Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 781620 times)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2013, 01:02:16 pm »

Chapter 1: From the mud he came...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 26, 2013, 01:31:28 am »

Demigod? Thought the rules stated Peasant/Hero only?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 26, 2013, 04:08:34 am »

Really? Fuck! I have played quite some way trough, so that is a bit of a problem. I picked it so I could get musicality as high as possible, I went with peasant first but it had far from enough points, so I just went with demigod, I did not think much about it. Hell, I did not even know what to do with the leftover points so I sort of just threw it in agility since that seemed appropriate to the character.

I think maybe with all the points I spent on musicality the stats even out tough. Shorta. Maybe.

Shit, my bad. Been so long I halfway forgot about the rules, should have read up about them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:04:56 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 26, 2013, 01:19:04 pm »

Hmmm. If you got quite far already, starting over would be harsh as it was not intentional. Also, only limited time would be available for the rest of your turn, and the adventurers of this character would be lost even if they did happen. Being a demigod however does give advantages other players have not, and would be unfair.

How about you go to the nearest village, locate the nearest peasant, and bodyswap with him using dfhack. He could continue the quest from where the demigod stopped, the story would continue, and would remove the unfair advantage for the rest of the game. Drop any you'll need before bodyswapping so the new character can take them (but not that unfairly gained full steel set of armor)
I'm open to other suggestions too, like giving the character a handicap, like "you can only use musical instruments as weapons" or something.. 
Or we could continue without any restrictions if people agree on that.

I would in any case like to stick to the rules for future turns and keep the game fair for all players. 

As for how to bodyswap, from a discussion earlier in this thread about dfhack:

Point the cursor at whoever it is you want to control and type:
adv-bodyswap force
adv-bodyswap force permanent
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:43:10 pm by Bralbaard »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

Ah, I would like not having to bodyswap, as I have already built a bit of a character around him (although, maybe if I found a suitable elf somewhere with high musicality and swapped places without saying anything, as if I always was this dude?). But its funny you should mention only using music instruments...

Anyway, how long do I have left? If I have to bodyswap, I need some extra time retraining my adventurer.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »

Ah, I would like not having to bodyswap, as I have already built a bit of a character around him (although, maybe if I found a suitable elf somewhere with high musicality and swapped places without saying anything, as if I always was this dude?). But its funny you should mention only using music instruments...

Anyway, how long do I have left? If I have to bodyswap, I need some extra time retraining my adventurer.

Well I guess you can continue. there are other ways (freely available at the museum) that can cause players to become really powerful really fast, so this should not be a big issue.

For future players, the rules of only peasants/heroes will still apply.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 29, 2013, 03:47:28 am »

The turn limit is one week. You can post the save, and post story updates later.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 02, 2013, 09:56:37 am »

So, do you have anything new to report, hostergaard?
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:40 pm »

I keep thinking "I should sign up for another turn of the museum"

Then I think man that new update would make the museum so much better with elven retreats, goblin towers/subterranean towers and the mountain homes.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 04, 2013, 03:51:41 am »

Why choose either/or?  Why not both?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 04, 2013, 10:10:31 am »

Read through the whole topic the last couple of weeks, truly awesome read; thanks. Can I sign up for a turn as well?

Thanks again, and looking forward to Hostergaard's story! :)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 04, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »

I've had a pm from Hostergaard, we'll likely have the save game soon. I'll update the turn list tomorrow, need to get some sleep.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 05, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

Right, I am done with my turn, just need to upload it. Thing is, I am visiting my parents and the internet here is sloooooooww. So it may take some time to upload it.

Will write update soon too. Lots of fun to report.

Edit: Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9ksld376suxinn/yo_eGEIdBU
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:32:24 am by hostergaard »

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 06, 2013, 04:15:48 pm »

K, I will start my turn tomorow. I just got out of a long bath after 10 hours of LARP-ing in full military outfit, about 35 degrees IN SHADOW... I barely can force myself to write this.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 07, 2013, 09:32:52 pm »

So I know that earlier I entirely flaked out of taking my turn. This is because I was busy with RL things, and 2. I thought my turn was much further away. I've just finished reading through the whole thread over again, and would like to request a spot, if that's okay.
Hello. Have a nice day.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 162