Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247398 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #7605 on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »

P.S. Fuck everybody suggesting this was some kind of conspiracy on the media's part.
It's not a conspiracy when it's well known how owned American media is and how united it is in its goal of perpetuating destructive identity politics over ethical concern. Sort of like how the entire American media machine started saturating its headlines with Russia gayness, or lack thereof, whilst similarly ignoring PRISM.
And yeah as you said, the American media also hates Bradley, or I guess Chelsea if this is true.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They got him to apologize for everything in court despite having nothing more to lose, and 'admit' he was wrong and that he hurt lots of people. It's saddening to say the least, can we please not forget what he has done, why he did it even in lieu of this coming? Man or woman, this should be of no concern.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: August 22, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »

So long as we think critically about all involved. However, yes, i expect his sentence wont hold up.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: August 22, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »

Loud Whispers, I agree with you completely but this is the one occasion in which most of this stuff has actually come from the defence of Manning and is genuine, not from the prosecution or the media. The whole "Chelsea Manning" thing is true.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

P.S. Fuck everybody suggesting this was some kind of conspiracy on the media's part.
It's not a conspiracy when it's well known how owned American media is and how united it is in its goal of perpetuating destructive identity politics over ethical concern. Sort of like how the entire American media machine started saturating its headlines with Russia gayness, or lack thereof, whilst similarly ignoring PRISM.
And yeah as you said, the American media also hates Bradley, or I guess Chelsea if this is true.
Meanwhile, I have barely been able to find anything on Russia and the anti-gay laws, while I have been positively flooded with stuff on everything ever on the NSA. Maybe your American Media is different then mine... I blame Google. Not being sarcastic, it probably is the way they filter results by location.

Putting it here because why not: One of my friends is a relatively famous Forensic Psychologist, and a Canadian TV show was interviewing him on ex-Pfc. Manning, and he hadn't heard about the recent news. So they start off with asking him "What impact will Manning coming out as a Women, here's her picture here, on the possibility of a Pardon, and how might it affect parole?" and he had literally seconds to answer. He covered pretty well, but it was damned funny seeing him attempting to get off to a coherent start going "Well, uh, I don't believe it will have any impact, in relation to Obama, that is to say, on a Pardon, but, I definitely see her as having a chance for Parole, etc."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: August 22, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

Whether it's true or not  doesn't really make the situation better or worse, just weirder and something more gossipy. It just seems like a desperate grasp for straws from whoever released the info.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: August 23, 2013, 02:09:28 am »

Or just the media knowing they'd get rating because people like gossips more than analysis.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: August 23, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »

In international news, Chinese political rising star and known Maoist traditionalist Bo "She-Lie" Xilai has called his wife mad and a liar during his trial for corruption in which she testified against him. His wife poisoned a British businessman that was close to the family over a money dispute, and is now attempting to bring down her husband after he tried to cover it up.

Bo Xilai is quite an interesting man. He's known for encouraging people to join him in singing old revolutionary songs and the like.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: August 24, 2013, 07:35:38 am »

Yeah, the Economist has been covering this a lot. It mostly seems like a power struggle at the top between "princelings", sons of Mao's comrades-in-arms. Bo still got a lot of support around the party, so he'll probably avoid the death penalty, but be lacked for at least the 10 years Xi Yinping is supposed to serve.

On another note, in case anyone had any doubt about Israel apartheid tendencies, they've now started segregated kindergarten for
 non-Jews black children in southern Tel Aviv.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: August 24, 2013, 10:12:38 am »

Bo Xilai is quite an interesting man. He's known for encouraging people to join him in singing old revolutionary songs and the like.

Come on. Guess.
Reading a thinner book

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: August 24, 2013, 10:53:03 am »

What do you mean?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: August 24, 2013, 11:03:56 am »

Name one board where that statement wouldn't prompt further comment.
Reading a thinner book

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: August 24, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

This one?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

Reading a thinner book

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: August 24, 2013, 11:19:27 am »

I don't get it either. What is he supposed to guess? There was no question in what you quoted.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:16 am »

The guess being that making that statement is going to lead to questioning. What other purpose will i quote him on that for?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:33:15 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 759