Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432769 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1200 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »

Crochet uses spun yarn. Not woven fabric.  Fabric is produced via crochet.

complimentary article

It is similar to Tatting and knitting.

I can crochet, and can even do a few fancy patterns, and make fuzzy plush animals with it, but can't knit or tatt.

I can, however, card weave, and sprang.

I also know how to tie fishing nets.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »

Nope! You're his apprentice and Head Hauler. We need clothes. And so do your kobold friends down in the highly decorative stockpiles kobold palace.

You realise im the ruler of those kobolds. With a flip of my fingers they will drop there jobs, claim bows and spears, and sucide rush your haulers, escape, and return with other tribes to lay siege to this place.

But then again I want them to live, so your damn lucky and-FEEBUS, FROM THE BOW, I SAY "BUT" THAT DOES NOT MEAN "KILL"! NOW DROP THE BOW, AND GO BACK TO GEM-CUTTING OR WHATEVER YOU DO.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 13, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »

Ah, so you make things from scratch, and not stitch together pre-woven fabrics.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 13, 2012, 11:41:28 pm »

That's right. Goes straight from worsted yarn to finished product. No sewing involved.

Requires more thought, and careful measurements to make complex garments. I made a pair of gloves once. It was a pain in the ass.

Sippers and mittens would be a lot easier.

Clothing produced from crochet is "less stretchy" than knit, and is often uncomfortable when made into shirts and pants as a result.  Crochet is most commonly used to make heavier items, like blankets.

Tunisian crochet, however, is very stretchy, and is naturally double thick.  It is made with 2 simultaneous yarns, and a doubled headed crochet hook.  It makes awesome winter socks that drive the kobolds wild.

See that sexy sock? Its super soft.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:45:19 pm by wierd »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 13, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »

That's right. Goes straight from worsted yarn to finished product. No sewing involved.

Requires more thought, and careful measurements to make complex garments. I made a pair of gloves once. It was a pain in the ass.

Sippers and mittens would be a lot easier.

Clothing produced from crochet is "less stretchy" than knit, and is often uncomfortable when made into shirts and pants as a result.  Crochet is most commonly used to make heavier items, like blankets.

Tunisian crochet, however, is very stretchy, and is naturally double thick.  It is made with 2 simultaneous yarns, and a doubled headed crochet hook.  It makes awesome winter socks that drive the kobolds wild.

Oh yeah, I had those in my tribe, my simpleton subjects decided to give them to those elves that got brain damage and started "dancing for our enjoyment" if you can say that there grandparents........
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:53 am »

I am a little confused, who is doing the fort?
Actually, I was considering handing the fort over to Oliolli (even sent him the save)... Interest in it seemed to be dying out for me - I asked who wanted me to continue, and he was the only one who answered. (that I noticed - I may have missed a post.)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 14, 2012, 12:04:51 am »

Oh believe me, we all want you to continue. We were just brainstorming story ideas and getting carried away.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 14, 2012, 12:07:53 am »

I get the feeling I am going to be making socks, mittens, and slippers (shoes), in addition to green glass crafts, soap, cooking food, and making stone mechanisms....

Surely, somebody else has as many hobbies as I do?  I mean, yeah, not going out on dates and being a toal homebody resuls in a lot of spare time on the weekends, but jeeze!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 14, 2012, 12:19:26 am »

I get the feeling I am going to be making socks, mittens, and slippers (shoes), in addition to green glass crafts, soap, cooking food, and making stone mechanisms....

Surely, somebody else has as many hobbies as I do?  I mean, yeah, not going out on dates and being a toal homebody resuls in a lot of spare time on the weekends, but jeeze!

I like to swipe things from under my dad's nose.

Thats one reason im a kobold online.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 14, 2012, 12:54:56 am »

You really weren't kidding. An apocalypse could happen tomorrow, and you'd be fully prepared... Even if you didn't have anything ready.
+1 to you for real-life dwarfiness.

Oh believe me, we all want you to continue. We were just brainstorming story ideas and getting carried away.
That's two... Well, I'll see what Oliolli says. If he'd rather just make journal entries, I guess the fort is still mine to mess with. Unless someone else would like to take over. If more are in favor of my continuing it... I will.
On a different note, if it'd help your journals I could PM you the save link. ...and possibly anyone else who wanted it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:57:48 am by Talvieno »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 14, 2012, 01:11:28 am »

I'm going to have a go at it at some point during the weekend. Possibly soon.

I suppose I'll also have to get DFHack or whatever it is if I want to properly dwarf people.

Oh, and Talvieno, one last question about a thing that has been bugging me for the duration of this thread.

You wouldn't happen to be finnish, would you? I'd guess so, based on your name.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 14, 2012, 01:22:32 am »

Oh, and Talvieno, one last question about a thing that has been bugging me for the duration of this thread.

You wouldn't happen to be finnish, would you? I'd guess so, based on your name.
Haha, you definitely are, I'm going to guess. ;D And sorry if it disappoints you, but... no. :( I just really liked the sound of the name - it wasn't until I happened upon a Finnish community of gamers that I learned it was comprised of two Finnish words.

So now... I am santa. Hohoho.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 14, 2012, 04:43:41 am »

BTW Kodkod, I have a scientific question. If I created cybermen and was allowed to chuck them into your scorpion pit, what would happen? Would they kill each other, or would they unite and cybernetic giant scorpions would emerge?

I am not sure, possibly the latter. Frankly I don't think that this would be a fantastic idea, the good thing about organics is that they feel, and however fearless one may be in battle is irrelevant, because if it has a will, that will can be broken, bent into check. A Giant Desert Scorpion can be as harmless as a puppy given sufficient reason to obey without question.

Now to turn them into unflinching automotons could have unfortunate consequences. Think 'Bronze Colossus with a deadly neurotoxin'.

I'll keep them as simple, breakable fleshies, thanks.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 14, 2012, 04:48:00 am »

BTW Kodkod, I have a scientific question. If I created cybermen and was allowed to chuck them into your scorpion pit, what would happen? Would they kill each other, or would they unite and cybernetic giant scorpions would emerge?

I am not sure, possibly the latter. Frankly I don't think that this would be a fantastic idea, the good thing about organics is that they feel, and however fearless one may be in battle is irrelevant, because if it has a will, that will can be broken, bent into check. A Giant Desert Scorpion can be as harmless as a puppy given sufficient reason to obey without question.

Now to turn them into unflinching automotons could have unfortunate consequences. Think 'Bronze Colossus with a deadly neurotoxin'.

Its a shame cybernetics arent in.
Aurgemt then with powered claws, extra armour, maybe a couple of extra limbs, while keeping all the glory of letting you torment them. Direct nerve induction would help keep them under control. Get the best of both worlds, unflinching automatons that obey your every command bercause they know that you will personally cause their entire body to become a conduit for pain
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:23 am »

Its a shame cybernetics arent in.
Aurgemt then with powered claws, extra armour, maybe a couple of extra limbs, while keeping all the glory of letting you torment them. Direct nerve induction would help keep them under control. Get the best of both worlds, unflinching automatons that obey your every command bercause they know that you will personally cause their entire body to become a conduit for pain

Torture, always the best way!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 214