Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 123983 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #660 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:37 am »

"Well my prince, you are free to choose. This is the time and the place to do so, although if i may suggest a sweet little bird, just fro a man like youself. she is both of a noble family, and will definitely please your eye. She is.... there, sitting next to Elise."

Edgard wasted no time in pointing towards Eleanor.

"I must warn you of one thing though. apparentl she is quite sharp with her tongue, and toyed with many suitors. Now, I have no doubts that man such as yourself will have no trouble appealingt to her, but remember, you are not the only man in ths hall."

Edgard said all of this in a light tone, almost jokingly. Young prince seemed amiable enough, and Edgard was willing to make friends before future endeavours.

"We should get along perfectly well, then. I will meet her, Saer, and perhaps take her for a dance. So far she is the lady of highest birth to have been presented to me - and by far the one with the most pleasing looks."

After chatting with Edgar, Richard invites Eleanor for a dance

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 17, 2012, 10:04:39 am »

"AND LO, I was pitched from the highest tower by that DEMON LORD, and I fell, and I saw my death in the ground below! And truly, were I of Haeger or Duluk or Ralkarian blood, I would have died. But I am ADRANIC, and we are the BLESSED PEOPLE, and the GODS saved me! I was LIFTED UP on wings of light, and set down gently in the cool waters of the moat, and before me stood the GODS THEMSELVES, in their finest regalia.

AND HARK- I could not comprehend them! No, for NO MAN can comprehend the gods! A thousand years of study would not let us understand them! They are UNKNOWABLE.

BUT THE GODS STOOD BEFORE ME, and they MADE THEMSELVES KNOWN TO ME. They lifted me up, and blessed me, and cured the injuries of the demon and the fall, and spoke to me!

They told me to cast of my fears! To be brave! For I am Adranic, and when we fall, THE GODS WILL CATCH US. They told me to GO FORTH and SPREAD THE TRUTH. The same truth I now tell you! And I tell you, GO FORTH, and spread this truth yourselfs! LET ALL KNOW that they can be saved! Let all know that the times of DARKNESS AND WOE are at an end!

FOR IF THEY COME BEFORE ME, I WILL SAVE THEM. AS A SERVANT OF THE GODS, I WILL SAVE THEM. I WILL SPREAD THE TRUTH, AND SAVE THE ADRANI, AND THEIR FOOLISH COUSINS THE ALTANI AND ELDANI, AND WE SHALL RULE THE WORLD!"

Jitpau Itavny marches north to Stormstead, spreading the word as he goes, establishing the new faith in the minds of his followers.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:54 am »

Jitpau Itavny marches north to Stormstead, spreading the word as he goes, establishing the new faith in the minds of his followers.

[2+1] Not many villagers completely embrace the new faith, but not many realize you're starting an heresy, either. Your number of followers grows slightly, [6] and the word spreads throughout Windheath that a Great Prophet has arrived in the Crown, and is preaching a new truth to the Adrans. Many hear about it; the King does, for one, and the High Inquisitor learns of it too.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 17, 2012, 10:58:53 am »

Eleanor, so far polite but distant to most, accepts the offer with a smile upon seeing Richard. She gives him her hand and stand up, led by the prince to dance.

Elise and Edgard leaned in and spoke quitely to each other as they saw their younger sibling led away by the prince.

"So, Eleanor is after a Conricht too? Aren't you afraid of putting all of your eggs in one basket?
No Elise, I'm not. and beleive me, I'd rather keep our blood in the country than to risk inheritance with some foreign idiot. Would you like to go to Arendalis or Donnerstein? I think not. Normark is poor and cold, and you aren't exactly interested in Haegar either. trust me, I know What I'm doing.

Oh yeah, so you really look ofrward to sleeping with that trollop form Arendalis?

Ugh, You got me there. But think of this: you and your sister will be royalty now. Just like our father wanted... also, have you seen Albert anywhere? I bet he is still parading around with that fish of his"

Oh my. Good thing you reminded me about that."

Edgard chuckeld a little as Elise stood up and started looking for Albert in the Hall.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:18:52 pm by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

Well, seek higher religious authority to deal with this guy.
An Oracle responds to your plight, and travels from a secluded monastery to your court. Clad from head to toe in thick black robes adorned with multicoloured jewellery, he bows before you, and requests that you assemble a court, where all will testify before the gods as to the nature of the suspect.

Your throne room is transformed. Drapes are hung before the windows, the torches burn low, incense wafts through the air. Lines of... let's call it 'paint' criss-cross the floor, forming intricate, mystical patterns. Golden idols are placed at strategic points, and a choir of acolytes stand in the shadows, chanting softly. The Oracle himself sits cross-legged beside the throne, piercing eyes glimmering beneath folds of cloth.

The terrified herbalist is brought forth, chained, and sat on the other side of the throne. A small incision is made in his palm, and red blood, vivid in the strange lighting, spills forth.

Local priests, villagers, wise men, and any others whose testimony might be relevant enter the court reverently. The Oracle extracts from each an oath of truth, and has them sit.

The court lasts several hours. The Oracle calls people forth, and has them speak. Fear and faith compel the truth out of them. On occasion the Oracle will ask a piercing question, reducing witnesses to stammering wrecks.

Eventually the Oracle bids all be silent. The chanting ends, and the air itself hangs still in anticipation.

"Let it be known before the gods", speaks the Oracle softly, "I have heard, I have seen, and I have felt. The truth is revealed."

[1,4,3,2] "The man is a vile sorcerer, of evil intent and way. He has performed magics to hide the truth, but this court has revealed it. His death will please the gods. His soul shall be sealed in this shell, and cast into the sea, where it shall trouble only the fish"

The herbalist- no, sorcerer- screams in agony as a knife is plunged into his throat. He struggles against his chains, even as his blood spurts through the air, drenching those in the front rows. The Oracle stands and holds the soul-shell before the wound, filling it with blood, then hits the man's forehead with the flat of his palm, whereupon he crashes to the floor and is still.

The court empties without a word. The Oracle's assitants clean the floor and dispose of the body and shell, and politely collect their payment of five crowns from the steward.

An Oracle holds court, and judges the Herbalist guilty. Five crowns are secured as payment for the service. If this does not please the people, nothing will.
Long Live United Forenia!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 17, 2012, 11:16:38 am »

Open Cattle, Wool & Pearl trade routes to the Capital (-6d)
Lorvese Treasury: 7,6d -> 1,6d

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 17, 2012, 11:57:04 am »

Just making sure
Galhard rolled his eyes, he'd forgotten how stubborn peasents could be, perhaps he should ask the king for some official documents or something to prove that he owned the land now.

Attempt to explain to the peasents that I own these villages now and ask the king for some documented proof
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 17, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »

"Charmed, my dears. Welcome, all to the feast.."

The King said, leading them the main hall. His gaze lingered, but there were always more...He owed many dances tonight, after all.

Well, there was a bit of a race, he noticed.

Elise was all but racing toward him-but still seeming relaxed, not losing an ounce of grace, poise or energy. The crowd seemed to part before her, as if she cast an invisible wake. Albert liked that...it almost reminded him of his Mother. The way she could command attention in a room. She would make a good Queen.

Eliza was also making her way toward him-not so pushy-she was carefully picking her way through the crowd with a dancers grace and dexterity, a small smile on her face. Albert loved that smile-he liked to make her laugh, and unlike some women, she didn't have to fake it. He liked her. Drive, ambition, endurance, passion. She would make a good wife. A good Mother for his children.

Even Duc Ursa was barreling his direction, trampling servants and squire boys underfoot, it seemed. What did SHE want? Did she need to court him as well? Well, he'd...not be against it. It would certainly be a bit tricky though, what with her alternate identity. Still. He liked her, as well. She got things done-all in all, he'd take her into a battle, instead of bed. Well, one followed the other, he thought a bit naughtily.

Did he love any of them? Not really, you couldn't call it that. Love didn't have much to do with it. The Woman he loved...was not here. And never would be, most likely.

Albert couldn't decide which way to go, so he leaned back up against the wall, wondering who would reach him first.

Action: Dance with whomever reaches me first...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:35:24 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 17, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »

[6] You do find a young lady who looks somewhat nervous. She is well dressed, but she seems uncomfortable in her clothes, as if she was not used to wear something like that.

Talinth's eyes find a lady who doesn't seem used to her clothing. You'd expect nobles to be used to their formal attire to elegant parties and feasts, since it could make a difference on how they are seen by the others, and apparently it also enhanced their chances of getting partners...

Even if she looked slightly troubled, there wasn't the need for quick judgement and assumptions. She could be a foreigner or maybe someone from the farthest reaches of the kingdom, and her upbringing could have had less of a focus on acting properly while fully bedecked for a feast of noble, a theory which had the backing of her young age.

Observing further would be needed...And the knight's gaze focused on her, occasionally slipping to other people to make sure he wouldn't miss any other strange figures.

Observe the young lady, but keep an eye open for the rest of the guests; there is probably more than one thief and she can just be a young lady in her first experience in such event.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:15 pm »

Attempt to explain to the peasents that I own these villages now and ask the king for some documented proof

[/] Since you have no proof and no one knows who you are, they mostly ignore you.

Action: Dance with whomever reaches me first...

Ursa is the first to reach you.

Observe the young lady, but keep an eye open for the rest of the guests; there is probably more than one thief and she can just be a young lady in her first experience in such event.

[1] You 'observe' the young lady. She notices. She starts moving around the hall. You follow her. She notices. A lot of guests notice. Finally, an old knight places himself between you and the woman you were stalking, with contempt in his eyes.

"Are you going to stop following her everywhere? You're terrifying her, and with good reason, young man. You look like a bloody rapist."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 17, 2012, 01:12:29 pm »

The King nodded to Ursa.

"Honored Duc. Have you come to ask me for a dance, or is the rib still bothering you?" He said casually.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »

Theor sighed while he watched the slaves. He didn't want this new decoration of his throne room and he certainly didn't like the fact that the Herbalist was dead. But the high oracles said he was a sorcerer! It was not to him to interfere with the trail of the gods. That was not the job of a secular noble. The realms of gods were only for the gods and their priests... But it was still rather saddening that the man was a vile witch. At least, he hoped that the rabble is satisfied now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 17, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »

"Are you going to stop following her everywhere? You're terrifying her, and with good reason, young man. You look like a bloody rapist."

Accusing him of looking like a rapist is not only erratic, it borders the fantastic. He would never inflict such pain to a woman, and the fact they are inside a feast makes the accusation strange, since it would be difficult for anyone to rape a person in a room full of people in his opinion.

But more than anything, the knight felt guilty for frightening a woman. His father would probably be ashamed of his unfortunate actions. Maybe the predatory nature of his friend had grown too strong inside him.

As he was intercepted, Talinth faced the older man and answered sincerely, looking him in the eye with his head hanging low while trying to recall the way to address older knights.

"Saer, I assure you my intentions were misunderstood. My deepest apologies if I scared the lady, it was not my intent. I am a knight from the extreme north of the kingdom and I still lack much in the way of manners."

"I must actually thank you, I hadn't realized I was being inconvenient."

Action: Just leave the woman be and keep on the lookout.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:48:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 17, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

"It would be an honour to dance with you, Albert. Though thank you about your concern about the rib."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 17, 2012, 03:26:54 pm »

Osir looked at this Renart with a tinge of curiosity. Curious, ain't he?

"Well, the marshes are never the place to be raisin' a family, and not the best place to plop down a few hundred families. As you would expect, people go hungry. In fact, I can say that the peasants are extremely hungry right now. Can't be helped for now...Which kind of explains why they want to settle on your land so much, eh? As for the hunt, its simply a hunt. What else is there to say? They ran into your lands and so we're going to take em' back."

As Osir said this, a soldier came to him and whispered in his ear. Osir smiled as he listened.

"You be deservin' a reward for that. Go and ask for a few extra mugs, tell em' that Osir sent ya."

The soldier thanked him, and ran off.

Osir looked back at Renart.

"Well, looks like we've found where these ice drakes been hiding. A small cave. It'll be practically impossible to fight them in there, so let's try a bit of poison and flame, eh?"

Osir stood up, and began walking away. As he left the fire he mentioned this:

"Oh, and why not, a few fairs and games are always good for everyone."

Place a few more carcasses around the valley, but this time, poison them. Also, throw a few stones into the cave to see how far back it goes. If its small, throw a few lit torches with extra cloth into the cave and wait directly outside the cave. Send a few men to make sure that there are no other caves in the area.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101