Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Hill Of Rites ☼MASTERWORK☼ mod succession fort  (Read 28183 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: Hill Of Rites ☼MASTERWORK☼ mod succession fort
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 10:48:24 am »

So...whose turn is it?
I'll sent firehawk a version of the mod with the save already in it.. If that dosn't work or we don't get a response in 12 hours we'll give it to panopticon (Who I think's next)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:37:01 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

Thanks, now the two thread can be kept apart way easier. Good luck with the fort. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:00 am »

Alright I think we havnt got much of a choice now but to skip firehawk... :-\ Panopticon; your go.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

Busy weekend for me, you will see something tomorrow evening or Monday at the latest.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 07:28:50 am »

Didnt i tell you guys that i wont be around over the weekend? Well, i think im not surprised :D

But i have found my little error: Although i had the newest Version of MW on my PC, the launcher took the old version for playing "facepalm on own stupidity".

Should i play the round or wait until Panopticon has finished?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 08:43:01 am »

Didnt i tell you guys that i wont be around over the weekend? Well, i think im not surprised :D

But i have found my little error: Although i had the newest Version of MW on my PC, the launcher took the old version for playing "facepalm on own stupidity".

Should i play the round or wait until Panopticon has finished?
No go ahead. It's still your go and Pan i'm sure won't mind as he said he's busy!
if he does however want to take his go you can take your go after him if you want :) So did that other link work for you?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:26 am »

No, the savegame i got from you works now, after ive fixed my stupid DWARFEN behaviour ;) Starting my round now :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:52:13 am by Firehawk45 »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:07 am »

No, the savegame i got from you works now, after ive fixed my stupid DWARFEN behaviour ;) Starting my round now :)
Good :) Haha we'll have to tell panopticon :P Hope he dosn't mind...

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43:21 am »

Bloody Nobles. I cant imagine whats wrong in their heads, but i would love to play some rounds of "who can dodge the demon longer" with them. I got "send to greater honors", thats the official term for it. Unofficial term you ask? "Get you butt out of the path of my career".

Now iam the leader of a hellhole somewhere in the wilderness, and i cant even pronounce the name! Lets see if one year is enough to get the hell out of this fortress without it being reported to the former mayor, the now-baron back home....

First look at the fortress:
The design is.... interesting. I prefer my Forts with more space, especially between evil outdoors and nice indoors. Thats non-existing here, but i will make it that way. Its also really compact. I may be able to move some things deeper underground. That should make things look a little bit nicer.

There is also a little military presence here, led by the former ruler of the fort. Looks like he already chopped something into little pieces. I like him, and he can defnitly keep his squad and get some new recruits. I think i will form my own Crossbowsquad, it just feels right to do so.

I start with rearanging the works the people should do. I dont like miners hauling stuff and the doctor, who should fix the military leader, is cleaning fish. Overall there are to many fishery workers, and remember: Fishing=Outdoors=BAD=Unhappy overseer. Also, some useless People, like lye makers, cheese makers and wood burners (although i like those guys for what they do) have been reassigned . Other dwarfes were hopelessly overworked with 9+ Labors and hauling.... how are they supposed to get good skills? Armorer and Weaponsmith are a prime example. We dont want 5 Smiths producing bad armour, we want ONE Smith who makes Masterwork armour and another one smith making Masterwork Weapons.

Now, after i got those lazy freeloader scum loyal citizens kicked in the a** put to good work for the honor of the Fort, i can start expanding the fortress and optimizing it. First thing is a archery range for a permanent squad of crossbowdudes. The fields need to be redone too, as they are a mess right now. And the stockpiles need to be moved and enlarged, they are full.

My plans are the following: I will move the stockpiles deeper into the mountain, as well as the workshops belonging to production chains that dont need to be near the Entrance. Metalworking for example.

I will be back with another pile of Text, lets start this thing.

/edit: I took a walk out of the entrance today..... err, those drakes..... they dont breath fire, do they?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:47:34 am by Firehawk45 »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:53 pm »

Next Part. Ive got a feeling for the fort now, but its not a good one.

Im setting up stockpiles and workshops in the already digged out area. I wonder what the previous overseer had planned for it, but whatever, i have designated them to be dug out further, making space for craftshops, Masonmansions and carpenterjoyplaces. There is also a stockpile for Bones/Hooves/Wool, which should make things easier. I will concentrate on bonecraft, as they dont need fuel, like this crazy pottery "someone" set up in this fort. Also, there are now 2 Food Stockpiles. One for seeds near to the farms and one for the other stuff.

And SURPRISE, the giant sponges decided to be bastards. Our glorious commander of the militia decided he really wanted whatever laid next to the river. And then he decided to charge at the sponge. And then he decided to take a bath..... And now he faces drowning, sorry Sockpuppet, i think you may die there.

Nevermind, he survived. But the iron kite shield he wants so desperatly is still there, so i see some more epic battles in the future.
Work on the crafting area and the smiths area is going well. Im running a little bit low on booze, i need to stock on that. Also, one of the marksdwarfes became a elite Marksdwarf. And he was not taken. But he is now.

A frost giant thief appeared, only to be jumped on by the drows camping in the depot, enjoying their newly aquired earthware crafts. they are fighting, and im tempted to send our elite-warrior in, GO PUPPET! Oh no, too late, he is dead already.

Archery range is finished. Marksdwarfes are now assigned to it, and it will be smoothed and engraved, to give our engraver some experience. A word on the Marksdwarfes: I have changed the Archer-template to a Metalclad-Crossbowdwarf, which is my standard formula for my military. Also, i will build a defense-platform to repell sieges with the liberal distribution of bolts.

Jeweler strange mood.... lets see what he does, probably a perfect gem. Im okay with that, could lead to more goblinite, and that means steel. Steelclad dwarfs, mjam mjam, big like.

Next update will come. Not much happening at the moment. My year started officially though. Looks like someone sent me a incomplete turn :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:31:19 pm by Firehawk45 »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »

/edit: I took a walk out of the entrance today..... err, those drakes..... they dont breath fire, do they?
hahaha no. I wouldn't have set them there if they did. They're nasty in a fight though. You might wanna move their young (They gave birth a while back) in doors. It takes them YEARS to grow up though... ::)

Oh dear... yet another run in with the giant sponges. THOSE BASTARDS. They simply weren't content with breaking both my arms, were they?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:17:23 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »

I think i have to keep our Military away from the river, they get excited about simple things.... like sponges, for example.

Migrant wave..... wups, that singlehandedly doupled our population. Well, more workers. And i will stock up our defense force with them. Maybe my own little squad? Will take some time to assign them were they need to be. But Puppet got another berserker in his squad, along with a potash maker.... He even knows how to point the sharp end to the enemy. Have fun with him :) "Wanders of with his 2 former hunters and trained Marksdwarfes"

Another frostgiant showed up, and we lost a baby due to insecure building operations. The responsible nobles have been sentenced to... well, im the responsible person, so there was no one complaining :) but the Giant got killed by the force of our military. Not sure who got the kill though.

The defense platform is under construction. It works with the simple plan in mind to thin out the numbers of attackers, before they hit the melee-stoneeaters in the fortress. And it will also block enemy archers from owning our marksdwarfes, which im okay with, because im standing there in the battle.

I have no idea where the miners are..... oh no, you are not BOTH FREAKING DRINKING?! They are drinking while there is work to do..... i bet they go on break after the drinking, and because being on break makes you thirsty..... Argh, Dwarfs. I need more Miners. Two more have been assigned.

The drow finally got a meeting with the mayor. I ordered a lot of animals, like giant desert skorpions, broodmothers, turrets.

Things are going well. I have changed gypsum to be a non-economical stone, as it doesnt have all that much use for us. And i use all the sandy clay for building. I just dont like pottery, it costs fuel.

Speaking of fuel, i was unable to find more coal, but with more man dwarfenpower that should work out. What we also dont have is a shortage on iron. It clutters everything. but i think the smiths will like their new working area.

Dont know if i play the round to the end today, im a little bit tired ;)

no, no end, the automatons showed up..... Dont know how much my marksdwarfes will do, but the Battlements are manned. still no fortifications though. Not good.

Ishar decided to run alone against the wave of angry machines. He died. A fish cleaner followed him as he was unable to reach the doors before the steamrunners got him. Ive looked the doors. They mangled the animals outside into little pieces. I dont really want to send in Puppet with his squad, because my Marksdwarfes can shoot through the floor (lazy masons, but ok, that one turned to something good)

But this battle has got to wait until tomorrow. Its summer, i have automatons camping in front of the door and not enough bolts to kill them.... If thats even possible with xbows.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:19:02 pm by Firehawk45 »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »

So we have automatons at the gates, the drakes outside are dead and we're out of bolts :) !!!Fun!!! I obviously survived my encounter with the sponges. I've an idea! Release the land-sponges!! ;) Haha make stone bolts if you need to. Post a few screenies of the fort so far! 8) Haha did you steal the marksdwarf squad? The one with the legendary one and the other really skilled marksdwarfs? You scabby little man ;) fight like a dwarf on the frontline like me! Bask in the glory of battles with giant sponges!! 8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:35:07 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:23 am »

oh, we are pretty good in terms of bolts, looks like someone really likes to have goblins killed with goblin bone bolts :D

There is no need to send in the military. We dont need to go out there (and i dont want to) and if something else shows up, the automatons can deal with it. And while they are standing at the gate, our Marksdwarfes get tons of Experience. And i have my own squad now, and the first one doesnt have a leader anymore.

Screenshots.... errr, yes, lets see what i can do for you ;) Extra Post, most likely
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:25:16 am by Firehawk45 »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 02:43:16 am »

Let me take you with me for a walk..... (the screenshots are a little bit of, but its okay)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12