Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 37225 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #720 on: July 10, 2019, 10:46:15 pm »

That being said, forgotten beasts should use correct sprites for their limbs, wings, etc, so I think at the very least, the basis should be there. Even if mifki has to TWBT-magic it together in the end for us modders. ^^

Very cool, the possibility of modded races being able to mix and match body part sprites to retain the game's look is really exciting.
You could do that anyway by just modding the sprites and manually frankensteining bits together.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2019, 07:10:12 am »

True.

I could try to keep a file with just arms and legs and wings and heads around in a table. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:58 pm »

That being said, forgotten beasts should use correct sprites for their limbs, wings, etc, so I think at the very least, the basis should be there. Even if mifki has to TWBT-magic it together in the end for us modders. ^^

Very cool, the possibility of modded races being able to mix and match body part sprites to retain the game's look is really exciting.
You could do that anyway by just modding the sprites and manually frankensteining bits together.

Well I don't know how far you guys are planning ahead, but if Toady eventually wants to have (at least as an option) ALL races be totally procedurally generated, something like this would seem to be to be the only option for actually doing that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #723 on: July 19, 2019, 05:55:46 am »

Just a little update: creatures, creatures, creatures. That's what we are working on atm.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 20, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »

Hum, will regular, raw-editable creatures going to be (able to) utilize "some assembly required" spritesheets as FBs?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 20, 2019, 02:05:02 pm »

Just a little update: creatures, creatures, creatures. That's what we are working on atm.

Any you can post?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #726 on: July 20, 2019, 05:55:54 pm »

Hum, will regular, raw-editable creatures going to be (able to) utilize "some assembly required" spritesheets as FBs?

Maybe. Currently planned for civ members and procedurally generated creatures, but not used for regular creatures.

Any you can post?
Maybe Mike will post some. ☺️ We are working on regular surface animals at the moment,nothing super exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]