Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 93164 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

File link

Includes Beasts of Myth (and of mundanity) 1.55, Random Vermin 0.78, Random Hags 0.38, Random Vampires 0.25, and Random Entity Creatures 0.5. Now also with a primitive TKInter GUI (and the right folder names).

These python scripts are based largely on Sphalerites Random Plants script, randomly creating around 290 beasts, around 140 vermin, around 20 hags and vampires, and around 10 civilizations. The Beasts of Myth and Random Vermin scripts generate a wide variety of creatures, including mammals creatures, reptilian and amphibian creatures, insects, arachnids, and invertebrate creatures, with a few creature getting giant variants. For usage notes, see the following quote from Sphalerite:

This file requires Python 2.7 to be installed on your computer.

Instructions:

Install Python 2.7 if you haven't already.

Download this file.

Unzip this file and remove the script

Double-click on the script file

A file open window will open. Select the raw/objects folder in your dwarf fortress install.

Create a new world, embark, and enjoy your procedurally generated content.

The zip file includes five scripts - random_scripts_gui.py is the new GUI. beast_myth.py is the main Beasts of Myth script. vermin_random.py is the Random Vermin script. random_hag.py is the Hag script. random_vampire.py is the Vampire script It also includes a subfolder for imported scripts.

The Beasts of Myth script creates eight creature files (creature_random_beast_myth_x) and three game files - body_random_beast_myth, interaction_random_beast_myth, and descriptor_pattern_random_myth_beast, as well as a temporary file that'll get deleted when the script is done, and a pedia_random_beast_myth file that isn't read by the game that includes quick information about the generated creatures.

The Random Vermin script creates two game files - creature_random_vermin and descriptor_pattern_random_vermin, and a pedia_random_vermin file that includes quick information about the generated creatures.

The Random Hag script creates three game files - creature_random_hag, descriptor_pattern_random_hag, and interaction_random_hag, and a pedia_random_hag file that includes quick information about most generated creatures.

The Random Vampire script creates two game files - creature_random_vampire for the vampiric shapeshifters, and interaction_random_vampire for the main vampire interactions, and a pedia_random_vampire file that includes quick information about the generated vampire curses.

The Random Entity script creates four game files - creature_random_civ_member, descriptor_pattern_random_civ_member, entity_random_civ_member, and item_random_civ_member, and a pedia_random_civ_member describing the generated entities and items (if any).

The Random Vermin script will likely generate bees - you can get their wax and honey, but to get their mead, you likely have to mod the reaction_other text file in raw/objects. Find the following reaction:

[REACTION:MAKE_MEAD]
   [NAME:make mead]
   [BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_M]
   [REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HONEY_BEE:HONEY]
      [UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:honey container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:honey]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:honey:DRINK_MAT]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BREWING]

and replace it with

[REACTION:MAKE_MEAD]
   [NAME:make mead]
   [BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_M]
   [REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT]
      [UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:honey container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:honey]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:honey:DRINK_MAT]
      [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
      [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BREWING]

Future plans:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Potential expansions:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:22:03 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature script - Horses of Myth (and of mundanity)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:55:27 am »

I don't care what you guys say, this is the new carp!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:00 am »

I'm almost afraid to see what would emerge if I fed it the My Little Fortress raws...

EDIT: it doesnt; seem to work with python 3.2.1... error message says it's a syntax error
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:50:42 am by drilltooth »
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:31:28 am »

Python 3.x isn't backwards-compatible to 2.x.  The script was written for 2.7, so you need to install 2.7 or a later 2.x release.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:12 pm »

yeah.. kinda figured that out.. the  instruction manual made the syntax errors easy enough to correct, Now, I'm equally tempted to keep poking it and see if it'll work, or just start over with the proper version..
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:02 am »

HHsHHH
There is an impostor among us.

Update to version v0.7. Change log:

There are now tauric and humanoid horse creatures, kirin have scaly skin, and a non-horse animal has snuck in - the sheep. There were several other tweaks and functional additions as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 08:01:11 am »

Cool.  I love the random plant script, so this looks like a lot of fun!  Thanks for the effort you've put into it!   I find these types of scripts to be of enormous usefulness.

Hmm, seems to be only creating a language file and nothing more.  I'm using python 2.7.2 which works fine for the random plant script.  Also I'm using this with Genesis mod, dunno if that makes a difference.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:22:28 am by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 01:17:26 pm »

You mean it doesn't even get to the body file? That's weird, I don't think there's anything between the creation of the two files that might stop the script. Do you have a vanilla version of Dwarf Fortress or something that you could use to test the script?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »

Yup, I'll test it out on an unmodded game.   Back in a sec....

Interesting.  Works on unmodded game but not on a heavily modded Genesis 3.25c.  The random plant script works fine, but of course the animals are more complicated.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 06:19:52 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:13:08 am »

Heavily modded - did you add more creatures to Genesis? It worked for me on a test run with the most recent Ascii Genesis release. I think I can skip the loading of the existing creatures from the raws, which seems to be the culprit, but that could potentially lead to duplicates. Perhaps as a separate script.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »

Sorry for delayed responses.

No, I didn't add new creatures, but I use my own modded humanish race and the rest are just other objects and reactions etc.  Looking at the errorlog, I'll have to clean it up a bit, but there's nothing there that points to anything related to animals.

I did run your script with an unmodded DF and it worked fine.  So I just transferred the raw files for the random creatures into the modded game I'm useing and gen'd a new world.  I'm looking forward to running into the new creatures.  Was able to buy some of them from embark screen.  Heh, I can't get over how much fun this game is... and tinkering with it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:59:37 pm by Chromasphere »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 08:56:55 pm »

No, I didn't add new creatures, but I use my own modded humanish race and the rest are just other objects and reactions etc.  Looking at the errorlog, I'll have to clean it up a bit, but there's nothing there that points to anything related to animals.

LIASON: Sir, could you please explain the Spideryhoof Pegasi that killed 14 Dwarves?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »

LIASON: Sir, could you please explain the Spideryhoof Pegasi that killed 14 Dwarves?

Are you asking me?  My own randoms didn't create any Pegasus types.  My guess is that is has a nasty syndrome that transfers when it bites or from it's name, may shoot webs or something.  Dunno if that's possible.  Just look in the creature_random_myth_horse.txt file in the raws and search for the animal name and see if it has a [SYNDROME].  It will describe what it's capable of.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 10:48:21 pm »

Are you asking me?  My own randoms didn't create any Pegasus types.  My guess is that is has a nasty syndrome that transfers when it bites or from it's name, may shoot webs or something.  Dunno if that's possible.  Just look in the creature_random_myth_horse.txt file in the raws and search for the animal name and see if it has a [SYNDROME].  It will describe what it's capable of.

I know, I was just saying that Spirderyhoof Pagasi kill dwarves with no mercy.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »

Oh, sorry, misunderstood your post.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12