Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 123987 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #885 on: September 09, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

Trent made his way towards the keep slowly, his clothes in tatters and his wounds still aching in such a way that he felt he could sleep for seven days without awakening from that slumber. But he drove himself onward, he had much to do before he could rest, the first of which was to visit the Marquis of Northwatch and show the proof of his hunt to him.

It had been a long time since he'd started referring to the man that was his Uncle solely as the Marquis of Northwatch, he had abandoned ties to that family long ago when he had joined the Ranger's. Now here he was returning from a hunt that had killed three of his closest friends, and all he could think of was leaving his post, if only for a time, to return to that position of slight noble blood.

As he approached the keep he nodded to the guards on duty and spoke aloud, doing so bringing him yet more pain to his new wounds even the title and honor of Trollslayer was not worth what he had lost,

"Is the Marquis here? If so I would request a meeting with him, otherwise I have matter to attend to before I head to the Capital, so pleas do hurry about confirming his presence."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 09, 2012, 11:42:31 pm »

At Northwatch...

It was a sunny day. Birds flitted across the evergreen trees in all their glory, singing songs of joy and sonorous welcome. The peasantry moved along their daily tasks, tending to the crops and training with their spears and rudimentary weapons. The Lords who were left behind from the Hunt were busy in their own abodes, tending to their own needs, heedless of any other deal but their own at the moment.

A cry rose from the gates, the guard was signalling something of great worth -- or danger, judging by how imperative the response was. Archers managed to move to their posts, spearmen manning the gates while the overwatch kept sight in the distance for any approaching army.

There was none but a man, and another that would follow later on. Trent Nathal, the man they were ordered to shoot on sight was all on his lonesome. As he approached the gates, no resistance was made as they freely opened for him, guards at the side saluting and holding their weaponry and shielding in a grand gesture of respect and honor. The prize which Prince Richard asked for was ever-visible, and news of Trent's return resounded through the land, in but hours his tale was being spread through the taverns and tongues of the commonfolk, some with exaggerated ideas of the five who slew the troll of the North, one of many threats told to children as a ward of evil.

As Trent approaches the keep, he is met part of the honor guard left behind as well as the younger Rangers. They salute him.

"Is the Marquis here? If so I would request a meeting with him, otherwise I have matter to attend to before I head to the Capital, so pleas do hurry about confirming his presence."

The leader of the guard nods, rapping on the door three times. Soon enough, Renart's Steward appears with a joyful expression on his face.

"Saer Trent! You have returned, alive and well! As for our lord Renart, he is busy with the Winter Hunt, cold drakes and all. We were all worried when we heard of your 'exile', saer. If there is anything you'd need, just say the word.

He gestured towards the nearest guardsmen. "Alia, Theras, tend to this man's wounds! He needs to be looked after by the physicians. Spread the word of Trent's return, have you anything to request other than a messenger to milord Renart?"

((@Kingfisher: You'll have to state your return to Northwatch, just to say your report and such if needed.))

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:50:04 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 10, 2012, 12:43:23 am »

@Dwarmin:

Turning around, Talinth calmly moved on to tell the King about the news, Sahainn at his heels. It was already painfully obvious by now that the captain of the Bravos should face interrogation, with that woman facing a separate session. The puzzle was basically complete, and all that remained was waiting for the King's decision on the matters.

With some rumours he had recently heard in his mind, Talinth went to the King, intent on having the situation solved.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 10, 2012, 04:54:51 am »

"Find me someone who knows about Zelatek. Maybe one of the northern lords knows where her worshippers may be found."

Tired of waiting for adventurers to come to him, Jitpau sends some of his followers north to look for worshippers of Zelatek.
Long Live United Forenia!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:41 am »

Tiakath limped into Northwatch. She was a broken woman, her bones, her flesh, her mind was broken. Her emotions were in turmoil, but she knew nothing could be done now. She staggered around, just looking for a place for food, warmth, and drink. Before she went in search, she said something to Trent.

Thank you. You truly are a brave soul, and if you ever need help, ask me.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »

[1] "A foreign noble, here to help us in the war against Arendalis? Yeah, right. Even if you were a foreign negotiator, no kingdom would offer us help without wanting something we're not willing to give; and even if there was such a kingdom, Donnerstein needs no help to fight its war. Bugger off."

Ril pushed himself up then, leaning forward towards the steward, carefully showing him the axe and sword at his hip without ever drawing attention to it, his tone was still calm, still polite, except he was just a little louder, a little more insistent.
"Your lands are fallow, grown over with weeds, your children grow up in military camps or not at all, your castle is plaster, wood, and uncut stone. Men are in rags instead of proper bandages. I want nothing from you, but to help rebuild and to help you put an end to this fighting, this war, once and for all."

((+1 charisma bonus~))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 10, 2012, 03:18:21 pm »

"Nay, all I want is a message to be sent to the Marquis, tell him of my return and tell him that I wish for a ceremony to be held to mourn those lost in the folly of my Hunt, and tell him I will be where the Wolves' Den once stood. If he comes have him come alone, he will know why, otherwise I will meet him here when its time for the ceremony. Also send word to the Prince that I am coming as soon as that ceremony is finished, I will show the him what he asked for me to retrieve."

With that said Trent turned to Tiakath and spoke once more,

"You see it as bravery, I see it as folly, and pure idiocy on my part. I caused the death of three of my closest friends, and brought severe harm to you. The wounds I suffered from this battle is not enough to pay for the harm I've caused, but I think you for those words nonetheless."

Standing up he shrugged off the physicians,

"You can care for my wounds later, I will not be cared for till the ceremony has ended, till then I shall go to my place of worship."

With that he gave a quick goodbye to Tiakath and shrugged off the last attempts of the physicians before heading to the stables to get a horse. He was heading for the only shrine dedicated to his God, the only one ever built, it was where he went to pray and ask for redemption, to ask for aid on his Hunts, and the like.

As far as he knew he was the last person that worshiped her, before his parents had passed away two or so years ago his father had once told him that he would be the Last Hunter, that worship of Zelatek either ended with him, or flourished. He was unsure how that would go, but he knew he would try to convince others to worship her, he had seen her works help him in his Hunts, but now was not the time, now was the time for mourning.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

With that he gave a quick goodbye to Tiakath and shrugged off the last attempts of the physicians before heading to the stables to get a horse. He was heading for the only shrine dedicated to his God, the only one ever built, it was where he went to pray and ask for redemption, to ask for aid on his Hunts, and the like.

As far as he knew he was the last person that worshiped her, before his parents had passed away two or so years ago his father had once told him that he would be the Last Hunter, that worship of Zelatek either ended with him, or flourished. He was unsure how that would go, but he knew he would try to convince others to worship her, he had seen her works help him in his Hunts, but now was not the time, now was the time for mourning.
When you arrive at the shrine, someone else is already there, kneeling before the altar. It looks like they have been sitting there a while.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 10, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

It was time to sort out the affairs of his new vassal, Harald. A letter wwas penned to albert, explaining the situation.

Spoiler: Letter to Albert (click to show/hide)

The "prophet" himself would be visited too. Maybe there is a way to calm him down in regard to Harald and solve the matter painlessly.

Edgard immidiately took off to the streets with his few usual guards, heading to where the prophet was residing at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:37:03 pm by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 10, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »

Trent gripped his sword as he saw the person sitting before the shrine, he had seen no other do so since before he became a Ranger, when his father still came to pray here daily.

"What is it you want here at such an old place? Few others have walked these lands in many years, many who did where inclined to try and harm this place. If you have such motivations you may find yourself a pin cushion before long, now talk if you would."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 10, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »

Oh, sod ... You, bastard... Get lost. I'll await you back in the manor." Theor said in a frustated tone. That was not gone like planned, but he found a way to train his swordsmanship... A silly way, that he will not do. Not yet, anyway. The Blackshield looked at the market of several minutes, before riding home. He had still business to do... Mostly involving the Grey Death. Along his way he sang  "Es ist ein Schnitter, heißt der Tod..."

Back home

After a tiresome day dealing with peasants, workers and other folks, Theor leaned back on his Oak Throne and stroked absent-minded over the shield, his family heritage, which laid conformtably on his lap. And then... Then he got a good idea! "Priest! Write a letter to Arbovent... Wriiiteeee...."

Spoiler:  Letter to Edgard (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 10, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »

Edgard immidiately took off to the streets with his few usual guards, heading to where the prophet was residing at the moment.

The sun is high in the sky, and a warm breeze (smelling faintly of fish) blows through the city. A modest crowd is gathered on Beadmaker's square, listening with varying degrees of intensity to the words of the prophet.
A pointed look from from your guards quickly clears a space for you.

"-seven weeks he sailed, until thirst overcame him so that he jumped into the sea. And lo, the waters were clear, and fresh, and slaked his thirst, for though they sailed blind in the mist, the GODS had guided them to the mouth of the river. For he was of the Blessed people, and faithful and true to the old ways. This was before we forgot, before war and time left truth behind, leaving a muddled misunderstanding to guide us.
But the times of uncertainty are over! The Godless era is at an end! The time of the Blessed people- the time of you and me- has come! Sing praises in their name, and go forth joyously, for this is a glorious summer, which will be remembered evermore!"

Trent gripped his sword as he saw the person sitting before the shrine, he had seen no other do so since before he became a Ranger, when his father still came to pray here daily.

"What is it you want here at such an old place? Few others have walked these lands in many years, many who did where inclined to try and harm this place. If you have such motivations you may find yourself a pin cushion before long, now talk if you would."
The woman jumps up, startled.

"Forgive me, Saer", she cries, "I am but a humble pilgrim. I am seeking followers of the Goddess Zelatek, and mean no harm!"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

Trent hastily removes his hand from his sword, and speaks,

"Do forgive me if I startled you, its just many have came to this place seeking to defile it, most people see this place as an abomination, a place to worship a god not accepted as one by the current religion."

"If you seek the worshipers of Zelatek then that would be me, for all I know I am the last person who still sees her as a God, I have seen her guidance in my life throughout my Hunts and I know she watches over this world even though she no longer walks it surface. Now what is it you need of me, the Last Hunter?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 10, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »

Edgard arrived at the Beadmakers' square, and listened to the sermon. He begun speaking once the "prophet" was done.

"Ah, the the story of Adran's landing! I know it well, Arborvent is close to the mouth of Arendalis and we tell this story among ourselves often. It is a story of faith rewarded with worldy goods and fortune, is it not? Adran was correct in believing in his path and Gods guided him to this country. Tell me, wise man, will you be able to answer my question in private? My faith in the gods is strong, but I have some doubts, a personal matter to resolve and I need your guidance."

------------------
Later in his residence...

Egard read the note and replied swiftly. Blackshield was proving to be a trustworthy man and a reliable companion so far. A little training would do well to reinforce the bond.
Spoiler: Edgard's reply (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:07:32 pm by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 10, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »

Trent hastily removes his hand from his sword, and speaks,

"Do forgive me if I startled you, its just many have came to this place seeking to defile it, most people see this place as an abomination, a place to worship a god not accepted as one by the current religion."

"If you seek the worshipers of Zelatek then that would be me, for all I know I am the last person who still sees her as a God, I have seen her guidance in my life throughout my Hunts and I know she watches over this world even though she no longer walks it surface. Now what is it you need of me, the Last Hunter?"

"Oh good! Yes, He who fell and was saved wishes to speak with someone learned of the worship of Zelatek. In Stormstead. It is very important!"

Edgard arrived at the Beadmakers' square, and listened to the sermon. He begun speaking once the "prophet" was done.

"Ah, the the story of Adran's landing! I know it well, Arborvent is close to the mouth of Arendalis and we tell this story among ourselves often. It is a story of faith rewarded with worldy goods and fortune, is it not? Adran was correct in believing in his path and Gods guided him to this country. Tell me, wise man, will you be able to answer my question in private? My faith in the gods is strong, but I have some doubts, a personal matter to resolve and I need your guidance."
The old man nods.

"That will be all for today. Go forth in safety."

The crowd disperses.

Jitpau motions towards Edgard.

"Speak."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101