Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247544 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #4050 on: November 17, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

Eh... No offence but the way they're saying this stuff is kind of childish, melodramatic, and smug. I think whoever did this stuff really needs to work on their interpersonal skills.

As for whether they were trying to hack stuff, I wouldn't be that surprised if they were, but I haven't really seen solid evidence that that's what was attempted. Also I have to ask, if they do have some kind of evidence backing this up, why haven't they just come forward with it? Seems a bit silly to pull your punches like that.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4051 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:47 am »

Childish melodramatic and smug sounds like anonymous. They are a bunch of malcontents and ner do wells who occasionally think they can get more lulz by trolling the bad and the guilty rather than random people.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/11/16/1837217/website-calls-out-authors-of-racist-anti-obama-posts

Discuss:

"A tumblr blog entitled 'HelloThereRacists' is publicly identifying other online posters who make racist/assassination comments about President Obama. Beyond merely identifying online usernames, the blog's author is uncovering and publishing the real names and locations of offending posters. It's an interesting mess of legal issues. The outed posters are at risk of a Secret Service visit, but the trouble may not end there. The HelloThereRacists blogger himself may have some problems publicly identifying posters, who are frequently underage teenagers."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: November 17, 2012, 02:35:06 pm »

I don't particularly see a problem provided this information is freely available (on facebook or whatever). Now, there's some risks involved if the internet comes down on these people like a ton of bricks, but then it'd be the fault of the harassers, not the HelloThereRacists blogger.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: November 17, 2012, 02:39:30 pm »

In other news, Indian science text-book goes all denialist - on meat eaters. Woohoo for vegetarian propaganda.

http://idle.slashdot.org/story/12/11/16/2246210/indian-school-textbook-says-meat-eaters-lie-and-commit-sex-crimes

"Meat-eaters 'easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes,' according to a controversial school textbook available in India. New Healthway, a book on hygiene and health aimed at 11 and 12 year-olds, is printed by one of India's leading publishers. '
'The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve. He gave them fruits, nuts and vegetables,' reads a chapter entitled Do We Need Flesh Food? The chapter details the 'benefits' of a vegetarian diet and goes on to list 'some of the characteristics' found among non-vegetarians. 'They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes,' it says."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:41:14 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 17, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »

Hey, I never did a sex crime! Or forget a promise for that matter. Technically.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 17, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

Well, vegetarians do all that stuff too :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 17, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »

Hey, I never did a sex crime! Or forget a promise for that matter. Technically.

Does speeding while getting road head count?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 17, 2012, 03:00:18 pm »

Unless you promised not to...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: November 17, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »

The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve.
People really will use that Guy to justify anything.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »

I don't get it. The stigma against meat eaters is from Hinduism, but the justification is from Christianity?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »

If meat wasn't meant to be eaten, explain bacon.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: November 17, 2012, 03:44:02 pm »

If meat wasn't meant to be eaten, explain bacon.

It is pure distilled temptation for sin. It was put on earth by god to test the faith of men.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: November 17, 2012, 03:52:04 pm »

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/11/16/1837217/website-calls-out-authors-of-racist-anti-obama-posts
He should really stop outing underage teenagers.  It's both illegal and pretty wrong (kids generally don't really have fully formed political opinions anyway, and may have inherited them from parents).

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: November 17, 2012, 05:10:17 pm »

And of course they don't mention the part where Jesus said it's ok to eat just about anything and when it's reaffirmed later in the New Testament.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 759