Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432115 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1515 on: April 17, 2012, 08:55:38 pm »

As I peviously said, we would be as gods thanks to our smarts and some members of this group having the knowlege to take said smarts and give the world a giant middle finger with them.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:08 pm »

I wonder how many people here think I am so unstable I think im a real kobold.

I bet more then half of you. I certainly are insane enough to do that in real life.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »

I just pegged you as a bit off. Cause all of us here are.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 17, 2012, 08:59:25 pm »

Your all insane online, Im insane in real life.

Atleast thats what everyone I come in contact with saids.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 17, 2012, 09:05:20 pm »

HFS: We will encase you in carbon nanotube enforced cement and kick you into those eerie glowing pits you're so proud of.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 17, 2012, 09:07:09 pm »

*Raises hand*
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 17, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »

Speaking of mental health, I have a relatively minor concern that occurred to me recently:

Medications.  I have ADHD (Inattentive), and it's relatively severe.  I won't go into the details, as it's a fairly common condition.  Anyway, I basically require medication in order to function as a productive member of society.  This presents a problem, as I doubt things like Concerta or Focalin are commonplace in DF.  While I suppose alternatives are available, I don't know enough about chemistry/biology/pharmacology to know what they would be.  Can anyone suggest a way that I might be able to operate at normal levels, using what's available in DF?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 17, 2012, 09:09:47 pm »

Can anyone suggest a way that I might be able to operate at normal levels, using what's available in DF?

Inordinate quantities of alcohol ought to solve any problem.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Having let my knowledge of horrble deadly poisons out, how many of you would eat cookies if I made them? Etc.......
I'd eat them. After all, just because you work out how to build an atom bomb doesn't mean you're evil. And frankly, you don't seem the type of person to poison cookies to laugh at the people who eat them and die... Talking about killing is one thing. Actually doing it is another.

Speaking of mental health, I have a relatively minor concern that occurred to me recently:

Medications.  I have ADHD (Inattentive), and it's relatively severe.  I won't go into the details, as it's a fairly common condition.  Anyway, I basically require medication in order to function as a productive member of society.  This presents a problem, as I doubt things like Concerta or Focalin are commonplace in DF.  While I suppose alternatives are available, I don't know enough about chemistry/biology/pharmacology to know what they would be.  Can anyone suggest a way that I might be able to operate at normal levels, using what's available in DF?
I have no idea... I hadn't even thought about that... I've got the same problem. lol   ADHD. It isn't that bad, though, although it used to be severe. I just learned to control it over time (for the most part).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:15:58 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

Your all insane online, Im insane in real life.

I'm sure many opf us are in reality of quite questionable mental stability. I for one hear voices that come from nowhere, and I at best have a very fragile hold of my urge to kill people who annoy me sufficently. I don't mean the metaphorically. I have had to fight an urge to kill on a few occasions. A particularly angry voice, kept trying to make me do it when i worked at a thrift store. The person had ruined or taken credit fro work I had done on multiple occasions. And I could have killed them. Just would have had to keep swinging the tire iron we kept behind the counter until the bitch stopped moving. It was a kind of hate the likes of which I never enjoy. it's a kind of hate I could have very well acted on and indeed I did loose track of a few minutes in this incident. But no-one was thankfully killed then.

There was one instance where a a fence was all the kept me from killing someone after they threw a rock at me.  (I had to get stiches just above my tmple and my glasses were broken. Had the fence not been there, I would have murdered him, and been forever fucked up even worse for it.)

So a little insantiy is not new here.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:13 pm »

........I bet the voices are inter-galactic space kittens.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »

The other night I dreamt of systematically breaking my friends' necks, by laying them on the ground next to a table leg, then suddenly and forcefully twisting/popping their head toward the table leg, then twisting forcefully until I fully ripped off their head. All while engaging in friendly conversation with them (eventually they stopped responding).

Yeah, I'm completely normal.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 17, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »

*Raises hand*

I thought you were sane enough to notice in-charecter.

Your so insane your sane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43:51 pm »

Nah. One calls itself Gail though. Kind of an asshole. And I think it identifies itself as a she. And I quite frankly don't wanna find out if that is indeed the case.

SO! Who wants a railgun! I can probably coax someone into manufacturing them!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »

Nah. One calls itself Gail though. Kind of an asshole. And I think it identifies itself as a she. And I quite frankly don't wanna find out if that is indeed the case.

SO! Who wants a railgun! I can probably coax someone into manufacturing them!

The kobold fires it's railgun wildly, striking down Weird, Kodkod, and Splint several dwarves, then wakes up.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I WANT ONE.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 214