Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 123996 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »

Start a Witch Hunt. Let My Military Support the Priest in any way he needs.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2012, 08:58:40 pm »

Well, gaining a castle was now out of the question, blast that war, now so much was in the Crowns hands, which would cause even more problems for him later on. Anyhow it was time to check out his few small villages, see what they were like, unless he could prove himself as a skilled landholder his chances of recieving anymore land were quite slim.

Learn about the villages, hold a mini open court to them and find out what available reasources they can gather
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:09:33 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »

This Lord, he is awfully helpful. He must want Ban Yi Soong gone...

Head out on the path described to me, listening to the tracker. keep eyes and ears open for Highwaymen, or the Troll-hunters.

[6] You listen to the tracker, while making sure there are no highwaymen waiting for you up the path. [6] There are no bandits specifically in front of you; [3] a better description would be to say that there are two groups around, one on each of your flanks. [1] They have many bowmen with them, and they all ready their arrows when you realize they're there. Their leader, [3] who looks like your standard bandit, jumps down on the path in front of you and starts speaking.

"You are surrounded by [1] the Black Arrows of the North, in service of [4] Ulfric of the Stormvale clan. Surrender your money and weaponry, and we shall spare your life. Resistance is futile."

Situation, bad. flanked by archers, unknown number.

"I have never heard of them. Tell me, have you heard of Ban Yi Soong, and then tell me also of your illustrious group"

Be ready for a fight.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2012, 10:42:07 pm »

"Consider this less a common matter, one more intent of restoring Spirituaser's trust in the crown then. Because unlike the other "Wells" so to speak, this one was dug in most recently by your own mother when she sacked the city after the war of the hounds, Though I do understand the concern about the plague and such due to it spreading fairly quickly. Provided the areas infected have sufficient food to last a few years, we could quarantine them to stop it from spreading

And dissapointment? I am not at that stage yet Mi'lord. Regardless, I will accept your decision, but I shall not do so without complaint. And you may actually be dealing with a worse problem here..."

The King grinned.

He stood up in his Throne.

"Well and good, that my Mother no longer rules then? Am I to be expected to remunerate everyone who suffered losses during the War? Perhaps I can bring the unfortunately slain back to life? Repair the walls and castles thrown down with a wave of my hand? Raise sunken ships from their seabeds?

Such miracles, at least, might win me some respect.

...Let's not make bad blood over crowns, all right? Tis truly a paltry sum, and it's not worth enough for you to speak to me this way. I will not be pushed about like a bullied child, Duc. I am the King, and you will accept my commands.

Speak to Advisor Dearborvent. He holds the purse strings. You will get your crowns, if your demands are reasonable of the treasury."

He sat back down, laughing.

"Have you anything more snappy to say, Duc? My humor is being stretched to the limit here...and I've important things to do this evening."

((OOC: Reposting Action))

Action: Organize a Marriage Feast for the Kingdom-invite ladies of High Station, most especially Elise and Eliza. Invite all other Nobles to attend, who are looking for wives.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:43:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »

"Very well my liege. I shall drop the subject. Though admittedly, if you could pull off such miracles we would be able to unite all the adranic nations, what with you being a divine prophet.

One other thing though, I've heard a few rumours that one of the nobles may be plotting behind your back. I've given what information I have to the spymaster already, but I'd keep your ears pricked up.

Now, as an aside, I would like to see your skill with a blade. So, on that, I propose we have a little sparring session. Get to know our different fighting styles and such. Would be good practice atleast."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:57 pm »

The King sat up from his throne, shrugging.

"Nobles will always plot for more power. Otherwise they wouldn't be very good Nobles.

Heh. My Mother used to say Nobles are like Throw Rugs-when they get dirty enough from being trod upon, you have to take them out and beat them. So, we'll keep an eye on them, watch our step, and have a broom at hand."

He stepped toward Duc Ursa.

"...As for a good spar, I'll accept your challenge. I prefer to cleave Worgs over Women-take that as you like-but I'll test my sword against yours all the same, Blauritter."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2012, 11:28:59 pm »

"...Mi'lord, I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this far more than I should for that remark."

Spar with King Albert

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2012, 12:02:09 am »

The first rays of dawn fell through the stained glass windows of the Northwatch Keep, creating a beautiful facade of shimmering light on the stones of the main hall.

"A beautiful day for a beautiful season."

Renart checked the reports once more, as promised, the elders had their protection as the trade route was being set, and the soldiers learned enough to be able to ride a horse along with using spears and swords on them.

Now it was best to announce the hunt, if anyone would come.

Striding out of the keep, he ordered mounted messengers to deliver the notice to the nearby lords of the Northwatch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He also sent letters to the nearby lands, including the King for added notice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He hoped his wording was good enough to send the message.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 12, 2012, 03:37:55 pm »

Spar with King Albert

Blah blah blah
"...As for a good spar."

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

First round: Albert
Right out of the gate, Albert lunges at Ursa, catching it(?) off guard and bashing   them on the arm.

Second round: Ursa
However, Albert leaves his guard open when he lunges, earning him a hard smack on the hand with the edge of the sparring blade, causing him to drop his own, which he scrambles to pick up.

Third round:Ursa
Ursa once more bashes the King hard, on the shoulder this time, as he grabs up his blade, forcing him into a roll before he once more lunges at them.

Fourth round:King
The King slams the hilt of his weapon into Ursa's gut, hard enough to make the experienced warrior exhale sharply in pain, stunning him for a moment as a rib cracks from the blow

Fifth round:Tie
The king makes to follow up this stunning blow by bringing the flat of his blade up and across in an attempt to knock Ursa out, but it's experience allows it to bring his blade up and block the King's blow, the clack echoing through the room.

Sixth round: Ursa
With a grunt, Ursa, manages to push Albert's blade to the ground, stepping on it with a foot to keep it down before thwacking him in the gut hard with the flat, knocking the wind from him and knocking the pinned blade from his hand. Since it was first to three hits, Ursa wins but has a broken rib.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #579 on: August 12, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

Cyril attends the wedding feast, he bring his family.

((I don't plan on any other actions until after the wedding))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:25 pm »

The King is breathing hard, holding his bruised stomach.

"Well fought, Blauritter. I concede victory to you, today...sorry about the rib, anyway. Timed it wrong. He says with a grin.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2012, 07:44:54 pm »

"Bah, 'Tis nothing that won't heal without a few weeks rest Mi'lord. And you hardly went down without a fight, And I admire that quality in a fighter.

And I have a proposition that you should hear out. You'd be atleast interested in it at the very least."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:26 pm »

Albert nods, leaning up a wall.

"Let's hear it."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »

"Simply put, a way to marry Ria without any political backlash nor any loss of prestige for marrying a lowborn, pardon the term."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

After the dinner, Rusty heads to the Iron Hound for a drink, ordering Kylila back to the manor to guard the Crown of the South. He keeps his eye out for anything strange or suspicious, looking almost desperately for a fight.

[6] You head to the Hound through a series of back streets, in the mood for a fight.  [6] You hear the sounds of several men approaching you from behind and turn to face them... only to hear their fellows flank you from behind.  [4*2] Four men flank you on either side, but you've had time to draw your blade.  They are [3] armed with short knives and clubs, [3] wearing thick leather jerkins and leggings that provide some armour.  [2] They tell you to drop your weapon and fork out your drakes, 'noble swine'.

Elric smiles, before giving a nod, kneeling and setting the blade down, pulling a large golden coin of foreign make from his boot, his hand near the blade as he held it out, ready to grab it back up and bash the flat of it against the first person dumb enough to walk up, straight into their ankles, hopefully knocking them off their feet before springing back up and being ready to fight the others, using non-lethal means, if possible.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 101