sheet" !! (gays and lesbian couples are violent 25-33% of the time. even if you assume straight couples are violent 100% of the time, still only about 2% of those would involve a legitimately violent female, since the majority of the 5% were only defending themselves)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:49:43 am by Reelya »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: October 05, 2012, 10:36:50 am »

Attourney managed to drop his joint in court, directly in front of police.

He is forced to resign and his wife (running for city council) has to throw him under the bus;
“I love my husband unconditionally and am very concerned for his health and well-being, and for that of our family," Cantrell said. "I hope that this incident will encourage Jason to seek the professional help,” she added.
... it was one joint. Although I guess carrying a joint into court is a minor sign that you might have a problem, I'm not sure that problem isn't just lack of thought.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: October 05, 2012, 11:59:03 am »

WoW is a fine game. If you don't like it, sure, whatever, but they've got quite a lot of good designers working on it, and it's stayed afloat for 8+ goddamn years. I think it deserves some respect.

Anywho that alone would earn her my vote :)

@attorney guy with joint

Poor guy :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: October 05, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

WoW is a grinding game and has only started getting anything resembling depth due to the more recent expansions, which I understand are vastly improved. I find games like those terrible, but I know that (for some crazy reason) they appeal to others. Much like social games, though, being "popular" isn't enough to be considered good in my book. Zynga has stayed afloat for a while, too.

(And I know there are other games involved within it, but you can't play any of THOSE games unless you play the grinding game first.)

* GlyphGryph shrugs.

But I'm certainly not going to judge someone for their taste in games, anymore than I want people to judge me based on my taste in socks.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: October 05, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would vote for her for this reason alone. When those game censorship bills come around again, she'll have my side.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: October 05, 2012, 01:04:47 pm »

It took me a minute to realize that the WoW thing wasn't a bunch of people posting in the wrong thread.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »

This lady reminds me of Joe, she behaves like she actually has a life outside politics.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: October 05, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »

And besides, anything that takes a bite out of "gaming shame" is a plus in my book too. It's nowhere near as bad as it once was, but it's still far from a socially acceptable hobby like sports.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: October 05, 2012, 01:08:45 pm »

And besides, anything that takes a bite out of "gaming shame" is a plus in my book too. It's nowhere near as bad as it once was, but it's still far from a socially acceptable hobby like sports.

Knowing every combo in tekken is absurd and stupid, knowing every football play is fine.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: October 05, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »

I would vote for her for this reason alone. When those game censorship bills come around again, she'll have my side.
So would I, if I were the type to vote :V

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: October 05, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »

So would I, if I were the type to vote :V

I cant view that picture. Is it gone?
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: October 05, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »

There never was a pic in that post.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 759