Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244281 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #5280 on: March 27, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »

Why in the wield would any package ever be marked atheist, or ant other religious marking for that matter?

Packages are often marked with the name of the organization sending them. For instance, newegg, amazon or in this particular case Atheist Shoes...

Atheist shoes are useless as they have no sole... [/rimshot]
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

Why in the wield would any package ever be marked atheist, or ant other religious marking for that matter?
MetalSlimeHunt:
-You know how people are, they want everyone to know how important the stuff they're sending is.
-Does it really matter? People are being discriminated against, their reasons why aren't important.
-[Force Persuade] You think this is a great moral outrage.
-Probably the emerging and annoying "Atheist chic" fashion.
-[LIE] The US Postal Service requires that all packages clearly mark the religious beliefs of the sender and receiver.
-[Remain Silent]
-[Attack] Stop asking questions!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Atheist shoes are useless as they have no sole... [/rimshot]

I heard a ghost story from Trinidad and Tobago or somewhere in the carribean about how a man sold his soul to the devil. He gave him the sole of his shoe and the devil got very angry and burned a hand print into it or something and flew into the earth.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: March 27, 2013, 07:10:59 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt:
-You know how people are, they want everyone to know how important the stuff they're sending is.
-Does it really matter? People are being discriminated against, their reasons why aren't important.
-[Force Persuade] You think this is a great moral outrage.
-Probably the emerging and annoying "Atheist chic" fashion.
-[LIE] The US Postal Service requires that all packages clearly mark the religious beliefs of the sender and receiver.
-[Remain Silent]
-[Attack] Stop asking questions!

Minor derail, MSH, but more posts should take the form of dialogue trees. Heck, we should have a whole Forum Games thread devoted to normal conversations that proceed like some kind of Bioware game, where the next person gets to choose the response that continues the conversation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »

... so like a smaller scale addventure*? I could dig it. Probably not participate, but it'd be interesting to watch :P

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: March 28, 2013, 02:15:27 am »

Packages are often marked with the name of the organization sending them. For instance, newegg, amazon or in this particular case Atheist Shoes...

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I didn't read the link, so o didn't know it was in the company name. I thought it was like some thing that when private persons sent, say, a package containing birthday presents, or anything really, they marked it with religion for some reason. With made no sense.

Now I just have too look up what kind of stupid company "Atheist Shoes" is and what makes their shoes so "atheist".
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18:18 am »

Now I just have too look up what kind of stupid company "Atheist Shoes" is and what makes their shoes so "atheist".
Their shes have no soles.  :P

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: March 28, 2013, 02:36:49 am »

Their shes have no soles.  :P

I feel like we've been over this specific point before.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:29 am »

Well, I read up on them and their shoes do look good if extremely unpractical. Seriously, flat undersides? I wouldn't even be able to walk down the dewy hillside after watching the sunrise with a cute hipster girl without falling. Don't you want to be able to to that, hipster, huh, don't you?

Also I would be interested in seeing their sales numbers. It seems like something that's extremely aimed towards an American market and that little "culture war" you have over there. The fact that they actually look very nice in their own right makes it a bit harder to draw any conclusions though, I guess.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:10 am »

Si it's Hipster Atheists Shoes?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: March 28, 2013, 02:53:25 am »

Well, I read up on them and their shoes do look good if extremely unpractical. Seriously, flat undersides? I wouldn't even be able to walk down the dewy hillside after watching the sunrise with a cute hipster girl without falling. Don't you want to be able to to that, hipster, huh, don't you?
They are for wearing around the home. Kind of like slippers... They are actually some what comfortable.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: March 28, 2013, 02:55:20 am »

You got Atheist Shoes MAx White?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:34 am »

You don't wear shoes inside. That's ridiculous.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: March 28, 2013, 03:09:39 am »

Depends on the country scriver. My place got really cold floor, and we don't all have slippers.

Plus, you can decide to use hsoes a sslippers.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: March 28, 2013, 03:09:41 am »

You don't wear shoes inside. That's ridiculous.

I do!

But then I've never in my entire life lived in a home without small children.  They have a tendency to leave messes or pointy objects about.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 759