Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432797 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1380 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »

Chaotic Neutral/Evil

I do not personally consider myself to be evil, but chaotic neutral is certainly apt. Whether anyone else considers me to be evil... well who knows? I can think of a few people who feel that way about me.

As for escaping the tower without limbs..... likewise, how would I make beauty aides without arms or hands either?

Scented soaps et alles are luxuries that I do not necessarily need. Though if you were to live apart from society I can envision sending a trade caravan over to you in order to barter for some. You buy cat? Cat very fresh, very good quality.

Cat not for sale!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:35 pm »

I'm hard pressed to choose between "bloody revolutionary" and "just leave me alone with my art," but if the Twelfth Bay became a dictatorship I'd say I'd choose one or the other. Probably a choice between life and death, given the circumstances.

I have no experience whatsoever with modern weaponry, but I was once the president of the middle-school archery club back in the day, and have won a few events. Also, all the targets at the range I used to go to were human-shaped, so I believe I could hit someone in the chest or even the neck. By nature I am a pacifist, though.

Kodkod, I don't believe anyone thinks of themselves as really evil. No one takes an action while wholeheartedly thinking "Mwahahahaha!" There is always some way they justify it to themselves, make themselves think they are in the right.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:08:14 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:29 pm »

I decided what to do.

ILL BRING THE RENAISSANCE TO DWARF FORTRESS.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »

Kodkod, I don't believe anyone thinks of themselves as really evil. No one takes an action while wholeheartedly thinking "Mwahahahaha!" There is always some way they justify it to themselves, make themselves think they are in the right.

I dunno, I've done destructive things in the past purely for the sake of my own twisted, disproportionate retribution knowing full well that I'm in the wrong. I just figure that I balance it out by rescuing a few cats from trees. I do bad things but I'm not a bad person at heart, I suppose it is.

I do not eat the cats.
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »

I dunno, I've done destructive things in the past purely for the sake of my own twisted, disproportionate retribution knowing full well that I'm in the wrong. I just figure that I balance it out by rescuing a few cats from trees. I do bad things but I'm not a bad person at heart, I suppose it is.

I do not eat the cats.
You feed the cats to kobolds then eat the kobolds then. Or other senient species that is impossibly adorable.....Nope, kobolds.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 16, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »

I can also make astringents, acne medicine, moisture whips, consealers, base foundation, powders, and lipsticks. This in addition to scented toilette waters, and fine soaps. (Skin conditioners and lotions being useful to pretty much everyone. Lip balms being practically identical to lipsticks (beeswax and a softener, like a non-drying vegetable oil, whipped with distilled glycerol) just with a local analgesic like menthol or camphor, rather than a pigment, like red beet color, cochineal, madder, henna, etc.)

*thought.. cocoa butter would work nicely as a softener in lipstick base.... should make a lipbalm out of it some time...

A royal lady needs to look lovely, does she not? ;)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:51 pm »

A royal lady needs to look lovely, does she not? ;)

I was thinking 'intimidating'.

Cocoa butter lip balm, however, would be delicious. I would eat that all day.
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »

Whats with you and Cocoa butter ANYTHING?

Hell, I bet you would eat a person if they were made of Cocoa butter.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »

Hey guys, did anyone bring this up?

There's saltpeter in Dwarf Fortress. Along with some other stuff (brimstone/sulfur, something that can be found in urine I think, ect.) that could be used to make black powder. Dorfen metallurgy is probably good enough to make reasonably advanced firearms (or rather, the most advanced form of firearm people know how it works)...

With that kind of technology, we could easily take over the world, then get to work making all that uranium (in ore form ) that's laying around useful >)
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:23 pm »

Cocoa butter has the most alluring aroma of anything ever created. It smells like the chocolate that the gods of Olympus would eat.

Unfortunately people are not generally made out of cocoa butter, and Dwarf Fortress has no Cocoa Butter Elementpeople. However... smearing cocoa butter onto the lips of a beautiful woman is well within the realm of possibility.

Wierd can produce the finest in cocoa butter lip balm for which he shall be paid well, and the royal guard can find the most beautiful women in the fortress.  I would be a very happy KodKod on that day.
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 16, 2012, 08:43:18 pm »

Cocoa butter has the most alluring aroma of anything ever created. It smells like the chocolate that the gods of Olympus would eat.

Unfortunately people are not generally made out of cocoa butter, and Dwarf Fortress has no Cocoa Butter Elementpeople. However... smearing cocoa butter onto the lips of a beautiful woman is well within the realm of possibility.

Wierd can produce the finest in cocoa butter lip balm for which he shall be paid well, and the royal guard can find the most beautiful women in the fortress.  I would be a very happy KodKod on that day.

First of all, they would just go "....Here you go" to kiss up. As not giving you the balm would be saying your not the prettiest woman. Thus causing you to kill them.

And second, I assume you spend $300 a month on lip-balm?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »

I may or may not in my opinion by the most attractive woman in the fortress. That would depend entirely on what the rest of them look like and is purely my own subjective opinion. I am not so shallow or insecure as to have image problems, there are several billion women in the world, it goes without saying that some of them are more attractive than I am and that isn’t an issue to me. Frankly I’d be disappointed more than anything if there weren’t, my own reflection makes for poor company.

I don’t make a habit of eating cocoa butter lip balm; the good stuff is all hand-made and therefore more difficult to come across, so it’s more of a rare treat.

Random aside: Did you know that the scattered factoids going around suggesting that ‘the average woman inadvertently swallows several pounds of lipstick over the course of her life’ are entirely false?
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

Well, your obviously the prettiest as everyone else HAS BEARDS.

Except me, Im a naked-face kobold. :D

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 16, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »

I do actually see myself as "Evil," though not in the "do bad things just for their own sake" way.  I am a selfish person; I do not really see any reason to put other people's needs above my own, unless I clearly and directly benefit from it.  I can be nice and polite, and I generally am, but only because I see no downsides to doing so, while being rude and mean has some clearly harmful effects.  I am "Evil" in the sense that I put my own needs first, whereas someone "Good" would put others ahead of him- or herself. 
I'd probably classify myself as "Neutral Evil."

It might seem strange, then, that I would volunteer to be the CMD.  After all, doctors are meant to help people.  I do actually benefit from it, though.  As the CMD, I hold a great deal of power and influence, and because I perform a very vital task which few are able to do, I have job security.  I also get access to just about everyone, should I ever need it for any reason.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 16, 2012, 09:14:48 pm »

I do actually see myself as "Evil," though not in the "do bad things just for their own sake" way.  I am a selfish person; I do not really see any reason to put other people's needs above my own, unless I clearly and directly benefit from it.  I can be nice and polite, and I generally am, but only because I see no downsides to doing so, while being rude and mean has some clearly harmful effects.  I am "Evil" in the sense that I put my own needs first, whereas someone "Good" would put others ahead of him- or herself. 
I'd probably classify myself as "Neutral Evil."

It might seem strange, then, that I would volunteer to be the CMD.  After all, doctors are meant to help people.  I do actually benefit from it, though.  As the CMD, I hold a great deal of power and influence, and because I perform a very vital task which few are able to do, I have job security.  I also get access to just about everyone, should I ever need it for any reason.

We share the same mind-set. I MUST KILL YOU TO REMAIN UNIQUE.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 214