Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432822 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1065 on: April 11, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »

Pitiful "compassion" and "restraint" would be removed, as they are the obstacles of ambition.

A very human concept, wouldn't you think?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2012, 11:02:36 pm »

Pitiful "compassion" and "restraint" would be removed, as they are the obstacles of ambition.

We must have those, atleast kodkod, as without the little restaint she has, we would all die, horribly, and without compassion, we wont help one another, letting her pick us off one by one.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2012, 11:02:57 pm »

After much modding to get rid of mods... I have finished another couple months. The elves have met their fate, and we have captured a single kobold thief... Corai.
...among many other more terrible things.
It's a bit late tonight... but I'll start writing tomorrow morning.

Also, given the size of today's particle accelerators... it'd be impossible as a weapon... but if we could manage it... :o   we would be absolutely unstoppable. Especially if we could make them one-person weapons.

But yeah, realistically, dwarfworld would be doomed. DF can't quite simulate exactly how it would be, as far as technology goes, but if it could, the goblins wouldn't stand a chance. Nor would the elves, for that matter... and i'm sure we could come up with plenty of wood-based weapons to mock them with.

Wouldn't you like to be a robot, too?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »

After much modding to get rid of mods... I have finished another couple months. The elves have met their fate, and we have captured a single kobold thief... Corai.
...among many other more terrible things.
It's a bit late tonight... but I'll start writing tomorrow morning.

Also, given the size of today's particle accelerators... it'd be impossible as a weapon... but if we could manage it... :o   we would be absolutely unstoppable. Especially if we could make them one-person weapons.

But yeah, realistically, dwarfworld would be doomed. DF can't quite simulate exactly how it would be, as far as technology goes, but if it could, the goblins wouldn't stand a chance. Nor would the elves, for that matter... and i'm sure we could come up with plenty of wood-based weapons to mock them with.

Set me free to slay our enemies when they siege! The dagger demands it!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2012, 11:36:41 pm »

Speaking of spaceships:
By utilizing the space-time bending properties of the ordinary wooden cage, we could build our own TARDIS or three.  After all, there's no actual limit to the amount of stuff that can fit in a cage, provided you put it in properly.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Gizogin, Archeron, I've got an ‼idea‼!

You remove my brain and rig it into the computers of one of the space ships. Because we can.

We must have those, atleast kodkod, as without the little restaint she has, we would all die, horribly, and without compassion, we wont help one another, letting her pick us off one by one.

nose
left eye
middle eye
right eye

left eye tooth
right eye tooth
heart
left upper arm

I don't know, not necessarily die...

We would be as gods due to our smarts. Hell yes.

I would rather be as a god due to giant space battleships.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But I suppose smarts is good too.

I didn't know Sins of a Solar Empire had Reapers... but why is it upside down?  :P

Been forever since I played SoaSE, but I still recognized the thingies around the planets...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:15 pm »

I don't know, not necessarily die...

Death is overrated. There are plenty of things far worse than an eternity of darkness.

I didn't know Sins of a Solar Empire had Reapers... but why is it upside down?  :P
Been forever since I played SoaSE, but I still recognized the thingies around the planets...

Both of the Titans for the Advent Loyalist faction and the Advent Rebels faction are designed similarly to that, upright as opposed to lying flat.

But only one of the two has a giant freaking Death Laser.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 11, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »

Speaking of spaceships:
By utilizing the space-time bending properties of the ordinary wooden cage, we could build our own TARDIS or three.  After all, there's no actual limit to the amount of stuff that can fit in a cage, provided you put it in properly.
What do you think I've kept asking about cage traps to be installed in my room for? Also, I recommend Kodkod as the template for my "improved humans." She may also help me build the travel machine. I believe it will take 3 tries at least, so make it a MkIII travel machine.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2012, 03:03:20 am »

Just woke up, so this may be a bit off, but as far as we know, the cages only bend space... They don't bend time...

Although... If we can figure out how they bend space, it may be possible to make them bend time as well. However... this would require us to work out a grand unified theory, so we could see the relations between everything... If we could do that, it's totally possible! We'd have TARDISes! And... possibly a way back home.

Does Dwarf Fortress now have a goal?  :o
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2012, 05:46:13 am »

Speaking of spaceships:
What do you think I've kept asking about cage traps to be installed in my room for? Also, I recommend Kodkod as the template for my "improved humans." She may also help me build the travel machine. I believe it will take 3 tries at least, so make it a MkIII travel machine.
hugoluman, i am RAK from the future where you build this time machine.  i came back to warn you to build the mk I and MK II, but DO NOT attempt to build the MK III.

if you successfully invent time travel, you start a chain of events that causes the universe to end.

and by telling you this, i have stranded myself in this timeline, siunting my own even further into non-existence by way of it becoming not only an extinct universe, but an alternate timeline extinct universe.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 12, 2012, 07:53:44 am »

Both of the Titans for the Advent Loyalist faction and the Advent Rebels faction are designed similarly to that, upright as opposed to lying flat.

Really makes one think... What good is a big spaceship if it doesn't have a massive death laser? It's like having a dwarf with no beard.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 12, 2012, 07:58:17 am »

Really makes one think... What good is a big spaceship if it doesn't have a massive death laser? It's like having a dwarf with no beard.

A dwarf with no beard?  THOSE WORDS ARE BLASPHEMY!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:47 am »

The Forgotten Beast Odog Delutjoum Elkaninm has come! A towering panther made of steel twisted into humanoid form! It has three tails, and lidless eyes. Its eyes glow red. It hungers for blood. Beware its poisonous bite!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1078 on: April 12, 2012, 10:02:25 am »

Hmmm.... A lack of emotion with no other gain, sounds terrible. Exploitable flaws are fun!
And restraint is all too important, how else do you think the red button has not yet been pressed?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 12, 2012, 12:37:41 pm »

Hmmm.... A lack of emotion with no other gain, sounds terrible. Exploitable flaws are fun!
And restraint is all too important, how else do you think the red button has not yet been pressed?
Who says it hasn't?

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 214