Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 433029 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1335 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:50 pm »

I like stetsons. Stetsons are cool.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:59 pm »

I'm afraid that there is a hat monopoly on these forums.

Canihazhat?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

Nein! There will be no hats for anyone!

Das ist verboten!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »

Nein! There will be no hats for anyone!

Das ist verboten!

....Can I have shoes atleast?
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:45 pm »

i still need to get one.  all that time in the cavalry, and i never bought one.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 15, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »

Where's my fez?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 15, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »

I made booze, anyone want some?

It wont poison you, I promise!

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #1342 on: April 15, 2012, 10:44:12 pm »

Where's my fez?

Fezzes are cool. One time, I made my own fez out of red felt and wore it to school. Coincidentally, I also had a map of Florida and some jammy-dodgers.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »

We need to invent Mountain Dew if im gonna stay sane.

Nothings cuter then a insane kobold, but still.

Orky_Boss Hacks the head of Corai The Kobold, and the severed limb sails in an ark!

"What? It's not like we can invent a drink on the spot... how would we even make fizzy water that in medieval times? Besides, I need some bones for this idea I have..."

*grabs kobold bones and heads back to the metalsmith forge*

Fizzy water is just carbon dioxide gas suspended in ordinary water.

It happens naturally.

In addition to the natural volcanic method, it could be done artificially the "dwarven way", by building what ammounts to a synthetic aquifer filled with nice clean water, through which a section of pipe conducts the gasses from another chamber in which limestone is dropped into magma, and stirred.  Limestone is calcium carbonate, and a large percentage of its mass is chemically bound carbon dioxide gas.

If neither of those methods floats your boat, you can build an atmospheric gas compressor and fractional distillation tower complex as a megaproject. Carbon dioxide will form ice at the bottom of the distillation tower. (How co2 is commercially produced.)

Of the 3, #1 is the most likely, and #2 is plausible. #3 would require exposing the dwarves to stainless steel for the pressure vessel tanks, and vastly improving their smelting and forging technologies.

As for this latter bit about trophy taking?  I delight in memories.  Abusing a victim's body can be entertaining, but the slow, cumulative destruction of a mind? Priceless.

I torture psychologically.  Abuse the "rival method" of training and conditioning. Twist operant conditioning. Make the victim do things unconciously that they despise, to induce self hatred, and bring attention to this fact.  Oh yes.  My methods are slow and terrible, but leave the physical body completely unharmed. :)

Sentient trophy? What about clearcut elven retreat..... clearcut by elves? :D

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 15, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »

The Fez must die!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 15, 2012, 11:23:46 pm »

This is an exceptional fez made by Talvieno the human of The Twelveth Bay, in the spring of 2012.
It is made of exceptional ropereed cloth, skillfully dyed red with redroot dye.

On the item is an image of double crescents in pigtail. The image is the symbol for the local dwarven civilization.

On the item is a tassle made of ropereed fiber, skillfully dyed yellow with osage orange heartwood dye.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:25:32 pm by wierd »

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 16, 2012, 01:34:47 am »

Ugh. Taking skulls as trophies is so... machismo. What's next, are you planning on turning them into a cup and drinking beer out of them whilst singing rowdy songs?

I'd much rather take finger nails. Whole ones, of course, excruciatingly ripped right out of a living victim's fingers with a pair of pliers.

I would take the skull and put it on a shelf in my quarters, Skulls are where knowledge is kept. In times of dire need, the skulls of my slain enemies will be asked for advice. Before then, though, I'll take the hearts of my enemies and eat them whole, because that's where a warrior's power comes from. Thus, I will have all the knowledge and strength of my slain opponents.

And yes, the heart has to be raw. The power is destroyed if you burn it, even if only a little.
This space for rent

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 16, 2012, 01:37:04 am »

I seem to recall some method of making solid bricks out of bone. If that's true, I'd build myself a house from the powdered and moulded skeletons of my enemies.
くコ:彡

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 16, 2012, 01:49:03 am »

I seem to recall some method of making solid bricks out of bone. If that's true, I'd build myself a house from the powdered and moulded skeletons of my enemies.

Someone made a string of custom reactions to make building material from bone. I'll bet anything built from it would actually look quite intimidating
Ugh. Taking skulls as trophies is so... machismo. What's next, are you planning on turning them into a cup and drinking beer out of them whilst singing rowdy songs?

I'd much rather take finger nails. Whole ones, of course, excruciatingly ripped right out of a living victim's fingers with a pair of pliers.

I would take the skull and put it on a shelf in my quarters, Skulls are where knowledge is kept. In times of dire need, the skulls of my slain enemies will be asked for advice. Before then, though, I'll take the hearts of my enemies and eat them whole, because that's where a warrior's power comes from. Thus, I will have all the knowledge and strength of my slain opponents.

And yes, the heart has to be raw. The power is destroyed if you burn it, even if only a little.

I had taken to eating raw hearts too, but the skulls for adivce thing is actually a nice touch.... Man I wish dwarves would take trohpies of slain enemies.... Perhaps I must do some ethic modding...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 16, 2012, 03:49:38 am »

Eating hearts? A bit too cannibalistic for my tastes... (animals, maybe; humanoids... not me.) The only time I've really ever taken the head off of anything was a dragon I had to slay in adventure mode. I kept spawning as a dwarf in a human city, going to the lord of the local fortress and asking for a mission... He kept giving me that dragon. Time and time again - and, as you'd expect, time and time again I died. I finally killed it, with a swordsdwarf/marksdwarf cross, and was careful to cut off its head. Then I brought it back to the lord and threw it at his feet... I was new to adventuring, I expected riches and wealth or something. "May he rot forever in the underworld" or some such phrase was all I got... I was a bit frustrated, honestly... I picked the head back up and mauled the lord to death with it. Gave him his precious dragon.

I felt better after that, actually.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 214