Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included  (Read 3405 times)

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Opening your eyes, the first thing that you see is the blinding white of some flourescent light, it's buzzing overtaking the sound of dripping water in the background. Everything smells musty, and damp. Your back is pressed up against cold metal, but it feels like you've been lying here for ages.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chat log links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:20:42 pm by jc6036 »
Logged

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »

What? Content not interesting enough? Don't want to try out a new feature?
Logged

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

*shrug* I'll bite.

Carefully open eyes. Quick self check. Listen to surroundings. If everything seems ok, sit up. If there's a big scary monster waiting for us to wake up, don't sit up yet.

Trapezohedron

  • Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:39:02 pm »

*shrug* I'll bite.

Carefully open eyes. Quick self check. Listen to surroundings. If everything seems ok, sit up. If there's a big scary monster waiting for us to wake up, don't sit up yet.

I would've suggested something, but it's already covered by LordBucket's suggestion, among other things.
Logged
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:23 pm »

You push your self up onto your elbows, feeling sharp twangs of pain as the muscles in your shoulders and arms reawaken. Looking around, the room is extrodinarily sterile. One metal table off in one corner with nothing on it, and two doors on the far side of the room, both identical. The thing you're lying on is in fact a gurney, and you are wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. The prisoner ID reads 453266C.

Wherever you are, your head is pounding, and the bright lights are not helping the fact.
Logged

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:20 pm »

Get up, take a few minutes to fully wake up, adjust to the lights, as well as move around, restore circulation and stretch. Then take several minutes feeling all over our body with our fingers for surgical scars. Then look for:

 * Cameras in the room. If so, where are they? Also look for speakers for a PA system.
 * Windows in the doors and/or open spaces between the door and the floor.
 * Compare the two doors. Any differences?
 * If windows, look through them. What's on the other side?
 * Any objects in the room not bolted down. Clothes? A table? Anything?
 * Any other noteworthy objects or facilities. Is there a sink? A toilet? A mirror? Are we lying on an actual gurney, or is it a bed that's bolted to the ground? Do we have bedsheets? Is there a medical chart on the end of our gurney?

Also, what's the last thing we remember?

Need more information.

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:44:39 pm »

You stretch, wincing as your muscles come back to life. Checking your body for scars, you find only one, down your left ankle. As you run your hand up and down its bumped surface, you can't seem to recall how you obtained it. In fact, you can't remember much of anything at all. The last thing you remember before waking up here is walking down a city street. Before that, you remember saying goodbye to a woman and child, presumably your spouse and offspring. Before that, there is nothing. After the city street, there is nothing. There seems to be little to no explanation for this jumpsuit, either. It's all black, and confusing. Your name...your name is...what is your name exactly? Mark. That's it. Your name is Mark. You decide it's high time you start trying to get out of here. You scan the room for anything of note; there are no cameras what so ever in the room, and there are no windows in the doors and no gaps under them. They appear to be completely air tight. No other furniture in the room exists besides the gurney and the stainless steel table, and neither are bolted down. And what you were laying on was indeed a gurney, oddly enough. Something about the two doors is odd, though...the door on the right has a small protrusion where one might put a key, while the left has nothing on it save a handle for opening and closing it.
Logged

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »

Dismantle the gurney and recover two of the bars from it. They will serve as both weapons and tools. Then try both doors. They might not be locked.

If we're unable to open either door but they appear to be destructible, then use the table to smash our way through the handle and remove the locking mechanisms from the inside. If the doors are impenetrable or have internal deadbolts that we can't get to or steel reinforcing that we can't smash through, then forget the doors and instead use the corner of the table as a wedge to gouge chunks out of a wall, then proceed to make a hole.

Also, ceiling check for fans/vents/other passageways.

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »

You tug at a couple of the legs of the gurney, expecting them to be hard to pull off. They come off easily, and you fall on your rear. The gurney remains suspended in air, as if it's being held up by nothing. As you tilt one while standing up, something falls out. It's a small drawstring bag, though it appears to empty at the moment. You've no idea what it's for. You pocket it, and check for any sort of escape in the ceiling. There is none, and the ceiling is perfectly smooth. The flourescent light is embedded flawlessly into the ceiling as well.

You go over to the doors, and try the one on the right. It doesn't move at all, no matter how hard you tug on it. However, the door on the left opens very easily. You walk through into the room beyond, and the door shuts behind you. The room you're in now is exactly the same as the one you were in before, with three exceptions. The stainless steel table in the corner now has a key sitting on it, the gurney is leaning on the floor, missing the legs that you took, and there is only one door in this room, which is the one you just came through.

The door behind you is still unlocked.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Logged

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:39:09 pm »

1) Take key.

2) Open door. Look through. Do we see ourselves on the far side?

3) Place one metal bar on the floor wedged up against the frame to hold the door open. Proceed through, stand at closed door on the far side and look back through to the other room. Do we see ourselves?

4) If we do not see ourselves, then move the gurney in the first room while looking through the held-open door. Observe any changes.

5) If there are no changes, then remove the bar holding open the door, allowing it to close. Then move the gurney on our room. Then open the door to see if the gurney in the other room moved while we weren't watching.

6) In the future, when opening doors, make a point to look in while holding the door open rather than walking in to allow them to close behind us.

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:17:17 pm »

You pocket the key. It's much heavier than you would expect from such a little thing. Opening the door back up, you can see that the other room is now identical to the one you're in now with the gurney toppled, except for the locked door being there. You can't see anything out of the ordinary in the room.

You decide that you'd rather not have these doors close behind you, and prop it open with one of your gurney bars before going through. Still not seeing anything out of the ordinary, you push the gurney for a little test. You push it through the now open door, and it rolls into the other room unhindered. You close the door, and open again, checking for changes. The gurneys are both missing now, completely gone. You are left with just the stainless steel table and locked door. It seems that the room beyond the door near perfectly emulates this room, copying it when the door is closed and then enacting the laws of reality, such as gravity. Strange.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Logged

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »

You stand and ponder your next course of action, jingling the key about in your pocket. You're thinking that you should probably go through the locked door, but first you check to make sure that there's still yet nothing out of the ordinary. While you're thinking, you notice the unlocked door changing somehow. It's going from its cool color to something darker, more worn, color spreading from the rim of the door towards the center. The door is giving off more and more heat as time goes on. From the sides of the door spreads something black and fleshy looking. Whatever it is, it's probably not safe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:09:53 pm by jc6036 »
Logged

Trapezohedron

  • Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 04:57:33 am »

> Run the F**K away from the door! Go back the way you came!

> Close the door behind you.

> Check the other locked door in the previous(?) room, and attempt to use your all of your keys in that small protrusion.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Logged
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

jc6036

  • Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 07:23:32 am »

You back away, and fumble your key into the lock on the door. As soon as the key goes in, it turns instaneously and the key snaps in half, one end dropping to the floor. The door swings wide, revealing a sparse hallway with flourescents and sterile colors. The door once again slams behind you. You put a hand up to rub your eyes, and when you remove it the door is gone. The hallway stretches on for a ways, though you can in fact see an ending.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Logged

Trapezohedron

  • Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening - Horror Adventure - IRC Speed Suggesting Included
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 07:42:18 am »

> Go back to where the doorway was. Listen for sounds.

> Listen to the ambient sounds, if something sounds suspicious

> Look at the far side of the hallway, where it ends.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Logged
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: [1] 2