... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 104133 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Direforged Original 47.0X
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:48:16 pm »

Direforged Original

The Chaos Age has passed. Whether it has lasted millennia or centuries, few can say, as historical records are few and incomplete, and civilization as it once was has crumbled during the Chaos Age. Only now, at the dawn of a new age, do the people of the world set out again to colonize the savage wilds, to reclaim what was lost to time and tide. Hamlets once again grow into cities, and towers of the dark forces rise high again as well. Mystic chants and fey trickery fill the woods, and picks and shovels once more strike the earth in search of ore.

A world has been forged through a dire age. An age that led to elves devouring their foes and goblins worshiping demons. An age that saw the emergence of the undead itarin and the rise of the Carmine Court from a minor fey court to a great force. An age that people like the humans, aurides, and encars barely survived. Now, the world passes into a new age. In which way will this new age reforge the world?

Spoiler: Download Links (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original

Direforged Original is a mod that aims to add a great variety of all objects to Dwarf Fortress. The current release for Dwarf Fortress version 0.47.0X+ contains:
* A new fortress-playable race, activated through an options file
* New industries - cut logs into planks in the sawmill, or seek magical aid the Halls of Light and Flame or the Alchemist's Lab; new reactions for the kitchen, the still, and the smelter; and usable scale and chitin.
* Decorative workshops - have statues or pedestals hold your artifacts in your rooms.
* New items - your dwarves can now wield the ball and chain, get skewered with tridents, or put sharp fans into weapon traps. Direforged adds a total of 8 weapons, 7 pieces of armor, and 3 trap components for all races, along with new toys and tools.
* Fifteen new crops and their products - brew starberry wine, extract ocular essence from eyestalk colonies, and smoke coalhollows into coal tubes. Beyond that you'll find eleven new trees and a new underground grass.
* New inorganic materials - two ores with their metals, two alloys, and flarestone - be careful when digging it, but it is a good fuel. And then there's magic light...
* Five major new civilizations, many with their own languages - meet and trade with the Golden Folk, the wurad, and the reptilian encar, protect your fortress against the hobgoblins and the fey of the carmine court. Not to forget the lyroakas and the Deep Evils...
* Create many objects in adventure mode thanks to Lofn's Wanderer's Friend mod, from backpacks to your own weapons.
* Cast magic spells as an adventurer, if you can find or make an arcane rod. Spells of light, fire, nature, and water await!
* About 33 new beasts, 9 new vermin, and 20 megabeasts, semimegabeasts, and night creatures threaten or help your fortress and adventurer - the domestic shellok provides shells and eggs, the oshkras and frost wyverns freeze with their breath, and the dew spider webs provide alcohol. The gods keep the secrets of slaughterwar undeath and vermancy for those they deem worthy, and curse others to roam about as a wendigo. Nine more creatures exist only as fanciful art images... for now.

The mod comes with a manual detailing all of the new contents. No third party utilities are required to run the mod.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:00:21 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.01
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:16:19 pm »

Can anyone verify that they have living civs after installing this mod?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.01
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:27:26 am »

All civs die in your worlds? That's odd. What worldgen options are you using? Can you see something in legends mode on what might be the cause?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.05
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:41 am »

I've uploaded version 0.05, adding a number of new creatures, and making some changes to previously added content.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.1
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:01:41 pm »

Version 0.1 is up, now with more language, plant, and tannable material.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:46:05 am »

I'd like to know how reactive the flare stone is. Does it result in 100% dwarf fatalities, or can dwarves mine through it and take minor damage?

I suppose I'll test it out with some imigrants.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

Flarestone works a lot like the blacklung mod by Lofn, except rather than applying a syndrome, it is super-hot. I've seen dwarves die from flarestone mining when I tested it as large clusters. With smaller veins, it shouldn't be quite as deadly, but still dangerous.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:27:39 am »

Is the higher intelligence of the feathered caste significant enough to give them any real advantages over the crested caste?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »

Well, I'm not sure to what extent the attributes are used in world gen. A quick look into a world with culling on seems to suggest that feathered encar are culled more often than crested encar at the start, but they seem to be retained more later on, before the point where everyone is retained.

In adventure mode, feathered encar should be weaker than crested encar. There is little in adventure mode currently where the good attributes could be useful until the adventurer skill arc comes around. Which makes me consider some changes that may help them in adventure mode once adventurers are no longer superheroes.

In a hypothetical encar town mode, they should be a good fit for the equivalents of managers, brokers, and bookkeepers, and some professions like architect and mechanic. Another change comes to mind here that would help them in such a mode (or adventure mode when skills come in).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

Greetings, Knight Otu. A lot of players asked me to merge Direforged with Genesis, and I already have like 4 or 5 versions which I have to update because of different tilesets and settings, and I will die if I will have to update 4 or 5 more :). What do you think if I make a modular Direforged mod for Genesis (so you download the module, unpack it into Genesis and it works at once)? I won't go ahead and do this without asking your permissions because you may have reasons not to want it, and I don't want to make you sad or irritated for no reason.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:13 pm »

I'm not against the whole mod being merged or made into an add-on module as long as the proper credit is given. (In general I would also like to know in advance if someone wanted to use it in this way).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »

I always ask when I want to use someone's work :). And sure, I have the whole Credits section. Thank you, I am sure people will be grateful to you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

I've merged the genesis and direforged mod myself with no problem. I love how crowded it makes world gen, towns sprawl everywhere.

Thanks for explaining how the flarestone works. I'll just mine it out with obsidian caste dwarfs from the genesis mod...they like fire, right?
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 06:01:09 pm »

They are immune to firebreath effects but I am not sure about temperature. Once I merge it I will check it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11:52 pm »

Since I've concentrated on a second mod, I'm not going to release an update to go with 0.31.4 right now. Direforged v0.1 is compatible as is anyway, and the few changes and additions that are in don't justify a new version yet.
That work on the other mod has helped with balancing a few planned creatures, though, and I might port over generic stuff to Direforged (I kind of already did so with the scale/chitin/hair tanning, but that wasn't really specific to that mod).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17