Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are Mark Reid! Chapter 1: The Facility  (Read 18212 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Future RPG : Chapter one : The facility
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »

"Well the other two profiles are useless. We already know about ourselves." Mark heads back to the lift and rides it to lobby level.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:49 pm »

"Well the other two profiles are useless. We already know about ourselves." Mark heads back to the lift and rides it to lobby level.

Still being a bit confused you return to the elevator, "Bob , Lobby level." "Right on it subject 24". Ping! You walk out of the elevator and look around, it's looks like a normal lobby room with a big round reception in the middle and a lot of hardware is on it. It would have been normal if there weren't so much.... Bones lying around everywhere. You feel alarmed as the corpse in the cell was only decomposing and not a skeleton.
Carefully you get out of the lift and start looking for clues about anything. The room is lighted by red lamps that are going on and off, "Hmm, the emergency lockdown.". You see all kind of text scribbled on the walls, from help messages to testaments. While searching further you find a corpse lying on the wall with a gun in his hand and a crack trough his skull. "Whatever happended here it was too horrible to stand, suicide.... the final attempt to be free.
You pick up the gun and recognize it, it's a standard Hetron Industries 14mm AA pistol. This gun is pretty much designed to blow a hole trough anything that isn't heavy armored. Unfortunatly there are only 5 bullets left in the mag, "I hope i won't have to use this much". You hear some rumbling noise coming from one of the corridors in the back, whatever it is it isn't alerted yet by your presence. What now?

You gained 14mm AA hetron gun (+6 damage against unarmored targets, -4 armor damage to armored targets)!
You gained 5 x 14mm bullets!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote from: Mark Reid
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Memories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

P.S yeah i also believe so, but what i find disappointing that there are not much people interested in this. Cause maybe it's not the usual wasteland/zombies/suggestion game, but it doesn't matter. Btw. Do you like it so far? Is there anything i could improve? Please say so, so i can improve and hopefully make this more attractive.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:08 pm »

Chamber a round and raise your pistol toward the noise. Begin to make your way in that direction, keeping as hidden and silent as you can. Try and see whatever it is before it sees you.

I like it so far. It reminds me of a mixture between bioshock and fallout. I'm not sure why it isn't gaining popularity.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »

Chamber a round and raise your pistol toward the noise. Begin to make your way in that direction, keeping as hidden and silent as you can. Try and see whatever it is before it sees you.

I like it so far. It reminds me of a mixture between bioshock and fallout. I'm not sure why it isn't gaining popularity.

Your training kicks in while you raise your pistol towards the direction the sound came from, slowly you move towards the corridor the sound came from. You take stance around the corner for cover, you take a quick look and the corridor bends a bit further. You can see a vague shadow because of the red light and apparently whatever it is, it's eating something...

Funny.. Now that you think about eating. You have no hunger at all since you woke up, it seems logical that you would be starving or very hungry by now... But i'l think about it later.

Slowly you make your way towards the next corner while focusing on your surroundings, again you do the same manouvre but this you get a clear view of the creature. It appears to be something that once resembled a human child... It's disformed and no eyes are present, it has a kind of posture of a monkey with claws....and it's chewing on what appears to be a human bone. Disturbed you slowly take aim and prepare to fire at the abomination, just as you want to pull the trigger a hand out of nowhere reaches out and pulls the gun gently down.
The person is masked and little of him is visible behind his mask and cloth cover, "I Wouldn't do that if i were you, it's just a cub but it will alert the others. I'd follow if i were you". You're not sure if this is safe or not but it's the only contact you had so far.
What now?

Nothing has been gained!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 03:22:01 pm »

Turn to get a look at the guy who spoke.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 03:41:40 pm »

This and follow him.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »

This and follow him.

Curious as you are you follow the person and try to get a glimpse of whatever is under the mask and clothing, the stranger notices this "Il show you myself soon, but i can't take off my cover or they will smell me.".
The stranger gets into the elevator and speaks "Authorization code: Alpha, Xenon , Zero, four , three ,nine", Bob speaks "Authorization code accepted: Warehouse floor chosen". However this time it takes a whopping 36 seconds to reach the floor, this must be one big place.

The elevator door opens and you both walk out, you stop near a gate of some sort "Wait here". The guards of the gate ready their arms and speak loudly :"Identify yourselves! Or we will shoot!", the stranger takes off her mask and hood.
It's a woman! "It's me Ratpack, you probally should know how i dress when i go out by now." they calm down "You'll never know when they might have killed you and disguised them as you and who's the guy behind you? A prisoner?." The woman looks at you for a while "Actually no, i found him at the lobby floor. Fool wanted to shoot a Crawler cub, he would be dead by now if it weren't for me. Strangely he doesn't wear any kind of mark that indicates from which clan he comes from." The guard looks surprised "Take him to the council, they'll want to see him."

The woman returns to you, she has light brown hair, greenish eyes and quite a pretty face "Come follow me, stranger". The gate opens and you walk in, the door closes itself and you can hear a loud noise as it closes. That must be one heavy door! May i know the name of the woman that apparently saved me? "Yes of course, my name is Rebecca" "Pretty name, for a person like u" she looks at you "Don't try to flirt with me, I'm hard to get". Yep.. I believe so.
You are nearing the end of a long corridor and in the distance you see bright light, the closer you get the more you realize what it is.

The moment you exit the corridor you are overwhelmed by what you see, a big city made out of scrap parts. The big ceiling lights light the whole area at the bottom of the room, you can hear the noise of a city. The noise of people trading, fighting and socializing. It also has a specific city smell without all the gas fumes though. You start wondering how long it must've have taken to build this place as it appears to be massive! You both hop into what seems to be a cart system build as a transport system, pretty comparable to a metro system if you ask me. After some squeking the carts move and you're on your way towards the council, as you near the council you see that there is more effort put in the council building than other buildings.

After a while you arrive at the council building and make your way with Rebecca to the council itself. There are a lot of guards around here and they seem to be better equipped than the gate guards, they also look very disciplined and terrifying compared to that chubby gatekeeper. Rebecca stops at a big door "Go inside, they called for you not me. I cannot help you any further now, but i will stay here after you're done in there." "Wish me luck..." You enter the council room, the room is very dark with a multi pipe lamps shining in the middle of the room with a chair in the center. Their benches are high and they all wear hoods and dark clothing, you can barely see their faces. A deep voice says "Please take a seat. I'm sure that you have questions but please introduce yourself and ask questions later". What now?

Conversation mode iniated!
Spoiler: Conversation Mode (click to show/hide)

You have discovered a new location!
You have met Rebecca and Ratpack!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

"My name is Mark, where am I?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:20 am »

"My name is Mark, where am I?"

"Mark, you're in the survivor city. A city which we created over the past few years to let daily life thrive in here, a place where one is protected from the horrors of the facility. A safe haven for any and all people which are willing to join us", a female voice "Enough about that, But tell us mark from where do you come from? What clan were you born in? What brings u here?"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 01:53:04 am »

"Clan? I don't..." Mark looks back momentarily "Nothing brings me here except for Rebecca, I guess. I don't really understand what's going on. I just woke up in this white place and took the lift and now I'm here. Can you explain any of this for me?"

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »

"Clan? I don't..." Mark looks back momentarily "Nothing brings me here except for Rebecca, I guess. I don't really understand what's going on. I just woke up in this white place and took the lift and now I'm here. Can you explain any of this for me?"

"What is this white place you mean and are you mocking us for not knowing about the clans?!?" a womanly voice "SILENCE... He may be a member of the lost clans, very well i will explain shortly what clans are and what the marks are."
She inhales a deep breath "When Great lock down happened the remaining people that were in the facility teamed up, they tried to work together but not everyone agreed with each other. Some believed the way to survival was with cybernetics they have a republic government system, one group believed we should reject technology they have a hierarchy system and proposed for a nature only approach or as far as it is possible in here and finally one group believed this is the punishment of god they are ruled by a military chain of command and are generally really fanatic about purging the facility.
So they split up and set up their towns in different places inside the facility, for the last few decades both the young and old ones of those clans created their own marks. They’re like tattoos but they represent that they are members of those clans, and from what we know you don’t have one for unusual reasons. Getting a mark is a commitment to the clan, and it gives you all kind of discounts in the cities. So choose wisely… Oh and some clans are at war with each other but it’s enough for now.. , please leave now as we have to discuss important matters".

You leave the room and there is Rebecca! "Il bring you to the market square and we'll part our ways then" seems fair...

You arrive at the market square, Rebecca explains where some of the shops are and where you can find contracts to complete. She then turns around "Maybe we'll see each other sometime soon." What now?

You gained knowledge!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:34:33 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 06:01:09 pm »

Go to the gun shop and meet the shop keep there. Who knows, we may get some more !!KNOWLEDGE!!
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 01:03:07 pm »

Go to the gun shop and meet the shop keep there. Who knows, we may get some more !!KNOWLEDGE!!

You start making your way towards the weapon shop with the instructions Rebecca gave you. While walking you look around and try to remember anything at all. "Hmmm, i haven't visited a city in ages. This brings back some good and bad memories." Quickly you arrive at the gunsmith. You start looking around and the smith quickly sees you and starts talking. The smith is quite fat but really muscled, i wouldn't want to fight with him. "What can do for you? Searching for anything in particular?". Trade mode!

Trade mode initiated!
Spoiler:  Trade mode (click to show/hide)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 02:09:05 pm »

Show him the gun and ask if theres anything we need to know about it.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 12:07:17 pm »

Show him the gun and ask if theres anything we need to know about it.

You show him the gun "Is there anything worthwhile to know about it?" the gunsmith looks carefully, and reloads it once trough the backside of the gun, hes rather surprised after having done that. He also looks at one bullet that he got out of the mag, "Ah a Hetron gun, these bad boys are very powerful indeed. However looking at the bullet size it looks like this gun has a higher chance of jamming and quite a huge recoil. I have no idea where you got this but i frankly don't care, I'm willing to offer 250 UMC (Underground monetary Currency) for it 270 if you add the remaining 5 bullets you have with it. So do we have a deal?" The guy looks seriously at you, it seems he isn't trying to scam you. What now?

You gained Knowledge!

I won't let this die yet!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4