_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727310 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3450 on: July 01, 2012, 02:28:49 pm »

We'll start accepting people for the next mission. We need 10 again.
((Good god, and this is a mission where everyone might die? D:))

>Assume everyone is a complete idiot that will get you killed if you ever trust them with anything more dangerous then a spoon. A dull spoon.
((Another brilliant and sadly very accurate quote.))

Upon closer inspection it appears that he has the skin off a human face stretched and bolted over the featureless metal thing where a head should normally be.
((Yep, he called it. Oh man. :P

And yeah, he seems more frat-boy than surfer dude. I'm thinking a, like, surfer dude would, like, totally talk more like this, you know? Dude? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3451 on: July 01, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »

Seeing Thrak, Kyle decided on subtly moving into the rest of the crowd, away from the robot abomination with the oversized butchery too.

That's... unsettling. I've nothing against cybernetics, but that's going a bit too far... or perhaps a few miles too far.

Taking a seat at the end of the briefing room, Kyle asked (fairly softly)

"Hey Steve, who here would you say is the closest approximation to sanity? I'm trying to decide a good plan for not dying horribly, and finding the more sensible people here seems like a decent place to start.."

>Well, jim is alright when he's not hallucinating space zombies, and ivan, that guy with the demon arm and voice like a cicada nightmare, he's ok too.

You're boned is what I'm trying to say.

(Dear god that is horrifying.)

Purchase a Mark II suit and a monoatomic razor, return the Mark I suit, and head to the briefing room.
Consider it bought.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:36:44 pm by piecewise »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

After his cigarette burns out, Gorat looks at the VR machines. "Guess that's how we're supposed to train." He hooks into one, calling up an empty duel with himself and his current equipment (and a floor), sets up a few passive humans with Mk 1 suits and laser rifles at a medium range, and checks whether his rifle has any controls before testing the default settings (if applicable) on one of the dummies.

Set up duel, examine laser rifle settings, test laser rifle on test dummy.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a homocidal idiot.
« Reply #3453 on: July 01, 2012, 02:40:24 pm »

((I'm fine with the robot body, but the face... My god... Just no...))

Put in shrapnel in seperate tests after the first set. Also, interweave the threads in the battlesuit plate into the impact plate as well and see what changes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 01, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

Greet the people who have entered the briefing room while I was busy reading the manual.
Good day to you! I'm Maurice Sanctor, a hapless victim of Magisters' law like you. They are recruting for the next mission already, I suppose? I would like to participate, if possible.

((Doh, I didn't meant it as a volunteering shortcut, only as staying in a rather empty place with no one to bother. Guess I'll have to use the bathroom next time ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 01, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »

Jim's emoticon appeared to be confused, with an eyebrow raised. "So... did you ask for that face, or did he just not give you the option for a holographic display?" he asked Thrak. "And I'm Jim, by the way." This statement was directed at all the new people in general. Instead of sitting, he moved to the side of the doorway and waited for the briefing to begin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3456 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »

>Travis/orb
You picked mercenary but never chose which weapon discipline you want that +1 in. Or if you did I don't have it. Choose/remind me of it.

After his cigarette burns out, Gorat looks at the VR machines. "Guess that's how we're supposed to train." He hooks into one, calling up an empty duel with himself and his current equipment (and a floor), sets up a few passive humans with Mk 1 suits and laser rifles at a medium range, and checks whether his rifle has any controls before testing the default settings (if applicable) on one of the dummies.

Set up duel, examine laser rifle settings, test laser rifle on test dummy.
Looks like the laser rifle as two dials on it and a keypad of some sort. After playing with the dials for a bit you figure out that they control intensity and diffusion. The pad is a bit of a mystery though.

((I'm fine with the robot body, but the face... My god... Just no...))

Put in shrapnel in seperate tests after the first set. Also, interweave the threads in the battlesuit plate into the impact plate as well and see what changes.
ok so it will survive reasonable sized shrapnel pretty well, anything up to fist sized at very high speeds. As per  adding the fibers to the hardplate, it doesn't change much. Gives it a bit more strength, but thats it.

Greet the people who have entered the briefing room while I was busy reading the manual.
Good day to you! I'm Maurice Sanctor, a hapless victim of Magisters' law like you. They are recruting for the next mission already, I suppose? I would like to participate, if possible.

((Doh, I didn't meant it as a volunteering shortcut, only as staying in a rather empty place with no one to bother. Guess I'll have to use the bathroom next time ;) ))
Looks like we have our last member. Briefing will begin here momentarily. We'll just say that it is broadcast to E and Milno since they're not on board yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 01, 2012, 02:50:30 pm »

Thrak hesitates for a brief second.

"Face thing?  Is that what this is?  Haven't found a mirror yet.  Sweet, I guess."

"Name's Thrak, by the way.  This place is awesome- just got here and I'm already all tricked out- so glad I signed up for this!  Like your body, bro- sweet face display.  Can you do stuff besides faces?"

Thrak puts up his cleaver.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3458 on: July 01, 2012, 02:57:57 pm »

Gorat makes a mental note to look up the uses of the keypad once out of the simulation. Keeping the existing dummies, he sets up a random jungle environment, randomizes the location of the dummies with the constraint that none may appear with line of sight to him or other dummies, or within his line of sight, then sets a random dummy to active and hostile.

Set up the new environment and enemy. Carefully get down on one knee and listen.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 01, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

"Hey new robot guy, can you put that cleaver down?  I've... kind of got a thing about cyborgs and meat cleavers and my personal well being."
Mesk glances surreptitiously at Jim.
"...anyway, I'm Mesk.  I'll be medic-ing for you guys on this mission."
He puts out his left hand and wiggles his fingers around in the air a bit.
"...wait... I don't have the needle hand any more.  Forget that happened.  Forget what I'm talking about.  It's going to be a surprise!  Look forward to it!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:31 pm »

"I'm not sure. Never tried; half the time it seems to pick up on what I'm thinking and adjust the display accordingly." As he spoke, the display went back to a more neutral :|.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »

>Travis/orb
You picked mercenary but never chose which weapon discipline you want that +1 in. Or if you did I don't have it. Choose/remind me of it.

I said conventional mercenary, which was my failed attempt at conveying I was going for conventional weaponry.

Travis backed into a corner. Steve was right. That beetle...thing...it couldn't be human...could it? Sigh. He separated himself from the group, sitting in the opposite corner, knees up, holding up his crystalline projector on his knees.

Can't trust any of them
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 01, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »

Thrak gives Mesk a piece sign.

"No prob, bro.  We're gonna be just fine- we'll kick so much ass we won't need a medic, right guys?"

He looks back at Jim.  "Make it flip a bird!"

Thrak offers Mesk and Jim fist bumps.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 01, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

A medic? What a coincidence! I am... I was a doctor too. A surgeon, if precisely.
Now that you mention it... do you have one of those kits? Looks like I don't have enough tokens to buy one after I got armed.
Or maybe someone would be so kind to lend me a token? And if I get killed before I can repay the debt, he or she can have all of my equipment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3464 on: July 01, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »

Gorat makes a mental note to look up the uses of the keypad once out of the simulation. Keeping the existing dummies, he sets up a random jungle environment, randomizes the location of the dummies with the constraint that none may appear with line of sight to him or other dummies, or within his line of sight, then sets a random dummy to active and hostile.

Set up the new environment and enemy. Carefully get down on one knee and listen.
You don't hear anything. Clever girl.

>Everyone in briefing room+milno and E

>Ok, everyone is here so lets begin.

>This next mission isn't the sort of thing we'd usually be handling. Normally this sort of thing would be giving to people much more competent then all of you. But, we're in the area, so we're gonna give it the old HMRC try, if only to waste time till the real soldiers show up.

Now, I'm not sure how well any of you keep up on current events of the local systems but there is a particularly bothersome serial killer wandering around the Endive Colonies and he's racked up a fairly high body count. Your mission is to capture and or kill him. Simple right? Especially with 10 people; but as always there is a catch. You see, this particular killer is not your standard nutcase, he's an Urban Executor, an agent of the UWM.

Urban Executors are, in case you didn't know, the espionage branch of the UWM's military. They're assassins, spies, and bounty hunters, doing whatever it takes to execute the will of the government; and they are very good at it. They use Shade cloaks, a sort of full body suit which allows them to alter their appearance to look like virtually anyone, and have what is know as a "Changeling mask", a rather extreme type of implant that allows them to freely alter their facial appearance, even rather drastically.  They're chameleons, moving and blending as they go, trained to change their personalities at the drop of the hat and to mimic nearly perfectly.

This particular Executor is a rather experienced one with many outstanding years of service but, for whatever reason, he's gone rogue and we need to bring him down.  As far as we know, he's only armed with a Monoatomic razor and an Organochemistry overrider .

The actual plan is rather simple. The local police forces have managed to track down where he is, specifically a rather isolated community on the outskirts, and are making ready to erect a laser fence. This fence will keep him trapped within its confines while we send you lot in to get him. And thats where the other hitch comes in: all the homes in that community are still occupied. We can't evacuate them, we can't even warn them, without giving ourselves away and possibly letting him escape.  So you're going in at night and those citizens aren't gonna know about it till you come kicking in through their door. How you handle your search and the civilians is up to you but, as always you have protection from local laws so... Well, try to limit civilian casualties, but if a few people have to get gutshot to get the mission done, I'm sure the UWM will understand.

Alright, here's the map of the community

And here it is again with all the homes nicely labeled with numbers to ease your search.

If you have questions, now is the time. We're in the system already, so you're free to head to the shuttle when you're ready.  You're going to take a shuttle to the local precinct and then a van to the site, so you'll have time to plan on the way. Buy your crap and get to the shuttles.

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 2101