Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1246931 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #7455 on: August 15, 2013, 10:09:09 am »

I propose mass rainbow-flag bearing among spectators. You know, rip open your shirt like superman to reveal gay pride shirts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: August 15, 2013, 10:35:08 am »

Homoerotic Hulk Hogan is running wild, brother!
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7457 on: August 15, 2013, 10:59:38 am »

The shit going on in Russia at the moment is really irritating me. I've been rather misanthropic lately, and signs of humanity appearing in all of the bile are so very pleasing to see. I hate the "well our laws" argument because it's a human rights issue, which means fuck your laws. Human rights, your rights stop at the point they get in the way of others. You have no right to call for the harming of another, none. And yes, we will decry those who think they do. And we will be right to do so.

The fact that his suffering ended left him with more dignity I believe - I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to just expire like that over time, waiting, sweating, writhing.

I grant the latter would be worse than the former. I do support the right to choose to die, I just dislike the idea of "dying with dignity". What I believe to be a better way to view it is as stopping yourself from having to live without dignity. The end, those last few moments on this earth, are always without dignity. Doesn't mean you should have to live without dignity.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:05:27 am by MorleyDev »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: August 15, 2013, 04:22:51 pm »

That was reported days ago, so your count is off. They've been tearing them apart for quite a while.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »

We should boycott the Olympics.  Not because of Russia, but because the IOC is a terrible organization that deserves to fade into irrelevance.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: August 15, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

I've never even watched the Olympics or supported it financially in any way. I am of a more pure boycott than all of you![/gawdgetonmylevel]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: August 15, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »

I tend to miss the Olympics entirely. Shit like this reminds me it exists.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: August 15, 2013, 04:31:09 pm »

All the fuzz over boycotting the Winter Olympics in Sochi reminds me of the threats to boycott the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing because of the Tibet independence campaign and general human rights violations.
Not a single Olympic team boycotted the Games. Furthermore, Georgian Olympic team didn't dare to stage anti-Russian protests in response to the war in South Ossetia, fearing possible disqualification.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: August 15, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

can we please not discuss how an organization that doesn't bend over backwards in full disregard of the regulations that have been there since the cold war became a thing (unless i am mistaken that's the time this one was added, as to not turn the olympics into a bloc vs bloc thing, they ended up being boycotted by people anyway) and how utterly horrible it is for that and how it should go die in a fire while there's a plethora of human rights abuses that have occurred while the olympics were not hosted in russia and that's more of a reason why it should be disliked? sure let's turn a blind eye to what was said in the previous discussion we already had on this (and my post was conveniently not replied to, but i don't hold it against someone to just stop talking when i'm starting a ~srs discuzzion~) but suffice to say the last three ones were bad on that front if not outright horrible but hey we had nice cgi and ridiculous mascots

All the fuzz over boycotting the Winter Olympics in Sochi reminds me of the threats to boycott the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing because of the Tibet independence campaign and general human rights violations.
Not a single Olympic team boycotted the Games. Furthermore, Georgian Olympic team didn't dare to stage anti-Russian protests in response to the war in South Ossetia, fearing possible disqualification.

also this

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: August 15, 2013, 04:40:06 pm »

I loathe the Olympics and the IOC for the way that they've managed to turn competitions that were once about individuals into this... outlet for nationalism, really. Of the questionable sort. The Olympics in London were politicised to the Nth degree.

You may be surprised but I would rather Scotland did not have its own Olympic team. I would rather no country did, that it was about individual sportsmen and their abilities like it was in ancient times.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:41:37 pm by Owlbread »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: August 15, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »

@LordSlowpoke -
Your post was "conveniently not responded to" because it involved saying Jews should have just moved out of Europe when nobody liked them, and everyone was too much in pain from the resounding facepalment upon reading it that they could bother with it.

Also your posts are unstructured and run-on and it's hard to make sense if what point you're even trying to make.
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49:15 pm »

LordSlowpoke - the Olympics are pretty much an outright negative influence on the world, and we'd be better off without them. Their sole purpose is to advertise to as many people as possible while paying people as little as possible and acting as parasites on the countries they land in. Anything that opens more people's eyes to their bullshit is a good thing - I don't care how long they've had the regulations on the books.

Their primary motivation is, has been, and will continue to be "make as much money as possible, everything else be damned" and that's pretty much it.

Also you're words are kinda painful to read - you should consider not making your entire post a poorly punctuated capitalization resistent run on sentence.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »

@LordSlowpoke -
Your post was "conveniently not responded to" because it involved saying Jews should have just moved out of Europe when nobody liked them, and everyone was too much in pain from the resounding facepalment upon reading it that they could bother with it.

Also your posts are unstructured and run-on and it's hard to make sense if what point you're even trying to make.

sir

there was even an abbreviation included in the post you're responding to. it should have sated your sarcasmometer by all means. i have no idea what else should i have added.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 759