Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 124003 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #675 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:28 pm »

"It would be an honour to dance with you, Albert. Though thank you about your concern about the rib."

The King bowed courteously, leading Duc Ursa onto the dance floor...they didn't exactly cut a rug-Albert knew she was still injured-but he seemed to enjoy it all the same, leading her with a fair bit of gentleness. He knew the Blauritter was a heavy burden, after all. Perhaps the Duc just wanted a night were she could be a woman.

Afterwards, the pair sat down at the Kings table.

Duc Ursa had the Kings ear, for anything she might want to say.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 17, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

Start looking for a way into the Haegar fortress, also look for any signs of something out of place around the fortress.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 17, 2012, 08:02:15 pm »

"Time to do something stupid"

Return to Northwatch, and seek Renart for assisstance
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

"It would be an honour to dance with you, Albert. Though thank you about your concern about the rib."

The King bowed courteously, leading Duc Ursa onto the dance floor...they didn't exactly cut a rug-Albert knew she was still injured-but he seemed to enjoy it all the same, leading her with a fair bit of gentleness. He knew the Blauritter was a heavy burden, after all. Perhaps the Duc just wanted a night were she could be a woman.

Afterwards, the pair sat down at the Kings table.

Duc Ursa had the Kings ear, for anything she might want to say.
"So, how did you enjoy the dance Mi'lord? Live up to your expectations?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 17, 2012, 11:31:16 pm »

"Far surpassed, Duc. Far less painful than our last dance, one could say." The King noted.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:54 pm »

Ursa had a little bit of a chuckle before resuming the conversation. That fight had indeed been a close one, but enjoyable nonetheless, or perhaps enjoyaable because it was such a close fight.

"Hah. Our last dance was us trying to beat one another with training swords. I hardly think that holds a candle up to the one we just had. But, I shan't tarry with the purpose of this, I am here to ask for your hand in marriage."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:45:41 pm by Taricus »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 18, 2012, 07:14:24 am »

"Time to do something stupid"

Return to Northwatch, and seek Renart for assisstance
((Alright, travel takes no time, so I guess it's time to pop in.))

As you approach the familiar entrance of the Northwatch keep, making sure to dust off any signs of battle off your wear, a familiar guard stops you.

"Halt! Reason for attend-"

She lowers her visor and squints at the man before her before bowing and lowering her spear.

"Ah, forgive me for asking. You've returned from your visit to our Selenid friend, Agent?"

"Well, looks like we've found where these ice drakes been hiding. A small cave. It'll be practically impossible to fight them in there, so let's try a bit of poison and flame, eh?"

Renart liked the idea of driving them out of natural defense, a viable and simple tactic.

"Would you prefer I aid you in the matter? If your plan works, and if those drakes are driven onto open ground, I and my men could run them through with our spears and lances. Would you prefer a feint?"

Aid Osir in his plan, and prepare a cavalry ambush if things go right.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:22:31 am by Tiruin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:24 am »

Action: Just leave the woman be and keep on the lookout.

[1] You leave and return on the lookout, but you know that now it's pointless. Everyone is now nervous when you're near; the ladies avoid you like the plague and the men either watch you with wrath or disgust - or both.

Place a few more carcasses around the valley, but this time, poison them. Also, throw a few stones into the cave to see how far back it goes. If its small, throw a few lit torches with extra cloth into the cave and wait directly outside the cave. Send a few men to make sure that there are no other caves in the area.

[1] The drakes eat the carcasses once again... And you don't find any sign that the poison is effective. One of the clan lords comments that dragons are resistant to most things that ought to work as poison against them - he says it might be related to the fact that they cook the meat once it's in their stomach.

[5] You throw a few stones. The cave goes far back, but you're certain you've hit the bottom after a few throws, which means there should be no other entrance. [1] You throw in a few torches, but it's useless. The smoke goes up, towards the surface, instead of down in the tunnels, where the drakes probably are - if they're there. Smoking them out seems hopeless.

[3] Your men do not find any other caves.

Start looking for a way into the Haegar fortress, also look for any signs of something out of place around the fortress.

[1] You can go through the gate, or over the wall. There doesn't seem to be anything strange or out of place around the fortress.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2012, 09:29:25 am »

Talinth was mostly unfazed, but it didn't take long and he realized he had created a problem himself.

All of the guests were now acting nervous or disgusted or were in several non-amicable states, their body language now almost impossible to discern from the criminals he had been aiming for. His search had just became more difficult.

It seemed that his sheer lack of manners and use to the nobles' environment had finally started to show through.

The knight chose not to waste any time waiting and watching the crowd and moved outside, intent on continuing with his assignment.

Move outside, wait to check for people leaving the feast early. Also remain alert for any sign of the tracks of criminals outside. Avoid stalking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:40 am »

Ursa had a little bit of a chuckle before resuming the conversation. That fight had indeed been a close one, but enjoyable nonetheless, or perhaps enjoyaable because it was such a close fight.

"Hah. Our last dance was us trying to beat one another with training swords. I hardly think that holds a candle up to the one we just had. But, I shan't tarry with the purpose of this, I am here to ask for your hand in marriage."

The King managed to avert a spit take. For once, he was caught completely surprised.

"Um..this is a bit sudden, Duc. I mean...we haven't...um, courted you know. I'm open to it, I mean. We can't just rush into something like that."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 19, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »

"Eh, Not as if we can't start now, though I do think it would preclude us from the festivities here if we were to start now mi'lord..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2012, 01:25:26 pm »

Post-cave find

Renart rode up to Osir as the man was overseeing the situation.

"Might I request a horn be blown, and a feint large enough for a regiment to draw out the beasties? They seem cunning enough to evade our traps, but we haven't tried the conventional wisdom of trapping a smart beast that knows we're intruding on their territory.

"I will volunteer to lead the feint. My horsemen and I can swiftly out maneuver them if I recall my tactics right. I'm just glad they can't breathe fire or fly."

He turned back to survey the land while waiting for his ally's reply.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »

"Might work...well worth a try anyway."

Renart's plan. Blow a horn and have Renart's regiment conduct a feint to draw out the drakes. Once the drakes are drawn out, order the men to fire arrows at them, followed by an infantry charge.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:10:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 19, 2012, 04:26:58 pm »

Elise came back to the Arborvent table, looking rather angry.

"That trollop, Ursula or whatever her name is, just came up to albert and snatched him away!"
Elise said angrily.
"Oh dear, this is most troublesome. But Albert is a smart kid. He knows that this won't last. Ursa isafully pushy and tactless, and her recent begging for money makes her an obvious gold digger." Edgard replied.

"Gold digger? Who is that?"

"Thats the word commoners use for vile wenches that marry exclusively for money."

"But nobility does that all the time! But you are right, she would be after royal treasury then."
"But guess who is holding keys to the treasury..."

"Well, aren't you the clever one. Maybe this isn't so bad after all. Besides, he seemed quite surprised by Ursa. It will be easy to out-charm her..."

"Yeah, just follow the example of your sister. Richard seemed taken in by her."

"I will go and stick close to the king, maybe I will find an opening.."

With that she departed. Edgard was amused by Ursa. She was blunt and insistent. but was Blauritter prepared to marry? He almost laughed out loud thinking about that.

-------------------------------------
After the feast...

A messenger brought in a letter from The Pact. He also told about lot of bizarre things happening there, like a prophet arising and Harald being delcared mad.

"Oh boy. First is the plague, now people are going mad. So much for the golden age..."

Edgard wrote back to Harald. Maybe that an would be willing to explain more in person.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was during the royal marriage feast when a hooded figure entered "Drifting Chemise". After a short discussion with the men at the ntrance and an exchange of some coin, that the man entered the establishment.

He was a slave in fact, but authorised to speak on his master's behalf. After all, a youndg duc that was about to get married could not be seen in a brothel, no matter how well-paid one.

"May I speak with the proprietor of this establishment? My master has certain business to carry out with him."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:53:42 pm by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:43 pm »

"Eh, Not as if we can't start now, though I do think it would preclude us from the festivities here if we were to start now mi'lord..."

"Too right. I am glad for you making your intention known, Duc...as you say, there is a time for dancing and a time for courting...for now, I must attend to to others, as is my duty. We will...speak later, on this."

Albert wondered.

Duc Ursa was excused to her own duty, and the King to his.

Action: The King picks another woman to go dancing with.
(Ardas can jump in here, or the GM's with Eliza or another woman seeking Alberts hand)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101