Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: You are a Village! (Pop: 3) (no vacancies)  (Read 11589 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
You are a Village! (Pop: 3) (no vacancies)
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:12:47 am »

On the Coast of the Unnamed Sea there is the Unnamed Forest, Situated at the feet of an Unnamed Mountain, and Next to an Unnamed River which separates the woods and mountain from the Unnamed Plains.  Perpendicular to the river is an Unnamed Road, and on this road there is an Unnamed Inn The inn has three bedrooms and a living quarters, as well a kitchen and Master Bedroom in the basement.  Behind the Inn there is a small garden full of fresh fruits and vegetables (1 yellow pepper like plant, 1 root plant, 1 leafy plant), and beside the garden a small Tiny Egg-laying Bird coop, and a pair of Small Milkable Animals.  On the way to the inn are three people, all planning on taking advantage of the free open land surrounding the inn.  Will they lumber for wood?  Fish in the sea?  Carve the mountain searching for ore or valuable gems?  Perhaps they will start a ranch full of animals, a farm overflowing with grain or other bounties, an orchard rich with fruit, or a vinyard rich with.. also fruit.  The inn keeper (me) knows not, but he does no that with these three visitors will come more, and with them more precise trades, or perhaps rival industries.

Tech wise is a bit anachronistic, but it's mostly medieval, but with a more free market feel then serfdom.

Spoiler: How to Play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Okay, I think I explained it pretty good, but I'm probably wrong.

To do:

-Get the first 3 players (I will be playing favorites in my choices, it will not be first come first serve, when a room becomes available in an inn or another player's home (if they let you live with them that is) then it will become first come first serve (maybe)

-Name everything

-Answer inevitable questions.

I will be using a grid map for building space (each square would have 4 mini-squares, a room takes 1 square, second story adds another room in that mini-square, other things may take up only 1 mini-square or all 4 (such as a field or pasture))

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:56:48 am by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Village!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:11:33 am »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:40:57 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:26:09 am »

Spoiler: updated sheet (click to show/hide)

2 more people, or people with questions, or whatever.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:30:44 am »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:48:48 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:30:39 am by 10ebbor10 »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 08:42:10 am »

Okay, before I let either of you in, one of you is a miner who wants to be a smith, and the other is straight up a smith. Which is fine, the miner can mine and have skill in smelting, while the smith is really good at making stuff.  The problem is, with only 3 people starting, having a forge isn't necessarily the most important thing, since everyone will start off with their needed tools, and if they break they can always spend time and money traveling to a town to buy a new one.

What would be more important is probably a food source other then the inn, since all he has is some "goats", "chickens", and some veggies.  Perhaps a fisherman or a hunter, or something.  Or not.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:44:01 am »

Hm, let me change my character then.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:55:06 am by Ochita »
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

DAMNIT! Missed out on what looks like a great RP. I initially thought it was a suggestion game from the title, but oh well. With my haphazard download rate at the moment, I'd probably have just held things up. Will be watching though.

Also, about the Smiths. My curiosity got the better of me: does that imply that all trade is internal to this place, between players, or is there external trade to sell tools made?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 08:51:46 am »

DAMNIT! Missed out on what looks like a great RP. I initially thought it was a suggestion game from the title, but oh well. With my haphazard download rate at the moment, I'd probably have just held things up. Will be watching though.

Also, about the Smiths. My curiosity got the better of me: does that imply that all trade is internal to this place, between players, or is there external trade to sell tools made?

There is external trade, but having internal trade would be more beneficial since the stuff doesn't just.. go away, it goes to making other things.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 08:58:27 am »

Modified my character.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 09:06:39 am »

Altered my character sheet a little.

I'd like something that allows me to cook palatable food as a player's choice skill. If I can preserve food better too, then yeah, I'd like that, but only if it's covered by the skill I chose.

And I guess player's choice skills start at level 1, or determined by a dice roll?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 09:12:50 am »

Altered my character sheet a little.

I'd like something that allows me to cook palatable food as a player's choice skill. If I can preserve food better too, then yeah, I'd like that, but only if it's covered by the skill I chose.

And I guess player's choice skills start at level 1, or determined by a dice roll?

They start off at level 1, and I'll give you a skill I should of given you anyway. Survival.

back to making up ochita's sheet.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:19:23 am »

Hmm... okay, I guess I'll add it later then?

Oh, and one more question: How are skill bonuses (the +1 in XSkill 1+1=2) determined?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 09:27:19 am »

Hmm... okay, I guess I'll add it later then?

Oh, and one more question: How are skill bonuses (the +1 in XSkill 1+1=2) determined?

Skill level = x

xd6

So let's say you were building a house.  You use your construction skill which is 1, so you roll 1d6.

You get a 4, so you add 4 to your progression level, which is a set number, the more complex the higher it would be.

So let's say you had a skill level of 3, so you'd roll 3d6,

1,4,5  so you'd add 9 to your progression.

1,2,4 would mean you fail.

1,2,2 would mean you fail and something bad happens.  which I should fix the first post so this makes sense, since it says 2 and not all.

If you had 4 skill

1,1,4,4 would be a success.

1,1,1,4 would be a fail.

1,1,1,1 would be a major fail.

So a level 2 skill would succeed as long as either of the rolls were a success.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:55 am »

Hm, let me change my character then.

Spoiler: updated sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8