Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: {[COMMUNITY SUCCESION FORT]} Litastcog-Torchboots 34.05  (Read 8623 times)

ZestDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Come Learn Dwarf Fortress!
Re: {[COMMUNITY SUCCESION FORT]} Litastcog-Torchboots 34.05
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »

Here is the fort! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5933

good luck!
Come learn the game, or share your favorite DF stories with me on my twitch channel! https://www.twitch.tv/bluezesttv

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »

I assume I am taking over.

Im gonna use a seperate dwarf as leader. Corai getting it twice is boring.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »

-Offical Report #1 of James, Overseer and Militia Commander of Torchboots-

Today I was informed that I was to be the Overseer, and seeing as how freaking confusing this place is, thats not a good thing. First of all, I saw we had no broker. I reassigned the orginal boss, Corai, to it.

Then I decided to check out the admanite veins. Apparently We had only mined one layer of it, I ordered another later dug.

I also saw that we had a giant stockpile of food, but less than half filled. I dont know what to do with that. I also heard of a vampire we coraled. I spoke to him, and apparently he has checked out a bed lately, and since they only know how they like it if they sleep, hes obivously not a vampire. He also slain a Night Troll, further proof of innocence. I order the wall broken down.

(I checked, I also nick named, hes clear)

When I asked a mason to free him, he demolished it himself. Strange fellow, innocent but strange. I later ordered a room carved out for me and the artifact Bed to be placed in it.

The admanite is unmineable due to lava, damnit. But our soldiers are masterful already. I order a kennel to be created for war dogs.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 09:11:54 pm »

-Offical Report #2 of James, Overseer and Militia Commander of Torchboots-

Soon after I finished the kennel, the chef came up and informed me that theres no food, I slap him and send him off to stop wasting food on lavish and fine meals. I then order a dwarf to start on a siege workshop. I AGAIN got bugged, this time by Coraiunki about the 30 thrones ordered, I tell him I dont give a goblin's ass and tell him to go back to counting pebbles, he squirms off to his little tower later. For a "mighty" and tough bossman, hes pretty pathetic.

Then I realize something, we have a trader? Why isnt he the broker? I reasign him to the broker job and write down the fortress information.

I also realize were making coffins, Coffins are for the weak. If a good ole' hole in the ground aint good enough, you dont deserve one. I also checked the justice system, and noticed that the likely criminals are...a bunch of animals and beasts? Ill never understand the peasent's mind. I also noticed a huge amount of sparrow people, I and the military set out to kill them. I also assign dogs to soldiers. Migrants later arrive. I draft ALL of them into our patheticly sized army. I also form a Marksdwarf team. I then order all adamanite formed into wafers for weapons and armor.

I then notice we have no food, no drink, NOTHING. The previous overseer was obviously a idiot, as even during Corai's reign it wasnt that bad. I cannot do anything about it however.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:15:39 pm by Corai »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »

You know, I do think we should embark elsewhere, the desert has become uninteresting.

ZestDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Come Learn Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:03 am »

there was plenty of food and booze when i left :P its obvious all the booze was sucked up by the dwarves when you started, the brewer must have ran out of pots, i had him on auto repeat.
Also i nicknamed the vampire and it didn't stick, he had the "weak" trait, he had massive social skills, and about 100 affiliations with other forts. I'm pretty sure hes a vampy. that and he didn't get hungry when i left him down there all winter.
The thrones were being made for the massive dining hall, just something for the masons to do since we dont have them doing anything else.
And the coffins prevent ghosts, which can be tantrum spiral starters.
also, don't mine the addy, it is one layer above a hell pipe. I thought i left a note for you in dig designations next to it.

and Eh, idk, i dont think i have the energy to do another community post for a while. it took me a good 8 hours to do my turn and chronicle it. i especially dont feel like doing another for a while since this one got scrubbed so fast, lol, all that work for nill. Ah well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:11:20 am by ZestDwarf »
Come learn the game, or share your favorite DF stories with me on my twitch channel! https://www.twitch.tv/bluezesttv

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »

Im trying to end this fort. And it was 2, I channeled with you (almost got you melted) and no demons.

The "vampire" must had simply be a former soldier or adventurer, giving him super endurance. Plus, adventurers join civs if they become honored, he simply killed a reeeeally mean troll. And he admired a bed, you gotta sleep to get a bed thought.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »

-Offical Report #3 of James, Overseer and Militia Commander of Torchboots-

Everything is going wrong, it must be this adamanite, before we found it all was good, but now...everyone is dieing, the food and booze are gone instantly. What is happening I do not know but I cannot understand.

I realised what must be done, I must dig deeper into the adamanite while the army is strong, and vanquish the beasts in hell. There deaths would save thousands. Meanwhile, the civilians are going insane.

Today is a sad day, former overseer Zestdwarf has died.

A thousand tears will be shed for this overseer's death. I cant take this anymore. Everyone! Get out! Flee! Flee!

Your fortress has been abandoned...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]