Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831029 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12600 on: March 08, 2013, 03:02:54 am »

((I disagree about bicycles, but fine. To point in pursuing the idea when I'm not on the ship anyway.

And I've got everything I got before and now in my inventory spoiler. No need to search back for anything.))
Vichislav's inventory of crap:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the barracks and offload my inventory except for weapons, tablet, and anything digital. I will post what I am taking with me when we head out. After that, check out the Kitchen, Barracks, and the Lab. Does the building have atmosphere inside? Is anything locked or inacessible?

Vich smiled as he settled in. The things could not be better. A death row convicts who were completely autonomous?  Investigating the world's mysteries? And even the brutaly of the HMRC and it's death rate were probably exaggerated. Nobody tried to attack him yet or inlist him in some gang. That was not completely surprising, but it raised his spirits nevertheless. New life, isn't it? Greetings.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:27:44 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: March 08, 2013, 03:33:08 am »

Lukas simulates taking a deep breath of air. "Aaah, it's just like holidays. I'll go check out the barracks"

Go check out barracks. Claim locker if there is a free one and put in massive weaponry.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: March 08, 2013, 05:05:38 am »

"Alright, I'm on it. I have a feeling that I'm going to be quite familiar with the garage in the near future... I'll check on the AI core and the life support when I'm done, so nobody break anything in the meantime, ok?"

Head into the garage and check over everything. Take note of all the vehicles, machinery and how much fuel we have as well as what spare parts we got on hand. Then head to the AI core to see that it's working properly, and then to the life support room to have a look at the machinery.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: March 08, 2013, 06:37:01 am »

Can do, Miyamoto. Something tells me I'll be in there most of the time, much like Bishop and the garage. I'll head over to the AI core and life support when I'm done in there to give you a hand, if you want, Bishop.

Go to the lab and make a note of all of the equipment and supplies therein, then head to the AI Core and check it over with Bishop.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:50:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12604 on: March 08, 2013, 06:41:24 am »

Name: Flint Westwood / Competent Miner - Garage

Start exploring the base for anything dangerous or anything left over by its previous occupants. If I can't do the entire base in one turn, start with rooms that don't have any people in them. If all rooms have people in them, start with the nearest rooms that have not been thoroughly explored.

"You heard the boss, start looking around. We need to do some housecleaning before we settle in our new home." Alone, with limited supplies, exploring a hostile and alien world. Just like the great explorers of the past...

((EDIT: Also, here's some "exploring an abandoned futuristic/alien military base" music. At least that's what I see in my head whenever I hear it. Also, bonus for HAL9000's voice test while it's being reactivated in the music. What with all the rogue AI talk going on.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:15:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:57 am »

Assist Anton with checking inventory of the outpost
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:36 am »

Lars prostrated himself.  "Praise you, Steve, for allowing us to undertake this mission for you!  May we be in Pathmas's favor in whatever we do!"

With that, he stood up and headed for the garage.  If these vehicles were the tools to complete this exercise, then here was the greatest need for divine assistance.

Head to the garage.  Place the White Circle of Algis on the hood/front-facing equivalent on each vehicle.  Place the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the control panel of each.  Place the Gear of Fal on the controls.

"O Algis, may you watch over these vehicles as we seek to carry out the Will of Steve.  O Cog-azaon, may you grant the drivers of each understanding and knowledge of their controls.  Praise Fal for granting us skill."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

Go to Garage and get in a jet bike after asking miyamoto permission to use it for exploration.
Go to CCR instead.

To miyamoto over radio:"This is Hansan, asking permission to use a jet bike to explore surroundi-never mind.."

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:50:20 am by Tavik Toth »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12608 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:13 am »

Previous|Next

To miyamoto over radio:"This is Hansan, asking permission to use a jet bike to explore surrounding area."
"It is my opinion, and I think Miyamoto will agree, that this planetoid is far too dangerous to explore, especially alone and uninformed as you are right now. That crater you saw out there? That's a gravity seep, fall in and you're crushed. And who knows what other kind of anomaly is out there? So I suggest we first explore the base and make sure it's safe, then boot up the AI, ask it for information, organize ourselves in squads, send out mapping drones and THEN explore as carefully as possible."

((Also, here are my notes on the mission, if anybody finds them interesting and/or worth copying. Also, point out any mistakes I have please.))

((EDIT:@PyroDesu: Ahh, yes, I forgot you got those MK3 pods. Editing now. Done. Better now?
EDIT2:@Thearpox: Huh. And all this time I've been reading Therapox. I even called you Therapox once before in the On Ship thread... Guess my observation skills are not the best. Also, I didn't think diplomacy was an important skill for this mission, but who knows? Maybe you can convince some idiot via speech roll to NOT jump in the crater just to see what it's like. Adding it now. Done.
EDIT3:@SeanMirrsen: Well, I remembered it was either AUX or HAN but I  didn't remember which. Also, AUX is for driving, using cutting torches and repairing/using computers/electronics and HAN is for repairing anything else and augmenting/jurry-rigging I think. Not sure.))

Spoiler: --- Team status --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Team Info --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Base Map --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Sector map --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Useful links --- (click to show/hide)

((If you have any suggestions/comments/corrections, please PM those to me.))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:02:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: March 08, 2013, 11:49:38 am »

"Hold your robohorses buddy, I got to check over all the vehicles first. They've been here for some time now, so I want to make sure they are all in good condition before we turn one on, lest it explode with us inside or something.

And yeah, feel free to check the AI and whatnot with me Simus. Gotta make sure that shit is running properly."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »

((Simus should be labeled as: Simus Ferratum-Inanis   [PyroDesu]   **   AC   RF))

Flint and Bishop have a point, Jack. Let's play this safe and at least make sure we have an operable base before charging off into the unknown.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: March 08, 2013, 12:14:15 pm »

((1: It's Thearpox, not Therapox.
2: I'd like to be listed as a Diplomat in addition to Physimancer. Probably won't be useful this mission, but that's what I am focused in.))

"I'd recommend not activating the AI yet, people trying to do it. I think we should explore the base first, and find out it's secrets. That way we'll know more about it, in case the AI decides that there are some things that should be secret to us. And I don't think we should unleash something like that before we know the layout of the place. Not that I don't trust the AI, but well... I'd prefer it to not pull any tricks on us."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: March 08, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »

Over comms:

"Chernozorov here. Supporting the notion not to turn the AI on just yet. Secrets or no secrets, I would prefer the AI core to be checked over for prior tampering, and the base surveyed before that. Whatever Steve may have said, and even with how dangerous these APs can be, whole mission teams shouldn't just disappear inside a single anomaly."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: March 08, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »

"Ahh. Reminds me of home. Time to mark stuff."

Dig up some small rocks, and use them to mark the gravity wells. Detect the gravity wells by tossing rocks around, and looking for them to fall differently.

((Awww yeh. Been playing STALKER to prepare for this. Please no lab levels.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: March 08, 2013, 12:31:17 pm »

We're not activating it yet, we are checking it over first. We're going to make sure that it functions properly before actually turning the thing on. it and the Life Support, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1256